• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drow, kinda like Riki or Clinkz, getting huge seems to depend almost entirely on how the other team reacts. Not buying trueight, not having a Spirit Breaker, Bounty Hunter, Nature's Prophet or Specter to punish solo split-pushing, not focusing her down or closing the gap to cancel her ult in a fight. If no one on the other team buys vision, players roam solo, you basically start to snowball once you have a Shadow Blade. That really only happens in the tranches solo queue and Low Priority.

I have a friend in LowPro, I watched one of those matches, 5 carries vs 5 carries with no vision. Drow just roamed once she had SB and murdered every solo hero. They didn't buy wards, they didn't buy sentries, they didn't buy dust, they didn't have heroes that could jump a solo roaming hero, they didn't push or fight as five. Even tho they kept getting ganked they would solo farm and push. "Drow OP"

Is there a way to not lose as drow vs pudge mid?

Positioning. Pay attention to the creep wave equilibrium and don't get yourself in a situation where you can get hooked.

Ideally you don't mid against a Pudge, you go safelane.

Hung_real

What are the various rankings/tiers split at?

2NMFLGG.png
h5IuSDl.png

Above 1000 = Jadeite

Above 1600 = Mithril

I think

Wok

Official SteamRep Middleman steals a $2600 Platinum Baby Roshan

I think Valve seriously needs a method for these high rolling trades. Stuff like this is bound to happen.

There is more info.

This is a bizarre case, but what we have put together so far: An obvious scammer alt (1 month on Steam) had a Platinum Baby Roshan by shady means he was selling for Western Union and decided to use a middleman. Petey seems to have taken it upon himself to scam what he believed to be a scammer for his own profit, probably suspecting that the scammer's word would be ignored over his reputation. After some weird fits/starts on the transaction, Petey apparently took the Roshan and put it into another alternate account of his. I'm unsure where it ended-up. SteamRep and D2T received a scam report against Petey from a profile that has become trade banned now, who sounds like he might be an alt of the original seller. I'm uncertain why all parties involved seem to be shady (nor how many of them were working together), but it's definitely making the problem more confusing.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Nothing makes me moist like a little digital goods trade scamming. The only way this story could get any better is if it turns out the scammee was banging the scammer's lady on the side.

Wok

This website is a joke.

If you haven't played 20 games on the 6.79 patch - your score will be extremely low as the algorithm was trained on the newest patch data.

Ah, okay, so this is supposed to explain why I am level 549 and my friend is level 829 with no match with the current patch and lots of feeding.

DSR rating can now predict the winning team with 65% chance of success

I am sure this is a joke. They must be doing something wrong like predicting on the training data. Or they are training a neural network, or they have no idea what cross-validation means.

Zeth

Oh I don't have 20 6.79 games yet. Gotta get back to MM instead of spectating. Went from 1150 to 580. Anyway this thing is dumb. Am I doing it right? :p

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management

If I'm in the 95th percentile I can't even imagine the players below that. They mostly activate items by drooling on their keyboards.

Fuck... sorry Paul.

in other possibly 'its happening' news

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1s47ht/dota_2_trending_at_2_in_current_korean_search/

On www.naver.com, a popular Korean website (kind of like Yahoo), Dota 2 is currently the 2nd most searched-for term after "LoL Check/Maintenance."

LoL is currently undergoing a maintenance to fix some issues and all Korean players are unable to play. This has led to a surge in netizens commenting things like, "I'm tired of these LoL maintenances," "Let's play Dota 2 instead," "Looks like I'll be playing Dota 2 until maintenance is over."

Just noticed it and thought it'd be interesting to share. Maybe it will actually lead to some legitimate surge in popularity in Korea [for Dota2].

1 source of many (Korean article): http://xportsnews.hankyung.com/?ac=article_view&entry_id=395995

EDIT: Lots of people on Korean social networks saying articles sound forced and fake and that Nexon probably paid for them to be written.

Satch

Banned
lol i cant even use my mic because somebody has to make a comment about how girls dont play games and i must just be a gay guy with a girl voice and then proceed to say homophobic comments the whole game

smh

lol i cant even use my mic because somebody has to make a comment about how girls dont play games and i must just be a gay guy with a girl voice and then proceed to say homophobic comments the whole game

smh

Why not simply mute the assholes and simply continue to use your mic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom