• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

Just for shits and giggles, what kind of scale are we looking at for this? Just giving you a number doesn't really mean anything if you have nothing to compare it to. Mine is 1000

I had 1000 as well, but when I try it again now it keeps saying "ERROR: Please enter a valid dota 2 player id."

shira

And what is a new player at normally?

IDK, it won't accept any other pro.

Bruno's outfit for tomorrow
ibjJUf9sN7Lpyj.JPG

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
How the fuck is your win rate so high while solo queueing?
I try to not pick super hard late game carries or super early ones. Pushing seems to work well in my level of MM in pubs since you need more coordination to stop it.

Earth Spirit is ridiculously good at initiation, scrappy fights, chase, and counter initiation.
With Ember I can clean up, escape, chase, and engage when I want to vs most heroes.

Both are safe and really nice mid game. Apart from that I try to call out lanes, missing, tell people to pickup TPs after looking at their inventory, and ping objectives so I like to think I'm helping the team play with a bit more coordination.
Usually my team is overall less dumb than the enemy so I seem to be winning more.

Take this for example:
wSCmEG3.png

Viper is fighting Luna in safe lane for farm, Invoker went mid and just kinda traded and did okay vs pudge, Sniper a few minutes in had boots and a claymore as his only items and kept dying in the offlane (I tried to baby sit, but went to jungle instead after a while as it became clear I needed to farm if we wanted this game to continue).

Viper kept doing random unexplainable shit and constantly complaining, Luna kept complaining about Viper, Sniper kept dying but at least usually got his ult off so I could pick off targets. Kills weren't that far apart, but we were down TEAM SPIRIT. So I kept saying TEAM SPIRIT. ITS OKAY I GOT WARDS. >Relax you're doing fine.

Oh, we also had no courier and wards so I bought those as Lycan, then bought like 8 more wards. Sniper bought a pair in the end for me too.

Stuck my invis wolves on Pudge during mid and late game and to scout so I could push towers safely, got my necrobook, pushed towers and thus also made space for Luna to just farm our jungle. Also apparently Lycan is really fucking good at Roshing which helped. Was my first game as Lycan as well so I'm pretty happy.

tl;dr Try to win and convince your team you can

Oh, also play OP heroes to boost your WR I guess too (SB was fun)
pA7J3jL.png

So matchmaking is a lie?

EDIT: I am 133-133 and it bugs the shit out of me.
I dunno, how often do you lose on your good heroes and how well are they reliant on other people to be on point?

Zeth

Try to win and convince your team you can

This is so clutch. Your whole post is great too. Whenever I go solo, I always try to be the beacon of hope, especially when my team is usually way too quick to declare defeat. I also try to ignore flaming and infighting, or quell it when possible.

Unrelated: Can anyone explain this? http://dotabuff.com/players/27965162/matches?hero=vengeful-spirit&game_mode=&match_type=real I noticed Venge was the most played hero on this guy I queued with. I fear we don't share the same values. edit: S&Y on Venge. Is that a thing?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
This is so clutch. Your whole post is great too. Whenever I go solo, I always try to be the beacon of hope, especially when my team is usually way too quick to declare defeat. I also try to ignore flaming and infighting, or quell it when possible.

Unrelated: Can anyone explain this? http://dotabuff.com/players/27965162/matches?hero=vengeful-spirit&game_mode=&match_type=real I noticed Venge was the most played hero on this guy I queued with. I fear we don't share the same values. edit: S&Y on Venge. Is that a thing?
I've seen more people play Carry Venge.

She can be item independent, but she doesn't need to be. Built in deso, amazing nuke stun, great chase / gank potential, and a ridiculous aura. Plus ridiculous stat gain, I've never looked at it.
Item build: Looks like he wanted movespeed to chase and kill.

jentOJO.png

traveler

Not Wario
Amateur hour at dreamhack lol

Puppey giving them the flak they deserve for this pathetic series of questions.

Edit2: No seriously, what the heck is up with this panel?

shira

Amateur hour at dreamhack lol

Puppey giving them the flak they deserve for this pathetic series of questions.

Edit2: No seriously, what the heck is up with this panel?

WTF they are Bo5 the rest of the way.
I thought they were just fucking with Puppey
Fuck - I got shit to do Fri-Saturday.

GorillaJu

I understand the outrage over Cat Drow. It's stupid furry bullshit that belongs in its own creepy ghetto (or LOL). Valve has been more and more lenient toward letting dumb designs in, and I fear the inevitable My Little Pony cosmetic somehow sneaking its way in.

Keep nasty fetishes out of Dota 2. Except for QOP who is clearly a dominatrix. Also I'm buying Cat Drow just in case :lol

I understand the outrage over Cat Drow. It's stupid furry bullshit that belongs in its own creepy ghetto (or LOL). Valve has been more and more lenient toward letting dumb designs in, and I fear the inevitable My Little Pony cosmetic somehow sneaking its way in.

Keep nasty fetishes out of Dota 2. Except for QOP who is clearly a dominatrix. Also I'm buying Cat Drow just in case :lol

There's outrage for cat drow? Man. Maybe I should buy incase of Alpine Ursa syndrome.

Then sell for over $500

shira

Patch up. Let's see if they immortal

There are like 5 or 6 threads on the Dota 2 reddit just filled with rage.
The problem is that the next 2 steps after furry cat ears would result in something like this. Which although it would sell millions, it would effectively ruin the game.
600x337.resizedimage

NBtoaster

Cat Drow is just a cute costume.

Don't think it's meant to appeal to furries or anything like that.

edit: New patch, removes Diretide. Time to buy essences before they skyrocket in price.

Or you could live and let live, and go on playing the game without worrying about every item set that doesn't "fit" the Dota world. As long as it doesn't affect the game, I don't see why anyone should be bitching about cosmetic items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom