• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess they changed something with their formula because it was like that before, when in doubt throw more random functions in there.

are you implying valve has a perfect system

you can't take two players with 1900 and 1888 and say which one is actually better, but from what i'm seeing, with around ~500 difference, you can tell one player is better. it's a big margin, but it's better than what we have right now -- exactly nothing. not even the brackets show up anymore

as for sheever vs arteezy, doesn't sheever stack with bulldog often? that would boost her mmr by winning against people on his level. pretty sure valve's mm used to do that last we knew, and it probably still does. hence some people being carried out of the trench. also, rtz plays a lot in those shitty leagues instead of regular matchmaking, and if this thing is using the latest matches as indication, that could be another reason for it being higher at one point

i mean, you could argue against valve doing things half assed too (the old ban system, the guild system, the channels which still lack features from 1998... to name a few). but they eventually iterate and improve on it (sometimes). what's so different here? why can't this guy improve this rating gradually

tl;dr
community: give number or report
valve: no number for you
community: we number now

Razzer

are you implying valve has a perfect system

you can't take two players with 1900 and 1888 and say which one is actually better, but from what i'm seeing, with around ~500 difference, you can tell one player is better. it's a big margin, but it's better than what we have right now -- exactly nothing. not even the brackets show up anymore

as for sheever vs arteezy, doesn't sheever stack with bulldog often? that would boost her mmr by winning against people on his level. pretty sure valve's mm used to do that last we knew, and it probably still does. hence some people being carried out of the trench. also, rtz plays a lot in those shitty leagues instead of regular matchmaking, and if this thing is using the latest matches as indication, that could be another reason for it being higher at one point

i mean, you could argue against valve doing things half assed too (the old ban system, the guild system, the channels which still lack features from 1998... to name a few). but they eventually iterate and improve on it (sometimes). what's so different here? why can't this guy improve this rating gradually

tl;dr
community: give number or report
valve: no number for you
community: we number now

Whilst the points you raise are valid, this is all kinds of assuming the worst. You can't take a simple opinion on some site and suddenly turn it into 'you must sucks valve's dick oh my gawd'

i never said or implied anything of the sort. don't try to twist my post to fit your agenda

he can speak for himself and explain his attitude if he wants to. nothing i posted was offensive

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Just played an abominable match where Lina ended the game with 1 item. Aghanim's. Nothing else.

Should sum up the match pretty well.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Also I should be clear it wasn't a "we're losing, sell my shit to get an ult upgrade and nuke people" move. It was a no other items, no brown boots, no regen, pure Aghs rush.

This game I played last night was nuts

We were being stomped, they had like 3 times the kills we did and the gold graph was way in their favor.

And then we started winning team fights. Over and over. And the graph shifted back. And a game we thought was over at 20 minutes with a stomp ended up being an hour long game where we came back and won in the end.

Razzer

i never said or implied anything of the sort. don't try to twist my post to fit your agenda

he can speak for himself and explain his attitude if he wants to. nothing i posted was offensive

You started the post by making a pseudo accusation that he thought Valve's system was perfect, despite him never mentioning them at all. This immediately gives off the impression that you think he is defending them over something for some reason. What you think he is defending them over becomes clear when you talk about how you think that there should be a ranking system with public info (I agree with you, incidentally, but that isn't the point.) So for some reason you want him to explain why Valve should not have said public system. And this is where your real intent becomes obvious. Matt is still seen by some as a spokesman for Valve despite the fact that he is nothing of the sort so you want him to explain in place of them. Maybe before accusing me of twisting words you should look at your own post. Yes he can defend himself, doesn't mean I can't call you out on this.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
6.79b, custom games support (with sample holdout mode made entirely out of the custom games tools to show how easy it is), Legion Commander, Phoenix, Winter Wyvern, and over 100 new cosmetics.
6.79b is actually already out, it was just bug fixes though.

i'm not wasting my time having a meta discussion bs because you want to white knight for someone. pm a mod if you think i've done anything wrong. i really don't care

feel free to criticize any of the points in my post if you want. this particular discussion ends here however

Razzer

i'm not wasting my time having a meta discussion bs because you want to white knight for someone. pm a mod if you think i've done anything wrong. i really don't care

feel free to criticize any of the points in my post if you want. this particular discussion ends here however

I don't think you have done anything worthy of getting a mod, just being a little rude. And if you don't wanna talk about it fine let's end it here.

shira

Update is out!

New tickets...
http://tf2b.com/updates/dota

That seems to be it

monarch_weapon_large.bdc7c69e082ae0f8fe2f814ff605b0eb649bb79f.png

why?

NBtoaster

Been enjoying Omniknight lately. His laning phase isn't that awkward, even though he's a melee support with mana issues. You can still harass fine, and people really don't like the degen aura on them even if you're no threat. Worst case would be against two ranged, but that's why I wait until the time is almost up before picking heroes :p

I know good items are like mek, vlads, blink but the games have gone so well I've been able to get Skaadi or Shivas quickly after mek.

shira

Where is this bow everyone is posting? I want it for my cat set.
http://www.wetanz.com/butterfly/
Been enjoying Omniknight lately. His laning phase isn't that awkward, even though he's a melee support with mana issues. You can still harass fine, and people really don't like the degen aura on them even if you're no threat. Worst case would be against two ranged, but that's why I wait until the time is almost up before picking heroes :p

I know good items are like mek, vlads, blink but the games have gone so well I've been able to get Skaadi or Shivas quickly after mek.
Nobody has made orchid or diffusal ?

Nother navi brisslebek

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
I went to go get a blanket when the game had just started and with only 30 seconds on the clock i somehow missed 6 kills. What.

Is there still supposed to be a D2L ticket item/set? Any details?
ITEM BUNDLE UPDATE:
Heya guys, I know it's been a long time coming, but I finally have some hard details to share with you about the promised items which will be received by our ticket holders.
Following the conclusion of our Bubble Race Playoffs -- most likely by this coming weekend -- we'll be launching a special website specifically for our Season 4 finals. The launch of that website will coincide with our announcement of the items to be received by all ticket holders -- HINT, it's a weapons set -- as well as their receipt by ticket holders as they're patched into the game.
There were a number of delays in us getting the items we had planned into the game on the timetable we had hoped, and we're hoping to make up for that by offering these brand, spanking new items to ticket holders instead of that which we had originally planned.
These and other details will be fully fleshed out in a larger announcement in days to come.
We also apologize profusely for what many saw as a lack of communication, and any and all upset from which that stemmed. The simple truth is that it has been an ongoing process with Valve and our item creators to make sure we not only made up for lost time, but delivered items which would ensure our ticket holders were well compensate for the delay, and received things which made them feel confident that their financial support of the D2L has been worthwhile in Season 4.
Thank you all so very much for your patience -- we hope what we have in store not just regarding our items, but regarding our Season 4 finals pageantry will make the wait worthwhile.
Now, we just hope you enjoy a PACKED day of Dota with us today <3

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1rzzai/hyperx_d2l_western_and_eastern_playoff_bubble/cdskyzj

G.ZZZ

I can't have a fucking lower rating that damned SamVimes and here are the proof, i won against merlini stack!

http://dotabuff.com/matches/43404585

And against beesa stack! And against Smegma Wisp-Troll stack! Against Azen too! The infamous 3DMAX stack!

I'm getting too old for this game :cry:

This is it, i'm gonna go and train in the mountains.

#lowerthantobi #wannakillhimself

EDIT: lmao i never noticed it but the korean guy i played with was Tenbird, mr "i play only Crystal Maiden" that play for Startale now. The twists of fate.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So a little late on this; but when did Windrunner become Windranger and why?

About a week ago, the why is because Windrunner is the last name of a WC3 character (One who will likely be in HotS)

No clue why they renamed Necrolyte, maybe they wanted to just give him the same name in all regions, I don't know.

Randdalf

This game I played last night was nuts

We were being stomped, they had like 3 times the kills we did and the gold graph was way in their favor.

And then we started winning team fights. Over and over. And the graph shifted back. And a game we thought was over at 20 minutes with a stomp ended up being an hour long game where we came back and won in the end.

I had a similar game last night, we were getting absolutely roflstomped for the first 15 mins, but Venomancer is insanely good at base defense, so we stopped them from getting mega creeps (although they slowly whittled away the health of our raxes) whilst Lone Druid and I (Clinkz) farmed. I think it was key that we both built midas, which let us lessen the gold deficit. We slowly began winning team fights and eventually we team wiped them whilst they had no buybacks, our base was a crumbling wreck, but we went mid and straight for the ancient - winning the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom