• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasane

Na'vi losing against fnatic.

Dendi feeding

Xboct being a 4

puppey feeding

wat

6.79b, custom games support (with sample holdout mode made entirely out of the custom games tools to show how easy it is), Legion Commander, Phoenix, Winter Wyvern, and over 100 new cosmetics.

lel

KingKong

so is NaVi out of this tournament now? or is there a lower bracket? the joindota bracket makes no sense, only the top part of it is filled out

so is NaVi out of this tournament now? or is there a lower bracket? the joindota bracket makes no sense, only the top part of it is filled out

There's no lower bracket, the seeding is from the group stages

4th played 5th (Fnatic vs Virtus Pro)
Winner played 3rd (Na'vi)
Winner plays 2nd (Team Liquid)
Winner goes to Vegas with 1st (Alliance)

I just went mid as a Wind Runner against a Phantom Lancer. They had a Kunnka and Venomancer on their team. Pretty sure that speaks volumes about the mmr I guess I'm currently in.

youre slacking shira

dota_2_by_inkinesss-d6wju85.jpg

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I just went mid as a Wind Runner against a Phantom Lancer. They had a Kunnka and Venomancer on their team. Pretty sure that speaks volumes about the mmr I guess I'm currently in.
This kind of thing happens to me constantly and it annoys the hell out of me. It's too bad there isn't some kind of pop quiz you need to fill out in order to get an MMR in this game. It's staggering how many people I get joined up as someone with nearly 500 games played that have no clue about basic crap like how to lane and basic roles on a team.

Razzer

I just played a game where some guy had the weirdest opinions.

'Hey Jakiro could you stop pushing the lane please :)'

'Why wouldn't you push?'

'Because of lane control and stuff'

'Pushing is how you lane control'

'I won't go on but maybe after this you should look up some vids on how to lane control'

'Fuck off with your this is Dota 2 not Dota 1 bullshit'

I mean what? Where did he get that from? And it's sad that someone can be that genuine about such a bad practice. Like where do you even learn that?

shira

'Why wouldn't you push?'

'I won't go on but maybe after this you should look up some vids on how to lane control'

I mean what? Where did he get that from? And it's sad that someone can be that genuine about such a bad practice. Like where do you even learn that?
In garbage tier you might as well push. The game will end faster either way

sephi22

'Why wouldn't you push?'

I almost don't want to leave the trench. Some of these guys are so fascinating.
Dagon first Bounty Hunters. Players who call mid but who then stand at the T1 tower when the creeps spawn instead of blocking them. People who stack once and then push the lanes without understanding why that's bad. People who auto attack the creeps instead of last hitting.

One game I was a safe lane support and went to ward the rune spots at 0:0. Then reached my lane and saw a sniper just standing there (the creeps had just spawned). I started attacking him and suddenly this Lanaya gets out of meld and starts attacking me too. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Then when I back off behind me T1 tower. Sniper just goes back to where he was and Lanaya sits back in Meld. I don't even.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
One game I was a safe lane support and went to ward the rune spots at 0:0. Then reached my lane and saw a sniper just standing there (the creeps had just spawned). I started attacking him and suddenly this Lanaya gets out of meld and starts attacking me too. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Then when I back off behind me T1 tower. Sniper just goes back to where he was and Lanaya sits back in Meld. I don't even.
Sounds like you have been zoned!

Dahbomb

I almost don't want to leave the trench. Some of these guys are so fascinating.
Dagon first Bounty Hunters. Players who call mid but who then stand at the T1 tower when the creeps spawn instead of blocking them. People who stack once and then push the lanes without understanding why that's bad. People who auto attack the creeps instead of last hitting.

I don't know how you can handle playing support in trenches. When I first got DOTA 2 I tried playing supports but it was a miserable experience. I then defaulted to playing carries/mid heroes to get myself out of the trench asap. Now I can play support if I want to even if I am not even good at it, at least I know someone on my team can actually use my support and not put it to waste.

A 4 carry team in trenches has about the same chance as a 1-2 support team. In fact bad support players just end up feeding a lot at lower levels.

sephi22

I don't know how you can handle playing support in trenches. When I first got DOTA 2 I tried playing supports but it was a miserable experience. I then defaulted to playing carries/mid heroes to get myself out of the trench asap. Now I can play support if I want to even if I am not even good at it, at least I know someone on my team can actually use my support and not put it to waste.

A 4 carry team in trenches has about the same chance as a 1-2 support team. In fact bad support players just end up feeding a lot at lower levels.
In that particular game I was supporting a friend who was a carry ( I was mentoring him). This particular game was on my smurf account (if you can call it that). I almost always picked mid on that account to practice and usually went ham. But this particular game was an exception.

I'm 50-50 on supports vs carries on my main. If I'm with friends, I support (most of them suck on sup). I almost never pick supports in solo queue.

When I do, I take offensive supports like Witch Doctor or Shaman. If I don't do it, no one will.
It'll be another game where I'm dominating mid in CS but can't get kills coz there's no courier to fly my bottle to me.

Instead I just support, buy wards and courier, call the shots in text or voice chat, herd my team to do make some intelligent decisions, and pray to the trench gods that no one feeds.

kasane

I immediately thought of the same match. A-god is unstoppable.

His item choice still irks me though. Called have snowballed hard with blood stone

Edit: Also most disgusting match in a while

Prohpet doto

Refreshing Shadow shaman doto

Brood mother doto

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is that a farming wind ranger with support alchemist? I hope dk don't roll over to fast, I want to see that play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom