• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKAllDay

Dude's great man, one of the strongest laners in the game with lots of options even if he fails that. He's a snoballer who snoballs on towers rather than kills, and a fed Sylla is prob one of the scariest heroes in the midgame since he can siege racks increadbily well.

He can get ganked fairly easily before lvl 6 though, and if you put him mid like you said, you'll be left without a hero who can gank reliably. He also has prety crummy rune control.

I agree with everything you said except the piece on rune control. As a mid he actually has pretty strong rune control as you can pre-run the bear to a rune spot and then Return it back to lane and run it to the other spot should you guess wrong.

Generally pre-running is a bad idea since you lose valuable gold and xp but its great when you get to stay in lane and still pre-run.

G.ZZZ

Lose 3 games in a row, is winning the 4th game, server crash game lost forever, result as loss in my history.

GG VOLVO

What was my sin gaben, plz forgive me i've had enough, 2 weeks of 20% win ratio.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
been working fine for me

I keep getting "searching for Dota 2 Network" and then when it finally connects, it disconnects and tries to reconnect. Also the API has been unavailable on Dotabuff all day and the betting bots on Dota 2 Lounge are broken as well as my profile/inventory are unavailable.

Nymerio

Let's go!

ihUPd64.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
That site gave me 583, says I'm copper. Take that Gzzz.

Says I'm in the top 90%, which is what dota buff gave me when it's rating system was up. System may work decently with a sizable sample size, but the "top x%" seems off, ether it is just getting more a lot more data, or displaying it backwards and it is trying to say I am in bottom 10%.

Edit: yeah, it's saying I am bottom 10%, I'm just bad at reading it. I may not be that good for the time I put in, but I am pretty sure that is to low.

Phandy

That site gave me 583, says I'm copper. Take that Gzzz.

Says I'm in the top 90%, which is what dota buff gave me when it's rating system was up. System may work decently with a sizable sample size, but the "top x%" seems off, ether it is just getting more a lot more data, or displaying it backwards and it is trying to say I am in bottom 10%.

Edit: yeah, it's saying I am bottom 10%. I may not be that good for the time I put in, but I am pretty sure that seems to low.

Its saying your in the bottom 10.

Like if it said your in the Top 10%, you would assume your in the best 10%.

ksan

there's a slight (if not huge) adverse selection problem yeah, im sure there's way more bad players who havent deactivated the privacy thing/looked up their dsr, so you're gonna be in in a worse percentile than you are in for real

one guy i know probably has a top 100 rating, and he's still not top 0.1%, so yeah

ElyrionX

My guess is that the DSR site ranks people relative to the data they have. So anyone with their profile private or those whose data has yet to be analyzed are probably not in the ranking.

Sibylus

Banned
My guess is that the DSR site ranks people relative to the data they have. So anyone with their profile private or those whose data has yet to be analyzed are probably not in the ranking.
And it's an opt-in system, judging by the queue I'm in. Assuming their metrics are any good, they have some gargantuan holes in their data.

KingKong

Wonder what will happen

Total removal or rebalanced so the farm needed to recoup its cost goes from 8 minutes to 20

I think this would be fair, seems like in pro games theres no real downside to getting midas on everyone unless the pros are just deciding not to punish it? but you cant expect a team to push heavily when they see midas which could easily throw the game

Wonder what will happen

Total removal or rebalanced so the farm needed to recoup its cost goes from 8 minutes to 20

I think the gold you get from Midas is a bit overstated, I mean sure it's 190 gold every 100 seconds so in theory it takes 16-17 minutes to recoup the cost but you have to take into account killing that creep without Midas would still give you gold so it's not really 190 bonus gold

I think the XP part of it is what makes it so strong

Jokab

I'm sure they will nerf it. Their mission for items has always seemed to be to limit the number of heroes a given item is viable for. That is the reason why they nerfed Shadow Blade; too many heroes were picking it up and that was not intended. I think the same reasoning will be used for Midas, I mean when everyone on a team is picking up the same item, something is wrong.

kvk1

I got a tournament drop from the last Na'Vi game.

I'd like to thank the academy for their unabated support and my mother for always believing in me.

I will never forget this day.

Nymerio

Wonder what will happen

Maybe add some stat penalty to it? Reduced armor or reduced movement speed or something? Or just have it break after a certain amount of uses.

Artanisix

I'll remind you guys never to be trigger-happy with nerfs or buffs. Just because everyone and their mom is getting a midas right now doesn't mean it'll be the case a few weeks from now. Let things play out.

Sibylus

Banned
I think fnatic Midasing heavily hurt them in game 1, tbh. There's a chunk of your Enigma's BKB right there, and he Midases right around the time that Na'Vi begin ramping up the pressure.

I don't get the midas thing at all. Are we even sure it's actually helping? It's kind of hard to judge, "the team with the most midas's won" isn't really any more helpful than it would be for any other item. They seem to be getting it on heroes that are pretty item independent, which kind of makes a paradoxical kind of sense, since midas delaying your mid game items has less impact than it would do for a carry. So it's unlikely to stand out as being blatantly obvious that your CM having a midas instead of something like a force staff is actually losing you fights, but I'm not it won't be sometimes.

Going midas on Enigma like Fanatic did makes no sense to me though. If you consider his core items to be blink + bkb, then if the Enigma can farm at something around 300 gpm this would take around 20 mins to get. Going midas first takes around 6 minutes, after which your gpm is increased to 400 or so, taking another 15 mins to get your items which means 21 minutes in total. So you're delaying your blink just to get blink+bkb at around the same time, and then I suppose you can get some luxuries like necro 3 or hex faster that you would but the fights that decide the game might have happened by then. Are my numbers way off here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom