• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how do you guys get good with a certain character? Do you just play him in a few matches in a row? Do you just practice against bots for a few matches? I want to keep trying to play with Wisp but I'm not that great atm and people are just going to be talking shit the whole time I'm playing as him.

But he's so cool to play as! Fuck this game.

Bendt

Neo Member
So how do you guys get good with a certain character? Do you just play him in a few matches in a row? Do you just practice against bots for a few matches? I want to keep trying to play with Wisp but I'm not that great atm and people are just going to be talking shit the whole time I'm playing as him.

If you want to learn the basic abilities for a hero play it in a bot match, but after that it is best to play against other humans.

If your team is bitching at you just take their advice or mute them. For Wisp specifically you need a decent carry that understands it could be ganking time at any moment.

Hylian7

I played him mid vs Invoker and did well, then they had 3 AD carries and venge and I died every single fight nearly instantly. :(

Exactly, and early game they couldn't touch you and you could have potentially snowballed and won the game quickly. You can barely touch him early game.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Understand your core role and what the hero does. Watch some videos / ingame people play them. Try to do that.

Take some time to practice in -wtf mode (I did this to land Xin SoF -> Chains). Just a few minutes mucking around with tether range / speed / spirit control is useful. Same goes for Earth Spirit combos.

G.ZZZ

Man Magnus is so good (and pretty easy too) but i kept misjudging that RP range since i almost never play him, so many whiffed rps zzz

I wanted to play him once in a while because he's one of those heroes i never random, only 7 games out of 2500 with him, even lower than chen, meepo, wisp and other heroes i usually actively repick.

Also guys have mercy but i don't really understand much of what you say in mumble, it's hard for me to understand italian already, 10 americans in a voice chat talking together is impossible lol

mrmisterwaa

Neo Member
Man Magnus is so good (and pretty easy too) but i kept misjudging that RP range since i almost never play him, so many whiffed rps zzz

I wanted to play him once in a while because he's one of those heroes i never random, only 7 games out of 2500 with him, even lower than chen, meepo, wisp and other heroes i usually actively repick.

Also guys have mercy but i don't really understand much of what you say in mumble, it's hard for me to understand italian already, 10 americans in a voice chat talking together is impossible lol

People don't pick Magnus as much as they use to. That nerf to his ultimate was bad.

Artanisix

IT'S OK GZZZ
I WAS JUST SAYING GO FIGHT HTIS

if typing is easier to understand just lmk and i'll do that instead

docbon

Playing AA against all those high mobility heroes was ruff. Didn't help that I specced wrong early game. Thought I could follow up an arrow with cold feet for a guaranteed kill in the lane, but I would have been better off with the raw damage from chilling touch.

Scaring people so much on the first night with Nightstalker that they run away from you for the rest of the game (facilitating even more ganks) is the best feeling. Made up for the previous game where I went 2-14 as Queen of Pain on an all-chinese team.

IceMarker

DoxZrw7.gif

Acinixys

yeah he's getting nerfed for sure. the stun is ridiculous.

You know who else need a Nerf? Ember Spirit. That free radiance/shield bullshit is crazy overpowered.

Played a game last night where i was lane-ing PA vs an Ember and a Shadow Shaman

Every time i tried to go last hit he would use shield when i was shackled and then just chase me down when i tried to run away and destroy we with the burn damage.

Try blink to a creep to escape? Nope he just uses Sleight of Fist + Searing Chains and kills me

Was infuriating as hell

Kreunt

Banned
You know who else need a Nerf? Ember Spirit. That free radiance/shield bullshit is crazy overpowered.

Played a game last night where i was lane-ing PA vs an Ember and a Shadow Shaman

Every time i tried to go last hit he would use shield when i was shackled and then just chase me down when i tried to run away and destroy we with the burn damage.

Try blink to a creep to escape? Nope he just uses Sleight of Fist + Searing Chains and kills me

Was infuriating as hell

yeah he's a strong laner, but he's really squishy mid game without having a bunch of stat items

ElyrionX

Was infuriating as hell

Uhhhh. If you are solo vs. SS and EmS, obviously last hits would be tricky. You should have asked for supports. Or even better, use dagger for last hitting which is the primary purpose of that skill. EmS is far from needing a nerf. In fact, the hero is pretty weak as it is. He has virtually no mid-game to speak of unless you can snowball early.

Tobe

ember needs a buff to his sfx, jesus christ the sound of his swords is ass. am i hitting with dual katanas or fucking butter knives

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I played my first game as Crystal Maiden and was primarily ammunition for my friend playing Tiny. It worked surprisingly well.

shira

I see it has a custom animation, but no new weapon? That's the only part of Bristle that needs fixing. Poor guy just has a rock on a rope :(

637x358.resizedimage

LOL, now its a booger holding a stick to an OV

Jeebus, this dude is lazy with the ideas
637x358.resizedimage

637x358.resizedimage

i don't even know anymore

Hylian7

What is that Spirit Breaker one supposed to be, Agha? I prefer when they get creative with putting shop items in cosmetic items, like the Brewmaster Agha thing.

Hylian7

If I had any modeling skills, I would make Mekansm Staff for Dazzle. It could basically have the head of it be the Mek itself with the ring/chain things hanging off of it in Dazzle fashion.

Nirvana

People don't pick Magnus as much as they use to. That nerf to his ultimate was bad.

Yeah I played about 90 games of Magnus before the nerf, he was such a fun hero before the patch, but once they nerfed bottle crowing and took away his kill potential in mid he became a lot less easy to snowball with and thus, a lot less fun.

Still a great hero, but a much more situational pick, not insta-first pick like he used to be.

That being said, these nerfs are always good in the long run, because it forced me to learn new heroes and forces the pro scene to evolve as well. Good job Icefrog, you're doing it.

That Furion (over 2,000 hours played) might have been the single worst player I've ever had on my team.

The Aghanim's says it all man.

Calidor

:lol

I always forget to log in mumble... Plus I don't have a silky smooth voice like yourselves :(

High poly mesh for Luna weapon done - on to new and untested territory in the item creation pipeline!

Might make the shield I've had sketched out to pair with it, or go back to my Earthshaker totem after finishing the weapon, depending on how it turns out. Also have two Spectre/PA weapons in various stages of progress. Anything after this should be easier/faster now that I've got more of a hang on the flow of the whole process with all the practice and experience I've accrued.

mrmisterwaa

Neo Member

Was infuriating as hell

Ember is a powerful champion but easily countered. He is very difficult to solo-against if you are mainly physical damage because you have no way to remove that shield but you also do damage to him. Magic Dealers can at least spam spells to break that shield - since the shield is on a 40 second cooldown.

People underestimate Sleight of Fist & Searing Chain, you can cast the chains mid-Fist and shackle people from ranged.

Yeah I played about 90 games of Magnus before the nerf, he was such a fun hero before the patch, but once they nerfed bottle crowing and took away his kill potential in mid he became a lot less easy to snowball with and thus, a lot less fun.

Still a great hero, but a much more situational pick, not insta-first pick like he used to be.

That being said, these nerfs are always good in the long run, because it forced me to learn new heroes and forces the pro scene to evolve as well. Good job Icefrog, you're doing it.

The Aghanim's says it all man.

I don't think it was the bottle crowing that nerfed him. The nerf to his ultimate's damage guaranteed he didn't have enough damage to kill any mid he went up against (unless he had help).

I personally like the changes that were added so far, the changes to the metagame is always a good thing and this is where players like Mushi shine. I expect a lot more underdog professional teams to start rising up and picking some crazy drafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom