• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

G_G

SC2 chat didn't load for me
chansub-global-emoticon-680b6b3887ef0d17-21x28.png

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Amazing how little Wisp mattered there. There were what, like three relocates, including the one at the end that was just to pick of Pugna for the hell of it?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My guess is that the DSR site ranks people relative to the data they have. So anyone with their profile private or those whose data has yet to be analyzed are probably not in the ranking.
I don't think the number is relative from the way the guy described it on reddit, I think it puts a lot of weight into kda. Gpm, xpm, those kinds of things. I guess the best way to check would be to solo queue and check the rest of the players valve matches you with, and what the distribution is.

Also, I tried to look up a friend rating, in the past 3 hours his peeve in queue went up 80 spots

I don't think the number is relative from the way the guy described it on reddit, I think it puts a lot of weight into kda. Gpm, xpm, those kinds of things. I guess the best way to check would be to solo queue and check the rest of the players valve matches you with, and what the distribution is.

Also, I tried to look up a friend rating, in the past 3 hours his peeve in queue went up 80 spots

If it just compare KDA/GPM/XPM against everyone then it is insanely useless

More like navi decided to practice for a few hours before the match. They are on a completely differnt level- skill wise and draft wise

I'll agree it was more Na`Vi pulling their shit together for LAN final day than Fnatic doing really poorly, but still - not nearly the same team as seen on other days.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I felt like I was watching a live montage. What an incredible moment lol. Also notail, "get rekt" lol. So good. GG

Hylian7

Need to buy some hats to make the matchmaking give you that 50% winrate.

I also laugh at the people that tell some story like "The matchmaking will decide you are doing too well and give you idiots for your team." The dev forums are a great source of comedy.

I'm can't watch your Titan man. It makes my man parts hurt.

Ehhh, there were a couple of times I should have just manmoded the BS when he Ruptured me, but we still won anyway and I did fine.

Edit: Oh man, I just found a hilarious one.

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=98419

+ No more :cry:cry: threads about "a guy with 19 wins in my team";
+ Players will get more motivated to actually win games and boost own skill, and not to create lots of smurf accounts or do any other kinds of abuses to boost winratesor player levels.
+ No more "-You suck! -No, You suck!" dialogues inside the game: everything is clear right away, time to actually play the game and try to win;

Yeah, because MMR would TOTALLY prevent these...

bzm

I also laugh at the people that tell some story like "The matchmaking will decide you are doing too well and give you idiots for your team." The dev forums are a great source of comedy.

Ehhh, there were a couple of times I should have just manmoded the BS when he Ruptured me, but we still won anyway and I did fine.

Edit: Oh man, I just found a hilarious one.

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=98419

Yeah, because MMR would TOTALLY prevent these...
MMR amps up the toxicity of a playerbase tenfold.
and I love it.

ksan

dota 2 confirmed to be best
apparently dota players are the only ones who know that you can twist the bottle instead of the cork
ibmKISyVvq0Ezc.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Thought it was kind of a dick move to have them get a bunch of the audience members wet and sticky like that.

I played my first match against humans last night, I did it on Single Draft. I played Razor in mid, we were ahead on the score 20-02 by the minute ten, after that, all of the people on the opposing team quitted and we won before the fifteen minutes without even taking the base.

I will give a try tonight to All Random and All Pick, just to see.

I joined to the NeoGaf's Dota group and also to the channel :)

P.D. Watching NaVi vs. Fnatic with Sandstorm playing on the scenario was epic. I love this game.

Hylian7

This player has a Copper DSR score (top 90%)

holy fuck im bad
I don't think you can put much stock in DSR. I'm top 60% according to it.

You can generally get a feel for if you are improving your individual play or not quite easily. You just have to learn to recognize your own mistakes.

I recorded a video other day of an analysis of a Meepo game we lost the other day due to the other team's Sniper getting farmed despite our lead. I pointed out my mistakes, such as the fact that I tried to get an Eye of Skadi that I never could finish, when I should have gone for an Ethereal Blade instead. It is cheaper, and would make the BKB-less Sniper useless for me to net and Poof all over him. I could also save a Meepo I was trying to get out if he was being right clicked by Sniper (and wasn't low enough to instantly die to assassinate). I also pointed out the other mistakes our team made such as not forcing the issue with a Sniper, Lifestealer's lack of farm and Crystalys instead of something else such as a Halberd.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I don't get the midas thing at all. Are we even sure it's actually helping? It's kind of hard to judge, "the team with the most midas's won" isn't really any more helpful than it would be for any other item. They seem to be getting it on heroes that are pretty item independent, which kind of makes a paradoxical kind of sense, since midas delaying your mid game items has less impact than it would do for a carry. So it's unlikely to stand out as being blatantly obvious that your CM having a midas instead of something like a force staff is actually losing you fights, but I'm not it won't be sometimes.

Going midas on Enigma like Fanatic did makes no sense to me though. If you consider his core items to be blink + bkb, then if the Enigma can farm at something around 300 gpm this would take around 20 mins to get. Going midas first takes around 6 minutes, after which your gpm is increased to 400 or so, taking another 15 mins to get your items which means 21 minutes in total. So you're delaying your blink just to get blink+bkb at around the same time, and then I suppose you can get some luxuries like necro 3 or hex faster that you would but the fights that decide the game might have happened by then. Are my numbers way off here?

It's not just about the gold. Remember you get 30 attack speed and an exp advantage. Quick level 11/16 ultis and a team xp advantage in general is also huge.

I don't think the item is OP; it's definitely popular, but I think it's just that. It's "in," it's "popular," and it might get nerfed because icefrog is sometimes to nerf popular, fotm things to force a change/new meta.

mrmisterwaa

Neo Member
It's not just about the gold. Remember you get 30 attack speed and an exp advantage. Quick level 11/16 ultis and a team xp advantage in general is also huge.

I don't think the item is OP; it's definitely popular, but I think it's just that. It's "in," it's "popular," and it might get nerfed because icefrog is sometimes to nerf popular, fotm things to force a change/new meta.

Wasn't Midas nerfed a while ago to increase it's cooldown?

Teams tend to get Midas when they either want to maintain their advantage or give supports/carries the levels they need to maximise their potential as early as possible.

The attack speed isn't that great for supports. I can understand it on heroes who actually benefit from the attack speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom