• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugioh

Banned
I just started playing not too long ago, but I feel like my winrate is abysmally bad even considering. I'm at like 42% with 166 games played so far. Should I be worried? People always say that the system tries to keep you between 45-55% but I'm constantly going on really bad streaks and tilts so I don't know what to think.

iloled

Banned
I just started playing not too long ago, but I feel like my winrate is abysmally bad even considering. I'm at like 42% with 166 games played so far. Should I be worried? People always say that the system tries to keep you between 45-55% but I'm constantly going on really bad streaks and tilts so I don't know what to think.

42% is honestly bad. No offense.

Try to learn from playing and reflect on your mistakes instead of just playing every game without learning from your previous games.

rugioh

Banned

Try to learn from playing and reflect on your mistakes instead of just playing every game without learning from your previous games.

I'm not entirely sure where we go wrong though.. in lower level games it seems like noone is really trying to farm and people just try to snipe kills for gold so I can never transition into the builds that I want to. Maybe I should just start making some more economically feasible early-midgame builds so we could win early teamfights and push towers instead of going for expensive lategame items that I can never obtain.

ViviOggi

I'm not entirely sure where we go wrong though.. in lower level games it seems like noone is really trying to farm and people just try to snipe kills for gold so I can never transition into the builds that I want to. Maybe I should just start making some more economically feasible early-midgame builds so we could win early teamfights and push towers instead of going for expensive lategame items that I can never obtain.

When nobody tries to farm shouldn't it actually be easier for you to outfarm the enemy team? Maybe you're not farming as effectively as you think, but I can't judge you without having seen you play or at least some data of course.

Regarding your other idea, yeah, if you manage to convince your team to deathball it up and push hard you should see results. Low level players often have a hard time dealing with concentrated aggression.

Pungza

Woow, sold some greevil eggs yesterday and bought two keys. Second chest ever opened got this

zGRESsG.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Every single day around 10 to 12 SGT the servers go completely borked.

I really wonder what the problem is.
Its the euros, just to many of them. LoL has the exact same issues, so I am not too surprised, though I have faith that valve may actually be able to rectify the issues in a timely manner.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
You think the overall concurrent population of the game will drop after Diretide ends? I know I've been spending as much time as possible towards the end of the event trying to grind to get as many essences as recipes as I can while the free loot is dropping.

shira

You think the overall concurrent population of the game will drop after Diretide ends? I know I've been spending as much time as possible towards the end of the event trying to grind to get as many essences as recipes as I can while the free loot is dropping.

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give GREEVLING

It's already dropped down from the 700K high back to the normal 500K they had before Diretide hit.

Which make's Valve' inability to handle the server load all the weirder.

Ethereal Flame Azuremir courier
zdKjcFs.gif

QoP of Pain

Don't feel bad. When I was new I had like a 38% win rate. It was awful.

Zeth

I have less than 100 matches but my winrate is like 64%. I keep thinking maybe if I solo queue I'll get teammates with more 30 minutes dota experience, but it never happens. Is there a games played threshold before you are "placed" in a "bracket"? Maybe I just need a tow.

Can we have a look at your Dotabuff? 42% shouldn't happen.

fiore

Banned
I have less than 100 matches but my winrate is like 64%. I keep thinking maybe if I solo queue I'll get teammates with more 30 minutes dota experience, but it never happens. Is there a games played threshold before you are "placed" in a "bracket"? Maybe I just need a tow.
What's your steam Id?

52club

Compared to my win rate for my first 166 games you are doing well. It just takes time, maybe some of these guys on here played with more experienced players. However, I solo q'd all my games and it is tough. Then you mix in stacks of people smurfing and it becomes damn near impossible to have a 50% win percentage.

Wok

Compared to my win rate for my first 166 games you are doing well. It just takes time, maybe some of these guys on here played with more experienced players. However, I solo q'd all my games and it is tough. Then you mix in stacks of people smurfing and it becomes damn near impossible to have a 50% win percentage.

To me, it is more a matter of the number of different heroes you play and their role. I (solo-)queue for almost all of my games and my win-rate is about 46%, but I have noticed that if I play a hero I know, i.e. Lich, Nature's Prophet or BloodSeeker, and moreover, if I play a carry I know, then the winrate is more consistent. If you stick with Support, you depend too much on the rest of the team, which is very random in a queue for All Picks, especially solo, and your winrate does not mean much.

Shinypogs

Dotabuff says I've played 112 real matches with a 50% winrate. I usually go on 3-4 game winstreaks followed by similar loosing streaks.

Some games I feel like I'm finally getting it and others it's like fml why do I even bother :(

yarden24

hi dota gaf, i need some serious skywrath tips here..

every-time i play the hero i feel i do well, yet i almost always lose with him if anyone can give me some tips, or look at my replay id really appreciate it...

Match 401867204
Match 398525707

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

every-time i play the hero i feel i do well, yet i almost always lose with him if anyone can give me some tips, or look at my replay id really appreciate it...

Match 401867204
Match 398525707

Easy, your teammates are feeders. If you're wracking up kills on Dragonus you're doing fine, but he can't carry a team since he's squishy as shit. Both of those games, everybody on your team with carry potential had a miserable game.

To me, it is more a matter of the number of different heroes you play and their role. I (solo-)queue for almost all of my games and my win-rate is about 46%, but I have noticed that if I play a hero I know, i.e. Lich, Nature's Prophet or BloodSeeker, and moreover, if I play a carry I know, then the winrate is more consistent. If you stick with Support, you depend too much on the rest of the team, which is very random in a queue for All Picks, especially solo, and your winrate does not mean much.
While I agree that it can suck to rely on people in solo queue, his low winrate actually seems to stem from a lack of supports. I had a quick look at his recent game results, as well as viewed his last game. 5 carries, no courier for 12 minutes. That will cripple any team. No vision either.
If you want to improve your win %, your team needs at least one dedicated support. You're not going to be able to afford your big late game items when you're fighting for farm with 4 other heroes.

Match 401867204
Match 398525707

Yeah, your teammates feeding like crazy might have something to do with it lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Matt, since you are likely going to be stuck in the US for a few more days with the storms going on, you should totally try to find someone to have Thanksgiving Dinner with and just relax.

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give GREEVLING

Fuck no, Valve can keep it. Give Frostivus instead.

yarden24

Easy, your teammates are feeders. If you're wracking up kills on Dragonus you're doing fine, but he can't carry a team since he's squishy as shit. Both of those games, everybody on your team with carry potential had a miserable game.

but its every fucking game, ever game i get 15+ kills 6-7 deaths and lose, maybe i just dont create enough space with ganks? maybe I shouldn't take the majority of the blame there, but when the last 4 games i had with him this happens, something has to be the reason

shira

but its every fucking game, ever game i get 15+ kills 6-7 deaths and lose, maybe i just dont create enough space with ganks? maybe I shouldn't take the majority of the blame there, but when the last 4 games i had with him this happens, something has to be the reason

It's an objective based game. Kills mean nothing, the sooner you let that go the better off you will be.

Chris R

It isn't that bad if you aren't grouping up. I'm sitting at 48.2% right now because I seem to only group with the mentally challenged people who are expert feeders and don't understand English, but queue in English only...

edit: 4-10 isn't feeding, 2-22 mid DK is feeding cyka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom