• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sliver

I don't get the midas thing at all. Are we even sure it's actually helping? It's kind of hard to judge, "the team with the most midas's won" isn't really any more helpful than it would be for any other item. They seem to be getting it on heroes that are pretty item independent, which kind of makes a paradoxical kind of sense, since midas delaying your mid game items has less impact than it would do for a carry. So it's unlikely to stand out as being blatantly obvious that your CM having a midas instead of something like a force staff is actually losing you fights, but I'm not it won't be sometimes.

Going midas on Enigma like Fanatic did makes no sense to me though. If you consider his core items to be blink + bkb, then if the Enigma can farm at something around 300 gpm this would take around 20 mins to get. Going midas first takes around 6 minutes, after which your gpm is increased to 400 or so, taking another 15 mins to get your items which means 21 minutes in total. So you're delaying your blink just to get blink+bkb at around the same time, and then I suppose you can get some luxuries like necro 3 or hex faster that you would but the fights that decide the game might have happened by then. Are my numbers way off here?

It's for the XP dude.

Artanisix

I don't think it needs to be nerfed, I'd just like it to be a bit more interesting of an item.

It doesn't need additional penalties to it, though. The fact that it gives you no real fighting stats other than some negligible attack speed at a high cost is penalty enough.

Zeth

Was hoping Fnatic would go all the way. Doesn't look like it but we'll see.

What do you guys think about medallion on TA? I've been thinking phase-drums/medallion-blink for a mid-game oriented build. Criticism please?

ViviOggi

Jesus
chansub-global-emoticon-8eed21805f6217ce-27x29.png

Nymerio

It doesn't need additional penalties to it, though. The fact that it gives you no real fighting stats other than some negligible attack speed at a high cost is penalty enough.

You have a point there.

Doesn't look like Fnatic will make it, was hoping they do but with the way Na'vi is playing they have to step up their game. Hard.

BeesEight

Just stop buying Midases for a while, fnatic. Na'Vi aren't letting it go unpunished.

The all Midas strat was great when they could convince Na'Vi to play along.

But now that they're actually applying pressure, I hope they give up this silly enterprise.

Cheering for a comeback is never a great prospect.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Is there a reason why the level 3 Finger of Death Agh's upgrade reduces the mana cost from 650 to 625? That just seems oddly specific for an effect that will probably not be commonly relevant.

Sibylus

Banned
The all Midas strat was great when they could convince Na'Vi to play along.

But now that they're actually applying pressure, I hope they give up this silly enterprise.

Cheering for a comeback is never a great prospect.
Yup, greed is only as good as the space and time that your opponent allows you. Fnatic are going to get swept if they try this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom