• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

la_briola

cat drow looks better than barely indistinguishable Natures Prophet set #5 or whatever the hell Warlock looks like.

seriously how does he not tip over when he walks

dota_item_the_exiled_demonologist_set_large.cdac326a2f9f77452bb741a1cb3bcf8dd05275eb.png

Every Warlock lantern is HUGE.

Demoli

Managed to finally get a couple of good deals on D2Lounge and got myself a Dark Tracer, Tracked Kills, Tracked Gold and 2 Towers destroyed counters.

Now to trade up to a Scythe or a Flowering treeant.

shira

Managed to finally get a couple of good deals on D2Lounge and got myself a Dark Tracer, Tracked Kills, Tracked Gold and 2 Towers destroyed counters.

Now to trade up to a Scythe or a Flowering treeant.

I thought pumpkin-ants would be hot shit since DK use them

Demoli

I thought pumpkin-ants would be hot shit since DK use them

Eeeeh, I don't really like them, I view them as something I'd use during halloween/diretide and then not bother during the rest of the year. Same reason why I rarely use the Wrap Assassin in TF2 outside of the christmas times.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
So many people are buying the furry hats the Dota 2 network asplode!!!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Dota 2 network been down for a long time now. I was really hoping to play before familial obligations took over my day.

Haunted

I see it has a custom animation, but no new weapon? That's the only part of Bristle that needs fixing. Poor guy just has a rock on a rope :(
"thing on a rope" is a pretty popular weapon concept with Valve. Spirit Breaker, Brewmaster, Bristle...

Only Bristle weapon I know of is the Emerald Frenzy thing.

emerald-frenzy-flail-3b9tsdoh8.jpg

ElyrionX

Good news: New Sand King set
Bad news: I don't like and there won't be another one for another year

Where do I buy Drow cat ears?

Also good news: 125 Wins!
Bad news: Nothing. I'm 125-98 and having a lot of fun solo queuing Ember and Earth Spirit in AP.

7hkXMX5.png

How the fuck is your win rate so high while solo queueing?

Haunted

Code:
Record     Win Rate
201 - 177   53.17%
Quite happy with that. And with my last game being an Earth Spirit one (in which I gloriously fed), I now have officially played every hero at least once!

How the fuck is your win rate so high while solo queueing?
You know when you end up on a shitty team and the other team seems kinda decent and you lose the game?

He's on that other team.

LiQuid!

I really, really don't mind Tobi at all. I think he's a capable commentator. But holy shit is he cramping the style of this panel.

...Like, badly.

It's actually making me uncomfortable.

BraXzy

I can't believe that shitty furry drow set is considered "Rare" where as that sweet looking second disciple Bounty Hunter set is common. It's much better designed (keeping with Valve's strict art direction rules in their PDF), and looks more up-market than this PoS drow set.

Seriously props to the Gaffer here who made that set. I'm kinda happy it is cheaper for me to buy but it deserved a higher rarity stamp. Especially if that shitty Drow set can. Volvo gon bonkers.

What determines a workshop items rarity level? Is there a general rule of thumb Valve follow?

Haunted

I can't believe that shitty furry drow set is considered "Rare" where as that sweet looking second disciple Bounty Hunter set is common. It's much better designed (keeping with Valve's strict art direction rules in their PDF), and looks more up-market than this PoS drow set.

Seriously props to the Gaffer here who made that set. I'm kinda happy it is cheaper for me to buy but it deserved a higher rarity stamp. Especially if that shitty Drow set can. Volvo gon bonkers.
While I generally agree, maybe the fact that there are almost twice as many Bounty Hunter item sets compared to Drow Ranger item sets has something to do with it. It means that BH equipment naturally has a tougher time competing with more previous items. While I think the Disciple set is of much higher quality than the Shadowcat set, Valve can't make them all rare.

But I don't actually know Valve's system here.

dmshaposv

Guys so I'm new with this socketing/crafting business...

I added a "couriers bought" inscribed gem on my Azuremir courier to track my stats. But after having bought a courier in the last 5 games, it still says 0. Does this not work on a courier or something?

Low Tier
Guys so I'm new with this socketing/crafting business...

I added a "couriers bought" inscribed gem on my Azuremir courier to track my stats. But after having bought a courier in the last 5 games, it still says 0. Does this not work on a courier or something?

i think its cuz ur item doesn't track until its on the field...aka after the courier's already bought

shira

What determines a workshop items rarity level? Is there a general rule of thumb Valve follow?

Quality and complexity.

Legendaries tend to be huge visual upgrades with custom animations or custom mounts. Commons tend to be bracers or belts and stuff.

Exceptions exist of course:
iFBatAHJHDiMX.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom