• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kard8p3

Randomed Meepo last night and figured why not give him a go for the first time, had a good win. Was already in a stack with mates so it didn't matter I was playing pretty average but it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be.

Meepo is about 1000x easier than people imagine.

Soule

It's a bit more punishing than other micro heroes though, when I fuck up micro on Chen I just look like a dickhead. When I fucked up with Meepo I looked like a dickhead and I died haha, but it didn't happen too often.

Hylian7

It's a bit more punishing than other micro heroes though, when I fuck up micro on Chen I just look like a dickhead. When I fucked up with Meepo I looked like a dickhead and I died haha, but it didn't happen too often.

I would say your real enemies when playing Meepo are usually your teammates. And Timbersaw. Being in a stack pretty much eliminates that.

D

Deleted member 309291

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck this shit , I'm drunk as fuck and matchmaking had the great idea to put me in captains mode so now I have to comunicate and shit, at least im playing zeus so its easy stuff.

Satch

Banned

yes oh my god

it may just be my suffering with attempting to learn invoker speaking here, but meepo is a fucking cakewalk

the way people talk about him, youd think theyre memorizing and mentally sifting through 9 different spells at every moment AND micro-ing creeps with different special abilities

Soule

I would say your real enemies when playing Meepo are usually your teammates. And Timbersaw. Being in a stack pretty much eliminates that.

Yeah, he was actually really fun to play. I've randomed him a few times, don't think I'll repick if I get him again or may take him if other people offer after randoming him. Gotta get my control groups down pat though at some point, they didn't save from when I was testing him out in a bot game which is kinda weird since the control groups for Invoker's forge spirits saves for me /boggle

I've been experimenting with my axe game a little bit. I'm starting to move away from blink dagger and just spending that money on more utility and going Boots of travel mid game. A tanky Axe with a pipe, blademail, and halberd freaks the other team out sometimes

Hylian7

They really need to fix that control group bug with Meepo on reconnecting to games. I just lost a game partially because of it.

SamVimes

yes oh my god

it may just be my suffering with attempting to learn invoker speaking here, but meepo is a fucking cakewalk

the way people talk about him, youd think theyre memorizing and mentally sifting through 9 different spells at every moment AND micro-ing creeps with different special abilities
Invoker is really easy compared to Meepo, it's not even close.

Nymerio

This game can be so frustrating sometimes. Had a Magnus mid, when I looked how far along his blink dagger was I saw that he built a Mask of Madness. I told him blink would be great for initiating. Couple minutes later I looked again. He had a Perseverence. I suggested again that he maybe buy a blink dagger so he could initiate properly. He finished his Battlefury instead. I was hoping that now that he had MoM and BF up that he's buying his blink. He starts building Crystalis. I don't know how he didn't see that activating MoM and skewering into 4 people is not the proper way to play. Later on we chase down a Gyro and our Slardar (who didn't think he needed a BKB) calls me a kill stealer because I got the last hit on the gyro when his support showed up; to which Slardar died to anyway.

Next game was my first broodmother game. I was going to solo offlane. Our PA was supposed to go safelane with two supports. I already had two webs up when she walks into my lane. We told her to please go safe lane. No response. I don't understand these people :(

SamVimes

Is it possible to have more than one coach on a team? A 10 stack would be a whole new level of tryhard.

A 10 stack would happen only with five duostacks of solo player+coach. The other day i randomed meepo against a team with two coaches and they trilaned Mirana, Eartshaker and Ogre Magi against me. zzz

shira

idjsuJIK4RVZf.png
620_1.jpg

http://www.twitch.tv/dreamleague
1st prize $25k
2nd prize $15k
3rd prize $7.5k

Penultimate Match:
110.png
iRMoe7pbYbHai.png
853.png

Grand Final:
edb_team_default.jpg
win
iRMoe7pbYbHai.png
401.png

iXTFzIHdsnraV.PNG

http://www.twitch.tv/dreamleague

Jokab

So what are people's opinion on Draskyl? I feel like he always acts as if has an answer for everything, even when I think he actually doesn't. I can count on one hand the times he's said "I don't know" throughout these dreamleague casts. Sometimes he comes off as really condescending in his answers too. He's not a bad caster, but I wish he didn't do this.

shira

So what are people's opinion on Draskyl? I feel like he always acts as if has an answer for everything, even when I think he actually doesn't. I can count on one hand the times he's said "I don't know" throughout these dreamleague casts. Sometimes he comes off as really condescending in his answers too. He's not a bad caster, but I wish he didn't do this.

He's pretty bad, but he knows Yames.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The growing pains from Alliance trying to shoehorn Bulldog into the new meta are kind of painful to watch. I knew it was weird when they had him rolling on Elder Titan at MLG and now they have him on Timbersaw. He is not great with this hero.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Funn1k richer than God only twenty minutes in. Lawd.

He really comes across as condescending to me too. He's a knowledgeable dude, but needs to dial it back several notches.

ViviOggi

His insight certainly isn't on the level of active pro players but I've never felt that he comes off as overly condescending. He can be a little flippant but the people he works with usually know how to handle it well.

Nirvana

Always disliked Draskyl. He's good when he is just casting what is happening, but when he tries to offer his own standpoints on what players should do or critiques another casters opinions, he just comes off as a dick.

Just for shits and giggles, what kind of scale are we looking at for this? Just giving you a number doesn't really mean anything if you have nothing to compare it to. Mine is 1000

Well Dendi is 1445, which is apparently top 3% (pro), according to the website, so compare yourself to the big man himself I guess. R U DONDI ENOUGH?

Acinixys

http://dotabuff.com/matches/404221216

Games like this make me so mad

I was dominating the earlygame and getting solo kills everywhere

But then NP build Aghs + Refresher and Earthshaker refused to initiate with his ult, so Drow and Co got fat as hell on track gold and eventually just walked into our base and throned us

Seance

Banned
Just wait till Bulldog gets his hands on Broodmother when its allowed back to CM.

I honestly think he had a decent game on timber, not sure what y'all are smoking.

Jokab

Apparently I have DSR of 1019 (top 30%). Kind of surprised by this, I only play the game with a friend of mine and we do reasonably well but I didn't think that well. Though I have noticed that we are facing mor skilled opponents as of late, and we're losing more. We are both at a ~53% winrate though, so I guess that says something.

ViviOggi

My DSR is 1075 (top 30%), on the other hand my DBR back in January was 2028 (Diamond, top 99%). Granted my win rate has gone down from 53.14% to 52.33% but this seems like a ridiculous difference to me.
For DBR Valve had at least acknowledged that it was similar to their ("kind of crappy") MMR system whereas we don't know anything about how DSR is calculated. Fishy imo.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
only 1592 dsr =(

I'm 698 in Bronze.

Bronze.

I'm lower than Chair.

Meanwhile my smurf account is at 1153.

I assume it works off of recent match stats instead of all of it because that's the only way I can explain this discrepancy, seeing as how I've been playing on my smurf most of the time for the last few months,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom