• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, someone respect banned Meepo for me in a CM game. I still got Tinker though.

They said they looked up my profile and banned it based on that.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/403241859

yeah i bet they were really scared of it

yl6Y6Mk.png

Artanisix

Cat Drow is one of the most successful sets added to Dota 2.

irony.jpg

Basically the entirety of Reddit band wagoning on ooh it's totally anti-lore anti-valve standards, bought it, and hoping it becomes immortal so they can make money. Here's hoping it bites them all in the ass, no one is going to complain about it in a weeks time.

shira

irony.jpg

Teemo_4.jpg

So is teemo astronaut in LOL

Basically the entirety of Reddit band wagoning on ooh it's totally anti-lore anti-valve standards, bought it, and hoping it becomes immortal so they can make money. Here's hoping it bites them all in the ass, no one is going to complain about it in a weeks time.
smh

Artanisix

The worst part of it is all the up voting on how the quality of sets has gone down over time. Total horse shit, everything is better than seashell Morphling.

ElyrionX

I was thinking of picking up a Dell Ultrasharp 27" monitor. But I am afraid that the native res of 2560*1440 would kill my performance in games. I run a i5 2500, 8gb ram, 560Ti.

Would I at least be able to run Dota 2 at 60fps on my hardware? How horrible would image quality be if I run games at 1920*1080 on the Dell monitor?

Also, does anyone know the difference between the Dell Ultrasharp U2713H and U2713HM?

Posted this in the new PC thread but got no response.

Anyone here play at the 2560 *1440 resolution?

Sibylus

Banned
http://i.minus.com/iCXptkEsVvzIe.PNG
Man, you want to support the guy, but this shit is so fucking bizzaro
Tbf, the attitude the guy sometimes has is far more off-putting than him being a weeaboo. It very nearly sent the Lo3 interview into stupid places before it even really got going.

GorillaJu

irony.jpg

The same thing happened with the frog-face Rubick set. People bought it because they all wanted to ensure that they wouldn't miss out on an immortal should Valve remove it. I wouldn't really say it's ironic.

As for the "live and let live" I agree in general that cosmetics are harmless, but where do you draw the line with that attitude? The community is responsible for what gets added to the game and thus the community is also partly responsible for regulating it if Valve isn't going to.

I don't care about protecting dota's lore, and I'm not sure exactly what other people are up-in-arms about over the hat, but I think dota exists on its own without cross-over from other games or cultures. Especially when it comes to obnoxious Internet communities.

Hylian7

I got the videos from my point of view from our brief time in the GAF Mid Tier tournament. Unfortunately we got knocked out by Trash Cadets in round one, well played guys!

Game 1 (Playing as Death Prophet)
Game 2 (Playing as Pudge)

I want to think my team that showed up for the tournament, Mobius/The_M0B and Vehn. I also want to give a special thanks to the two subs we had showing up at literally 5 minutes notice for this thing when we had two people not show up, Docbon and RyanDG. Thanks a lot for stepping in guys!

sixghost

I just saw the most bizarre thing while watching the replay of Sigma vs EG from MLG. The Bane single pulled on Dire, and he killed the last jungle creep right at 6:59. The small camp immediately spawned again despite the lane creeps standing right there, then they turned around and killed the small camp again. Is this something people actually try to do, or was it just a complete accident? The spawn box for that camp must be extremely small.

SamVimes

I just saw the most bizarre thing while watching the replay of Sigma vs EG from MLG. The Bane single pulled on Dire, and he killed the last jungle creep right at 6:59. The small camp immediately spawned again despite the lane creeps standing right there, then they turned around and killed the small camp again. Is this something people actually try to do, or was it just a complete accident? The spawn box for that camp must be extremely small.
Lane creeps don't block the camps. It's a really old bug.

dmshaposv

I've seen more people play Carry Venge.

She can be item independent, but she doesn't need to be. Built in deso, amazing nuke stun, great chase / gank potential, and a ridiculous aura. Plus ridiculous stat gain, I've never looked at it.
Item build: Looks like he wanted movespeed to chase and kill.

jentOJO.png

Real Talk: Venegeful Spirit is the best hero no one wants to play.

Many think of her as a support. But is so easy to transition from early-game support to late-game carry (with Deso and force staff) that no one even realizes.

Now give me some VS hats volvo! I have that talon thing but I need moar!

dmshaposv

i think its cuz ur item doesn't track until its on the field...aka after the courier's already bought

This just confused me. When I bought the courier and click on it, it's on the field. Yet it still doesn't track. I think this is just a bug by Valve at this point - or I hope at least.

Guys so I'm new with this socketing/crafting business...

I added a "couriers bought" inscribed gem on my Azuremir courier to track my stats. But after having bought a courier in the last 5 games, it still says 0. Does this not work on a courier or something?

Anyone?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
This, not that I care about either set, but people who are freaking out over Drow's should be going apeshit about mustache CM.

It's a funny community in-joke disguised as a questionable piece of winter fashion. Not literal cat ears poking thru her own hair.

shira

Is dotabuff a true representation of the dota population? Are Diretide matches included in that potm picked stats? If it's a legit increase that's pretty neat then

It's a funny (highly debatable) community in-joke (yes) disguised (not really, it's too on the nose *har har*) as a questionable (most definitely) piece of winter fashion. Not literal cat ears poking thru her own hair. (She killed the old Nova and used it to make the outfit. Only logical explanation)

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Is dotabuff a true representation of the dota population? Are Diretide matches included in that potm picked stats? If it's a legit increase that's pretty neat then

From what I can tell most of the people who activate dotabuff are tryhards and not the casual dota community who mostly doesn't care about stat tracking.

Also AFAIK no Diretide was tracked there at all so the POTM increase was only in vanilla games.

Acinixys

This just confused me. When I bought the courier and click on it, it's on the field. Yet it still doesn't track. I think this is just a bug by Valve at this point - or I hope at least.

Anyone?

The game probably only sees the courier as a valid in game object only AFTER you activate it

You can test this theory

Buy a courier
Activate it
Buy another courier
Activate it

At the end of the game you should have 1 courier bought, because it doesnt count the first one

Kard8p3

Question about Navi Vs TL yesterday, how legit is offlane Puck? Never actually saw that match, but watching DH now and they were just showing off some highlights from that match.

There are some real dicks that play this game, aren't there. I was playing a game with a Drow that seemed to lash out at everything I said. Telling me it's not my business who goes mid, a fucking mess.

We still won though, my pro Mirana arrows saved the day. Almost got 0 deaths (8 kills) but Ember Spirit took off the final sliver of HP I had remaining.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Fnatic goin' ham this game, my goodness.

There are some real dicks that play this game, aren't there. I was playing a game with a Drow that seemed to lash out at everything I said. Telling me it's not my business who goes mid, a fucking mess.

We still won though, my pro Mirana arrows saved the day. Almost got 0 deaths (8 kills) but Ember Spirit took off the final sliver of HP I had remaining.

Had a lot of people like that earlier myself. Was all out of report ticket things after like two matches. :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom