• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeesEight

Gotta agree with the Pugna in the last screenshot there (but also including him.)

Skadi + Vanguard Brew, no Aghs (when he clearly had the farm for it since he picked up a fucking Skadi.)

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the old Brewmaster build (blink -> Aghs). Granted, I haven't played him a lot in the new patch, but the few games I had I found my ultimate lacking that old punch. The issue I see with the hero is that his ultimate was always mid-game focus. The previous aghanim's buffing the brewlings gave you a bit more time where it was effective, so rushing into an aghanim's was alright since you could recoup that loss of time it took to farm the aghanim's.

But now, I find the brewlings are just too easy to focus down even earlier in the game. If you focus just on blink and aghanim's, even pulling off a successful initiation doesn't mean you'll destroy the fight and when you don't have your ultimate you are just a useless, drunk red panda.

Still, I wouldn't go Skadi and Vanguard either but I do prefer him in a more farming secondary carry role. He's still a great aura carrier and if you build for damage, you make yourself a larger priority target in teamfights (thus necessitating the enemy team focus you without having to grab the blink dagger). Drunken Haze is a hilariously effective anti-carry tool, Drunken Brawler gives you a bit of a steroid and when you end up in serious trouble, you can split to extend your influence during teamfights and often clean up low health targets.

That said, the Radiant team is hilariously low on good disables which is always a big contender for why teams lose.

Sadly solo queue for me has been more successful than playing with friends lately..

No kidding, same for me too. It's nigh impossible to have 3 or 4 real life friends of equal skill. Valve's matchmaking usually matches me with players significantly better than my RL friends.

ViviOggi

Am I crazy or did the DSR top 20 go down from around 1900 to 1750 within a few hours? Meanwhile mine's randomly climbed to 1529.

Such a terrible site and yet I keep checking...

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
At least if I have a friend with me I can understand them. A good 2/3 of my games recently involve being on a team that couldn't communicate with each other because we spoke three different languages.

BigAT

Hey guys, I just finished up months of work and I'm finally ready to announce my own Dota skill analyzer. It uses a proprietary formula that takes advanced Dota metrics and measures them against the entirety of the community in order to provide an accurate representation of the same rating that Valve uses to coordinate matchmaking. The site automatically detects your Steam account name and provides the ELO rating for your main account. I would appreciate it if you guys would check it out and provide feedback as I fine tune things. Thanks.

www.TrueDotaELO.com

Stay off of MyDotaSkill idiots.

ViviOggi

Hey guys, I just finished up months of work and I'm finally ready to announce my own Dota skill analyzer. It uses a proprietary formula that takes advanced Dota metrics and measures them against the entirety of the community in order to provide an accurate representation of the same rating that Valve uses to coordinate matchmaking. The site automatically detects your Steam account name and provides the ELO rating for your main account. I would appreciate it if you guys would check it out and provide feedback as I fine tune things. Thanks.

www.TrueDotaELO.com

Would you say your rating is more or less subjective than DSR?

Hard carries are kinda boring aren't they? Farm the whole game then just right click your way to victory, or at least that's how it's been with carries I've used like Phantom Assassin, Luna, and Drow Ranger. I was obsessed with Drow when I started playing but I now find it tons more fun to use characters with disables you have to learn to use effectively, like Mirana's Sacred Arrow and Windranger's Shackleshot. It's so satisfying to get a kill after landing a flawless shackle or clocking an enemy hero with an arrow while they're trying to escape <3

fiore

Banned
Hard carries are kinda boring aren't they? Farm the whole game then just right click your way to victory, or at least that's how it's been with carries I've used like Phantom Assassin, Luna, and Drow Ranger. I was obsessed with Drow when I started playing but I now find it tons more fun to use characters with disables you have to learn to use effectively, like Mirana's Sacred Arrow and Windranger's Shackleshot. It's so satisfying to get a kill after landing a flawless shackle or clocking an enemy hero with an arrow while they're trying to escape <3

Hard carry role is not as easy as you think. Once mid game hits, you will have to check your mini map for oncoming ganks. If your team feeds, you may have to participate earlier than usual to help. You will have to push to farm while not dying.

As for Drow, I tend to think she is more mid game hero than late game carry, but she can definitely transition to late game also. She just has more mid game potential than lets say, anti mage

Low Tier
I forgot how much I love solo queue. Got inspired to do one this morning.

"1v1 me pudge? i'm pro ixdl-o and nadota invitational"

G.ZZZ

"We acknowledge that our old system had nothing to do with reality. In order to continue getting massive traffic, we have reworked the system to have even less to do with reality. Note that your old score isn't relevant anymore (not that it ever was) so please visit our site again because we want more hits. If you don't like your rating please blame it on your friends. Check back daily because we like hits"

Random quote for thruth.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
What are some of the worst (or I guess best) throws in pro Dota 2 history? I want to watch the fail.

Phandy

noTail is streaming and he started a match against Rox.Kis, but he forgot to turn the stream off.
Its hilarious everyone is spamming SHHH so noTail doesn't notice.

Its cool listening to them talk about the drafts n stuff though.

Edit - he just found out :( :( :(

Sanjay

Am I crazy or did the DSR top 20 go down from around 1900 to 1750 within a few hours? Meanwhile mine's randomly climbed to 1529.

Such a terrible site and yet I keep checking...

They need top stop updating, they're making me a worse player.
jbuylFWOaB3r0A.png

Also Eurocleave in BF4

Shadowplay is the best, 1080p looks great.

Recording great moments in Dota in-house games just became so much easier now, I really regret not having Shadow play on when Anbokr was roleplaying Anti-Mage.

I have a contract with Valve because of my TF2 contributions

Guess I can never play Fat Prin... oh wait, nope, I'm fine, carry on.

What sort of genius thought this was a good idea and would have a positive outcome on the company?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom