• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

I'm so fucking tired of this shit. I play with a 3-stack and I get 2 useless pub players in my team and have to go up against 4-stacks who gets that solo pubber who turns out to be the next fucking Loda.

ksan

I'm so fucking tired of this shit. I play with a 3-stack and I get 2 useless pub players in my team and have to go up against 4-stacks who gets that solo pubber who turns out to be the next fucking Loda.

yes those games suck, but the shit players average out, you'll see this if you look back at your games, sometimes they're on your team, sometimes on the other
and to be rational, most of these players are just having a bad game (not saying that i keep this in mind when i play with players who are playing like shit)

ksan

do you think if F4tal1ty was big today, would he have been playing a MOBA or RTS in todays pro esport scene

i dont think so, he's a dueler, so I'd rule out team games
and there doesnt seem to be a lot of overlap between rts gamers and fps gamers

beside the point, moba players and team fps players seem to be similar, ive played against a lot of cs pros in dota

ElyrionX

yes those games suck, but the shit players average out, you'll see this if you look back at your games, sometimes they're on your team, sometimes on the other
and to be rational, it's most of these players are just having a bad game (not saying that i keep this in mind when i play with players who are playing like shit)

Yeah, fair enough. Oh well.

Also, why are the servers so goddamn shit.

Sibylus

Banned
The completionist in me can't look at the neat map on the training tab without needing to complete all the sections. So I'm playing limited heroes, figured I'd do something interesting and see how many times out of the 10 games I can successfully carry with Drow.

0-1. AN AUSPICIOUS START.

ksan

The completionist in me can't look at the neat map on the training tab without needing to complete all the sections. So I'm playing limited heroes, figured I'd do something interesting and see how many times out of the 10 games I can successfully carry with Drow.

0-1. AN AUSPICIOUS START.

its not worth it
limited heroes is the worst shit ive ever tried in my life, i wanted to strangle my friend who accidentally queued us up for that

TommyT

First game was terrible, yeah, but ksan... I need to fill this bar! I need to put a little flag next to the tower.

Play Viper.

edit: Watching Dreamhack, I feel like Austin Powers when he's looking at the guys mole whenever the camera pans to Tobi.

Sibylus

Banned
My search bar is expanding to maximum, it's like all the new people know LH is terrible.

Lol, literally could not find a match. Anywhere. Guess I'll come back to the experiment later.

BeesEight

My search bar is expanding to maximum, it's like all the new people know LH is terrible.

Lol, literally could not find a match. Anywhere. Guess I'll come back to the experiment later.

I sadly filled this bar. It was much easier when you had to grind items with it.

Demoli

Uuuh, twitch isn't loading for me. I've tried refreshing multiple times and open in different browsers and nothing happened. Any suggestions please?

Dota servers all over the world are shitting themselves right now so that might be it.

Sibylus

Banned
You're in EU, correct? I hear that some of the servers are awful, but there are browser plugins that force them to use different sets?

HeroClix set is on the main Valve Store now:

http://store.valvesoftware.com/product.php?i=BGDT001
BGDT001_Main.png

sephi22

this is why it's not always good for one guy to collect all the kills early game.

Hey Dreams, I'm gonna do ancient stacking Medusa for the first time in a pub soon.
Gimme some tips.

Should I build treads first or Midas? Is Midas even worthwhile? Should I stop ancient farming once I get Midas?

Hey Dreams, I'm gonna do ancient stacking Medusa for the first time in a pub soon.
Gimme some tips.

Should I build treads first or Midas? Is Midas even worthwhile? Should I stop ancient farming once I get Midas?

hmm haven't done that in ages. as I recall, you start with a quelling blade and wards for vision when the ancients are walking around.

Band of Elven Skin --> Phase Boots --> Dom helm.

and you're done with the ancient farming. Use the dom helm to dominate a creep and let it do the rest of the stacking for you while you farm the jungle/lane/push lanes. Then items I'd recommend from here are:

Yasha --> Bfly --> Manta

That's about 28-32 minutes. After that, you can go with a Daedalus, MKB or Skadi. I'd recommend daedalus unless the other team's carry is buying evasion, and I'd recommend Skadi if you think you'll have trouble surviving at that point even with a manta and bfly. Preferrably, daedalus because you want to follow this purchase up with Satanic. After that (if you haven't simply chosen to end the game), get a skadi. It gives so much survivablility.

Items like BKB should be considered if you're being permanently stun-locked (or fear the potential). Linken's I almost always skip because of how it delays damage output most of the time, but ymmv.

-Miss as few ancient stacks with your dominated creep as is reasonably possible. Those stacks matter.

-Clear the jungles as quickly as possible and repeat. Skip the small neutral camps 9 times out of 10. Stack the neutral camp you're faming if it hits :53 and you know you can't finish the camp AND get out of the way of blocking the next spawn.

Alternatively, you can get the same from a lane with roughly the same timings. You'd start with something like a wraith band into phase boots. Everything after that is the same, though. Just depends on whether you have a lane assignment that can be reasonably farmed (definitely not a given in pubs). It's all the same to me now in pubs; it's just a matter of how lazy I feel.

Zeth

Almost bought the heroclix until I realized the Tide item is roughly the same price and I don't really care for the real-life toys :p. Got a decent deal on a jug shirt (dragon sword).

Additional Note: Up until Monday (December 2, 2013), all purchases above $20 can redeem a free Dota 2 Lanyard. When checking out, add the item to your cart and enter the promo code: DOTALANYARD

All sales are limited to the stock available at hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom