• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
yeah he's a strong laner, but he's really squishy mid game without having a bunch of stat items

Tbh I think he's one of the weaker laners. Yeah he can get kills in a 2v1 or with a great support, but early on the hero has multiple issues: all his skills are good/core and he simply can't get them all, he has mana issues, he has very low armor, and he doesn't have an easy escape pre level 6. Ganking him early is very doable.

G.ZZZ

Ember get outlaned by almost anything ranged mid. If you play him as farmer, he has the problem that his shield lvl 1 is crap, and he's a really a creep until level 3 where his shield survive a single nuke. His shitty armor make also hard for him to cs against ranged champions, and in general he's good at level 6-10, then need way too much farm to do anything as his lategame is pretty much a gimmick like Kunkka.
Yeah it's easy to get kills against ppl that don't know how to play against him, but really, his shield duration is short early on and it's on a long cd, just stay back when he cast it and you're fine.

If he had 3 or so agi growth, he could maybe focus more on mobility items and get bkb and fight with that + shield, using his ulti and sleight to avoid most physical damage. Going bfury build is shitty because he just get jumped once and he die, and with 6 sec cd on sleight it just mean you wait for one to finish then jump him as he's a creep.

Finally i hate that his spirit is slow as he is, meaning you can't escape slows with it. 100 ms spirits are so ugly lol.

mrmisterwaa

Neo Member
Ember get outlaned by almost anything ranged mid. If you play him as farmer, he has the problem that his shield lvl 1 is crap, and he's a really a creep until level 3 where his shield survive a single nuke. His shitty armor make also hard for him to cs against ranged champions, and in general he's good at level 6-10, then need way too much farm to do anything as his lategame is pretty much a gimmick like Kunkka.
Yeah it's easy to get kills against ppl that don't know how to play against him, but really, his shield duration is short early on and it's on a long cd, just stay back when he cast it and you're fine.

If he had 3 or so agi growth, he could maybe focus more on mobility items and get bkb and fight with that + shield, using his ulti and sleight to avoid most physical damage. Going bfury build is shitty because he just get jumped once and he die, and with 6 sec cd on sleight it just mean you wait for one to finish then jump him as he's a creep.

Finally i hate that his spirit is slow as he is, meaning you can't escape slows with it. 100 ms spirits are so ugly lol.

It depends on how you decide to play him (or at least who you are up against). When I was playing Mid against the TA, he was getting devoured I went shield first - maxed out Fist 2nd with a point in Chain and he had a very difficult time harassing me when I could just walk up to him and he would melt.

I would consider him a semi-carry but his ability to harass is just crazy. He does a great job but I would put him around where Kunkka is. His ability to harass is great, he has great teamfight potential but he just needs items. Going Crit on him is a must otherwise you do not benefit from the Fist's damage.

shira

ibKRhlZrZs8by.jpg

??

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
When are you going to release your first album, procarbine?

docbon

Also guys have mercy but i don't really understand much of what you say in mumble, it's hard for me to understand italian already, 10 americans in a voice chat talking together is impossible lol

I think I'll hop on mumble during the next set of inhouse games
just to hear 1.09 call me garbage in high fidelity.

So apparently Slardar's mace got a minor texture update?

Who would have even noticed that...
Unless you spend oodles of time staring at his stock weapon on the loadout screen, no other situation in game would you be close enough to notice...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Saw this on reddit, you can apparently get a custom mouse pad for $.99 shipped though some artcow site. Even ships to Europe for $.99. More info here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1rx10a/get_your_own_custom_dota2_mouse_pad_for_only_099/

I got one with this Rubick here, hope it will look nice once printed, some guy's Veno one looked like it had a major shift to blue:
Rubick-the-Grand-Magus-300x191.jpg

http://dotahdwallpaper.com/rubick-the-grand-magus/rubick-the-grand-magus/

I think someone said the coupon codes have somewhat limited uses, so if the guy's code doesn't work, this one should for a while:
Z099PLAYKJHXC

G.ZZZ

Ok guys, now that MyDotaSkill.com has been updated, and i've seen those two points:

- To get a higher score, avoid stacking with worse players for several games before checking.
- If you have extremely low score and you feel you should do better, it's caused by your recent stacking with lower skilled players.

I must say that since getting a meaningless number on this page as high as possible will be my only mission in life now, i won't stack with anyone on gaf except maybe SamVimes and the old HonGaf.

EDIT: Fixed because nazis

This is a joke, anyone is free to come and feed with me

bzm

Ok guys, now that MyDotaSkill.com has been updated, and i've seen those two points:

- To get a higher score, avoid stacking with worse players for several games before checking.
- If you have extremely low score and you feel you should do better, it's caused by your recent stacking with lower skilled players.

I must say that since getting an imaginary number on this page as high as possible will be my only mission in life now, i won't stack with anyone on gaf except maybe SamVimes and the old HonGaf.

This is a joke, anyone is free to come and feed with me
The complex numbers aren't an ordered field you goopa.

Hylian7

I think there's some unwritten rule that if you lose a game with a Meepo on your team, it is his fault, even if it isn't his fault.

I think there's some unwritten rule that if you lose a game with a Meepo on your team, it is his fault, even if it isn't his fault.
I've only ever seen people objecting to a Meepo pick, compared to people objecting to half of the champion pool in League.

Maybe '5th carry in a team of 4 carries' as well but that's obvious.

BeesEight

I just want to say the coaching tools are amazing. Been helping my sister learn the ropes the last couple of matches and it's remarkable how much of an improvement there is with someone able to just spectate and explain things in real time.

That said, I find it hilarious when people feel so proud of beating a team with a coach. You would think the fact there's a coach there would suggest that at least one player isn't amazing.

IceMarker

Seems like GAF is never down to queue when I get online at my normal times...
(Sometimes that's the very early hours of the morning.)

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
support is the best when you rock the early game so hard that you never lose effectiveness.

That's why I love Dark Seer. Afk farm while annoying the shit out of the enemy lane. Then mid-late game you can single handily win team fights.

Jokab

So one thing I notice when I watch pros play on stream is that they always double tap the cour hotkey to go back to base when buying items. This seems odd to me as you don't need base vision to buy anything, just tap the hotkey once and buy items. That way you can keep watching your hero in case something should happen (like if you're mid buying something while staying in xp range).

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
So one thing I notice when I watch pros play on stream is that they always double tap the cour hotkey to go back to base when buying items. This seems odd to me as you don't need base vision to buy anything, just tap the hotkey once and buy items. That way you can keep watching your hero in case something should happen (like if you're mid buying something while staying in xp range).

I notice a lot of weird quirks like this when I watch higher skill players play and I don't really get it. Another one I have noticed is people dragging and dropping items onto the quick buy area instead of just shift clicking, or dragging and dropping an item onto a shopkeeper to sell instead of right clicking and selling from the context menu. I guess it's just habits people get into. Like Purge using legacy hotkeys, that baffles me, but I didn't play WC3 Dota, so I was spared having to learn them in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom