• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell was Sniper ever picked 5 times? That hero is easily the worst hero in the game and only succeeds in pubs.

Drow is worse honestly.

edit: Here's my most recent shit tier list:

1. Drow
2. Sniper
3. Bloodseeker
4. Tusk
5. Ogre Magi
6. Treant
7. Meepo
8. Omniknight
9. Morphling
10. Witch Doctor

And Phantom Lancer pretty close by.

dmshaposv

Drow is worse honestly.

1. Drow
2. Sniper
3. Bloodseeker
4. Tusk
5. Ogre Magi
6. Treant
7. Meepo
8. Omniknight
9. Morphling
10. Witch Doctor

ctrl + F, Zeus not found.

Seriously a fed Zeus is the worst shit ever. By the time you can even get to a hood of Defiance or BKB, you've died a thousand times by his shitty global ulti/refresher combo because u played a squishy support hero and ur mid fed.

ctrl + F, Zeus not found.

Seriously a fed Zeus is the worst shit ever. By the time you can even get to a hood of Defiance or BKB, you've died a thousand times by his shitty global ulti/refresher combo because u played a squishy support hero and ur mid fed.

Yeah, Zeus is pretty trashy but can get annoying fast. I haven't faced one in weeks however. Hardly anybody ever picks him in my bracket honestly.

Kreunt

Banned
Drow is worse honestly.

1. Drow
2. Sniper
3. Bloodseeker
4. Tusk
5. Ogre Magi
6. Treant
7. Meepo
8. Omniknight
9. Morphling
10. Witch Doctor

except ogre is best support in the game.

Sibylus

Banned
Drow is worse honestly.

1. Drow
2. Sniper
3. Bloodseeker
4. Tusk
5. Ogre Magi
6. Treant
7. Meepo
8. Omniknight
9. Morphling
10. Witch Doctor

I agree with Drow, Tusk, Meepo, and Morphling. Every other one is stupid-potent in its niche.

I agree with Drow, Tusk, Meepo, and Morphling. Every other one is stupid-potent in its niche.

Bloodseeker sucks unless he's up against Anti Mage or Weaver, Sniper sucks, Magi sucks, Treant has been gimped pretty badly in 6.79, Omniknight has no lane presence and gets rekt by Diffusals which most pubbies won't bother to buy hence his good pub winrate, Witch Doctor sux because he's unreliable as fuck.

My list is correct.

Sibylus

Banned
Rebuttal: Bloodseeker wrecks heroes with potent slows and silences now that his dispels the target. Headshot is bullshit from level 1, on top of Sniper's insane range. Magi has potent magic damage and can be fit into numerous lineups (a Lone Druid lineup, most prominently). Treant's midgame is still quite fearsome. Omni lives or dies depending on the quality of his GAs (like always), when good he ends games. Witch Doctor ditto with good Cask and Death Ward, the latter of which goes through BKB.

All of the above have at least one aspect to their balance that can completely blow a game wide open. Drow, Tusk, Meepo, and Morphling on the other hand, have calamitous downside balanced against really tenuous gain. No reward is high enough for all that weakness.

SamVimes

Rebuttal: Bloodseeker wrecks heroes with potent slows and silences now that his dispels the target. Headshot is bullshit from level 1, on top of Sniper's insane range. Magi has potent magic damage and can be fit into numerous lineups (a Lone Druid lineup, most prominently). Treant's midgame is still quite fearsome. Omni lives or dies depending on the quality of his GAs (like always), when good he ends games. Witch Doctor ditto with good Cask and Death Ward, the latter of which goes through BKB.

All of the above have at least one aspect to their balance that can completely blow a game wide open. Drow, Tusk, Meepo, and Morphling on the other hand, have calamitous downside balanced against really tenuous gain. No reward is high enough for all that weakness.
That's insane: once Morphling gets farm he's one of the best splitpushers in the game, he's unkillable, he can oneshot supports every 30 seconds and has crazy dps in a fight. The hero has his weaknesses (mainly mana is a big issue early on) but to say he doesn't do much is just crazy.

Nymerio

I've recently had some good games when I got Sniper in All Random. In my shit tier bracket people just don't seem to care about him until it's to late. I usually go Aquila + Phase, Shadow Blade, Desolator. Maybe a Yasha before Shadow Blade if I can't skip it. Whenever I see people go treads I cringe, seems such a waste for a hero where positioning and escaping is key.

Sibylus

Banned
That's insane: once Morphling gets farm he's one of the best splitpushers in the game, he's unkillable, he can oneshot supports every 30 seconds and has crazy dps in a fight. The hero has his weaknesses (mainly mana is a big issue early on) but to say he doesn't do much is just crazy.
He was an unkillable behemoth in the heydays of TI2, but he's nowhere near that impactful or flexible anymore. For better cast time, base attack time, and level 4 morph shift rate, the hero still has to contend with a narrower Wave, a Wave you can't attack or cast from, 6 less base damage, and 50% costlier morph shift per second. Add to that all of his natural predators getting better at countering him while he gets little tweaks, and I don't see the remarkable recovery.

Nirvana

I remember when Drow was the most picked hero in Dota. Before that nerf she absolutely crushed with her stupid agi gain. She still crushes laning stage in a lot of circumstances, which can sometimes be enough for her to stomp; although the player has to know how to land that silence.

Drow isn't bad now per se, she's just not easy-mode-crush-everything anymore. I guess the same sort of spot as Morph (though Morph was never really there so much - he's always had a slightly higher skill cap).

No, I probably wouldn't pick her in most cases, but situationally or in RD or something she can be good.

Hylian7

Drow is worse honestly.

1. Drow - forgot about her, agreed
2. Sniper
3. Bloodseeker - yeah, still shit despite the buffs. Being a sports car doesn't help enough.
4. Tusk - not sure what they could do to him to make him viable. I feel like they should buff something to make the risk you run using snowball worth it.
5. Ogre Magi - he's not terrible, Bloodlust is legit
6. Treant - Yeah, tree armor is now only a minor annoyance unlike it used to be
7. Meepo - not so sure I would put him as being worse than Morphling. However the removed non-Agha stat sharing makes you pretty much useless until Agha. I really think if they added that back he would be amazing.
8. Omniknight - diffusal blade, like you mentioned. They tried to buff him with the Agha but nobody buys it on him.
9. Morphling - still a shell of his former TI2 self
10. Witch Doctor - agree, but not sure what they could change to make him viable.

Honorable mention to Lycan, who still contributes nothing to a lane and is easy to gank in the jungle before 6

Also Spirit Breaker. That ult Nerf really hit him hard.

Sibylus

Banned
I remember when Drow was the most picked hero in Dota. Before that nerf she absolutely crushed with her stupid agi gain. She still crushes laning stage in a lot of circumstances, which can sometimes be enough for her to stomp; although the player has to know how to land that silence.
That rework of the rework really was brutal. The hero was going places, maybe even stupidly unbalanced ones, but the all-or-nothing change to Marksmanship handicaps her so fundamentally. If your opponents are the least bit competent and build things like Blink Daggers and Force Staffs, let alone pick any heroes at all that can close a gap, you might as well not have an ult. I honestly feel that on balance she's in a worse state compared to when Marksmanship was a flat Agility bonus.

Zeth

What key do you use for "stop"? I bound it to space when I was first learning and never thought about it until now. Space seems like it might be better for an oh shit item slot or something. Maybe I'll go back to default stop. Thoughts?

Nirvana

That rework of the rework really was brutal. The hero was going places, maybe even stupidly unbalanced ones, but the all-or-nothing change to Marksmanship handicaps her so fundamentally. If your opponents are the least bit competent and build things like Blink Daggers and Force Staffs, let alone pick any heroes at all that can close a gap, you might as well not have an ult. I honestly feel that on balance she's in a worse state compared to when Marksmanship was a flat Agility bonus.

I agree. I think she needs a buff to rebalance her, because she can't carry at all when her ulti is entirely negated by one support standing next to her in the fight. They need to just lower the buff or something simpler, Icefrog's 'clever' nerfs like Nyx's stun and this one sometimes seem to hurt heroes far too much for them to be viable.

Possibly change her ult to a stacking agi gain from kills or attacks like Pudge or Slark's passives, do something different here because at the moment she is useless unless she gets 50 kills in lane and even then she will still get outcarried by a real carry.

What key do you use for "stop"? I bound it to space when I was first learning and never thought about it until now. Space seems like it might be better for an oh shit item slot or something. Maybe I'll go back to default stop. Thoughts?

S is the default for stop, funnily enough! I just use space for levelling up, perhaps I should use it for an item instead, since most people seem to and it makes total sense. TLDR I'm an idiot.

sephi22

Isn't Drow basically a wombo-combo hero with Visage now?
A 2-3 position drow going full DPS build will just melt towers with VIsage birds, no?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I switched my S key to hold position since I find that more useful than stop.

G.ZZZ

Now we can tell who's worse or better than Tobi!

Also hilarious that several gaffers have higher rating than Synderen.

Lmao how can you have a 300 higher than me rating, I call bullshit, stop stacking with Russians and play more with nobs like me :(

dmshaposv

I'd place many other heroes, but last two games I had to face a fed Zeus and he was the most annoying thing ever.

Played a game a while ago with him in our team, kept racking up kills away from everyone with his global ulti and then when it came to late game, he got absolutely crushed by the 5 guy carry team.

Can't say I hate him more on the enemy team or ours. Either way, he is so cheap.

Whenever someone chooses a Slark, I think of how a spot is wasted on team. Slark will always feed, can never carry a team late game. He isnt even a good ganker.

SamVimes

Lmao how can you have a 300 higher than me rating, I call bullshit, stop stacking with Russians and play more with nobs like me :(
You're just mad because you're worse than Tobi.

Also unless it counts tmm games i'm almost playing every single game with you copper tier scumbag.

Only 11,800 people ahead of me in the queue, no problem.

I actually had it go through the other day, but it said the metric and everything changed, so had to resubmit. Haven't played many games recently, but aside from Diretide, I've won quite a high percentage of my latest matches.

Only 11,800 people ahead of me in the queue, no problem.

I actually had it go through the other day, but it said the metric and everything changed, so had to resubmit. Haven't played many games recently, but aside from Diretide, I've won quite a high percentage of my latest matches.

You'll be waiting many hours. I had a similar queue number after it reset and here I still am nearly 12 hours later still waiting on it. If it resets every 24 hours...

Apparently it weighs who you queue with a lot since he straight up tells you to use that to increase your score. So much so that he lists it twice.

- To get a higher score, avoid stacking with worse players for several games before checking.

- If you have extremely low score and you feel you should do better, it's caused by your recent stacking with lower skilled players.

So just go get in a stack with some good players, who cares about wins.

I still think the thing is a joke, and have no clue why so many people are paying it any attention. Last I checked he still hasn't said how any of this is actually being calculated (something something machine learning bullshit) so he might as well just be pulling numbers out of a hat.

Admiral bulldog is at 1350.

wat

So I was going to say that hey it might actually be accurate there, as I bet he's not as good as the rest of Alliance as he only plays a few heroes.

But then there was this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1rnt1z/looks_like_the_new_skill_measuring_service_is_up/cdp7uyn said:
Also, it compares each hero individually so it isn't like if you play carries you will get better score. Your Lifestealer performance is compared to the performance of other lifestealer players, your crystal maiden to other crystal maidens etc.

So you really think his Lone Druid performance is that much worse than all the other Lone Druid's? Of course not. He probably played a few games with Sheever or something. What a great rating.

SamVimes

How much is Sheever at?
533, but apparently they played together only 3 times in the last month.
So I was going to say that hey it might actually be accurate there, as I bet he's not as good as the rest of Alliance as he only plays a few heroes.

But then there was this:

So you really think his Lone Druid performance is that much worse than all the other Lone Druid's? Of course not. He probably played a few games with Sheever or something. What a great rating.
It doesn't seem like he's playing a lot of LD in pubs lately.

edit:s4 is pretty low too, 1380

edit2:it counts only the 20 latest games so yeah, not that great.

Nirvana

What is with this queue? I'm number 14600. I think I'll be waiting a while for my 'entirely subjective score'. Should be worth the wait!

BigAT

How bad does a skill rating site need to be until people decide to ignore it? It's stunning to me that people are desperate enough to hang onto this piece of junk for so long. I'm pretty sure I could put up a random number generator and everyone would spend a month using it.

How bad does a skill rating site need to be until people decide to ignore it? It's stunning to me that people are desperate enough to hang onto this piece of junk for so long. I'm pretty sure I could put up a random number generator and everyone would spend a month using it.

People are extremely desperate for a ladder, that much is sure. I wish Valve provided some sort of progress, ladder, Elo, MMR, whatever..

SamVimes

That's not the point, i want a good rating system that shows only my rating to keep track of my progress, this DSR is pretty bad so i don't even give a shit that every rating is public.

fiore

Banned
Drow is worse honestly.

1. Drow
2. Sniper
3. Bloodseeker
4. Tusk
5. Ogre Magi
6. Treant
7. Meepo
8. Omniknight
9. Morphling
10. Witch Doctor

If only players prioritized ice arrow and silence rather than aura

I'm of the mindset every match should be a self contained entity and have no effect on past or future games or my profile at all. Attaching a number puts pressure on people to always do their absolute best and it might discourage innovation or jokey for-fun games where people pick support meepo or something. I like the freedom to play a game with an experiment or new build and then go and play a more serious game afterwards with neither having any long term effect.

SamVimes

I'm of the mindset every match should be a self contained entity and have no effect on past or future games or my profile at all. Attaching a number puts pressure on people to always do their absolute best and it might discourage innovation or jokey for-fun games where people pick support meepo or something. I like the freedom to play a game with an experiment or new build and then go and play a more serious game afterwards with neither having any long term effect.

But there's already an hidden rating, we just dont't know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom