• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

Question about Navi Vs TL yesterday, how legit is offlane Puck? Never actually saw that match, but watching DH now and they were just showing off some highlights from that match.

No idea about the pro scene but I do offlane Puck quite a bit (my most played hero) and its reasonably effective. You get no runes and less farm but XP shouldn't be an issue even against aggressive trilanes.

rugioh

Banned
Looks like a smurf account to be honest

*shrug* I really am that bad apparently. Gee thanks.

I'm soloqueuing most of the time, sometimes I play with a friend and we queue as two. The last losing streak I went on I tilted hard because my team wasn't making use of their carries, so I said fuck it I'll pick a carry and farm. But then we get a team of 5 carries and noone buys courier as someone stated earlier, and we end up losing anyways. Since then I've just gone back to single draft/random draft for some more balanced comps.

Nirvana

*shrug* I really am that bad apparently. Gee thanks

If that's actually your first account then you have basically made good item decisions on all of your heroes, despite playing random draft etc. from the first game you played. Just seemed odd to me, unless you played Dota 1 and transitioned well. Not saying you are bad, kind of the opposite, despite your win rate.

Look at my first Dota match and compare my awesome item choices hahaha:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/120663327

Actually, looking at my first bunch of games, you would think I was a smurf trying to learn Bane, I fucking stomped: http://dotabuff.com/players/119128380/matches?page=33. I literally only played Bane for my first like, 90 games. I'm good at that hero now...

rugioh

Banned
If that's actually your first account then you have basically made good item decisions on all of your heroes, despite playing random draft etc. from the first game you played. Just seemed odd to me, unless you played Dota 1 and transitioned well. Not saying you are bad, kind of the opposite, despite your win rate.

I watch a ton of videos and read guides almost religiously, so when I get a character I don't know how to play in random draft/single draft I have a vague idea of how to build him already. I feel like my biggest weaknesses at the moment are taking actions earlier in the game to snowball the gold advantage when I'm in an awkward lane where either the opponents or your teammate in the lane is trying to dive constantly. Maybe I should be more aggressive myself.

Nirvana

Funnik is playing arse and Kuroky is rubbish on Windranger.

Fnatic are just punishing them big time.

Kuroky/Funn1k played that exact lane not too long ago and destroyed. They aren't bad at their respective heroes, evidently just having a bad day/Fnatic are ON as fuck - likely a combination of the two.

I watch a ton of videos and read guides almost religiously, so when I get a character I don't know how to play in random draft/single draft I have a vague idea of how to build him already. I feel like my biggest weaknesses at the moment are taking actions earlier in the game to snowball the gold advantage when I'm in an awkward lane where either the opponents or your teammate in the lane is trying to dive constantly. Maybe I should be more aggressive myself.

That's kind of a weird and specific scenario you are laying out there, so I'm not sure I can offer advise specific enough to help. If you are struggling working with random team mates in lane, you could always try mid more often and see how that works out for you. Much easier to snowball if you do well there than any other lane.

Kuroky/Funn1k played that exact lane not too long ago and destroyed. They aren't bad at their respective heroes, evidently just having a bad day/Fnatic are ON as fuck - likely a combination of the two.

OK Mate.

Why doesn't Funnik pick Clinkz? He was ridiculous at Empire with him.

Nirvana

OK Mate.

Why doesn't Funnik pick Clinkz? He was ridiculous at Empire with him.

He has played Clinkz to great effect in the past, but that doesn't mean he's going to play him every game. That's like saying 'Why doesn't Dendi play Pudge?' Sure, he's good at the hero, but that doesn't mean Pudge is a great pickup every game.

He has played Clinkz to great effect in the past, but that doesn't mean he's going to play him every game. That's like saying 'Why doesn't Dendi play Pudge?' Sure, he's good at the hero, but that doesn't mean Pudge is a great pickup every game.

So he picks Clockwerk every match instead?

At least Dendi gets to pick Pudge.

Do you actually read what I write or answer questions that you think I've implied?

Nirvana

So he picks Clockwerk every match instead?

At least Dendi gets to pick Pudge.

Do you actually read what I write or answer questions that you think I've implied?

You said 'why doesn't Funn1k play Clinkz' to which I answered 'He has', which, he has.

Just making the point that he does play the hero when it fits the lineup, but that they aren't going to run it just because he is good at it.

SamVimes

Why doesn't navi pick pudge, clinkz, rubick and chen every game? Obviously they're their signature heroes so they must be perfect in every situation.

You said 'why doesn't Funn1k play Clinkz' to which I answered 'He has', which, he has.

Just making the point that he does play the hero when it fits the lineup, but that they aren't going to run it just because he is good at it.

You actually said, he played him well in the past, doesnt mean he'll play him every game.

I just wanted a bit of variety considering I've only seen Funnik play Clock recently.

I haven't seen him play Clinkz in ages, would be nice to see.

rugioh

Banned
That's kind of a weird and specific scenario you are laying out there, so I'm not sure I can offer advise specific enough to help. If you are struggling working with random team mates in lane, you could always try mid more often and see how that works out for you. Much easier to snowball if you do well there than any other lane.

True.. I guess I'm kind of at a conundrum in soloqueue where I don't entirely trust the people that pick carries to farm up their items, but if I end up playing a semicarry or a carry I don't know if I can get my items online fast enough if the other team gets an early kill lead or takes down towers early. But I'm not putting blame on my teammates if I can't farm efficiently enough or take kills where they're given... I'll try to play with that mindset and try to improve.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I don't get the Treant pick by Fnatic. He seems completely worthless since his last nerf.

You know what doesn't make sense to me is why Fnatic is rolling with a regular ass donkey courier. What the eff???

Nymerio

man, twitch chat...

zjur0EIl.jpg

I don't get people who go onto the Communtiy Market and then dump like 30 of an item at one shot all at the same price.

All it does it ensure that people are going to undercut you because no one wants to put their item at the same price at you or higher and end up at the back of the queue.

BeesEight

Wake up to discover I missed Fnatic winning against Na'Vi in a full sweep?!

Today is a good day. Will find the Vods and enjoy three hours of good Dota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom