• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
It can easily be made into something actually pretty free. People choose their role, and select one ( or even better, multiple ) team composition(s) ( with ancient/jungle/hardlane/easylane/mid ( say with a support/carry/either variant for each )).
It actually wouldn't stop anyone from choosing a 5 jungle compo ( but enjoy the 2 month wait to find 4 other people who also wish to do that ).

Not saying it would cover every possible thing you would come up with in a 5 man premade in other more 'free' game mods, but it really could be far less restricted than most people seems to think. Even restricted I don't really see how it's bad to have more options, people could very well say "what ? all random ? Forced chaos ? no thanks".
thanks for getting it.

in implementation you can even make the team comp more free by having a captain determine one. or you can let players build the different team comps theyd be willing to play their desired position(s) in and let the MM search it.

for a game with so many different pick modes, i dont see why a mode with more order should be frowned upon

elyetis

thanks for getting it.

in implementation you can even make the team comp more free by having a captain determine one. or you can let players build the different team comps theyd be willing to play their desired position(s) in and let the MM search it.

for a game with so many different pick modes, i dont see why a mode with more order should be frowned upon
Well I already shared this kind of reflexion when it came to surrender in dota 2; seems like it's not the only subject were people don't seems to look further than "it's done in a way I don't like in some other game so it shouldn't be done at all in dota 2". It's kind of sad because there is so much to win from not focusing on how something is 'bad', but how with some work it could actually lead to something really good.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Random patch? Any patch notes anywhere?

2nh9Y6i.gif

JustinBB7

I miss the Wednesdays, rapidly refreshing the dev forums waiting for test client updates~

Speaking of which, why do we still have test client..

shira

Have fun, REALLY awesome movie.
watch ASAP
Damn, when
Clooney
shows up I was like WTF is this Carebear bullshit, fucking CG bullshit Armageddon, bullshit science, waste of $$$/evening, then 10s later I was like fuck me!
EWmof.gif
Cuaron is Beyond Godlike.
p0QHO.gif

I'm pretty fucking picky on Movie-GAF, but this is a legit movie. If you haven't seen it watch it ASAP. Packed house was silent for the whole thing.

Damn, when
Clooney
shows up I was like WTF is this Carebear bullshit, fucking CG bullshit Armageddon, bullshit science, waste of $$$/evening, then 10s later I was like fuck me!
EWmof.gif
Cuaron is Beyond Godlike.
p0QHO.gif

I'm pretty fucking picky on Movie-GAF, but this is a legit movie. If you haven't seen it watch it ASAP. Packed house was silent for the whole thing.

And then you read Neil deGrasse Tyson's tweets and realize the most tense moments are pretty much bullshit and have no basis in actual physics.

Still a good movie though.

They put in a new map which is kind of fun, but I want the old trilane map, which they're going to put in eventually.

Its a fun game but I'm not going to play it enough to be able to unlock more than a few heroes. Artstyle kind of sucks compared to league, its like they went for low detail realism for whatever reason.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Dude the music on the current D2L stream is absolutely ballin'
Why don't they show the names of the songs playing? Damnit I need some way to look this up

Kard8p3

Your stream is awesome. Definitely taking a few pointers from this.

Thanks! It isn't mine, but I will pass it on to the guy who runs it :)

Edit: Trav said if you ever wanted help making stuff(transition,backgrounds,whatever) to send him a message and he will gladly help.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Thanks! It isn't mine, but I will pass it on to the guy who runs it :)

Edit: Trav said if you ever wanted help making stuff(transition,backgrounds,whatever) to send him a message and he will gladly help.
No one in the game I was watching was willing to buy wards for the 10+ minutes period I was watching :/

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, I don't play support too much anymore, still working on the ward buying aspect :X.

Doesn't help I suck with Io :/

With the situation your team is in, I think Trav could have helped with warding, even if you also have a Jakiro on the team. A force staff is nice, but a few key wards would help prevent pick offs.

Kard8p3

With the situation your team is in, I think Trav could have helped with warding, even if you also have a Jakiro on the team. A force staff is nice, but a few key wards would help prevent pick offs.

Yeah, I ended up buying a decent amount when they were in stock, lol.

NBtoaster

Did the servers just break? Had a game where I got disconnected at the 0:00 mark, couldn't reconnect and now I'm stuck on 'finding server' for a new game (the screen that usually takes 2 seconds).

Kard8p3

You know, while normally I would say scepter on Gyro is a bad idea, I actually do think it will help you guys counter initiate.

Yeah, that would have likely been super helpful, but thankful that nightmare is over, and I will not be picking any compositions with heroes several of us don't know again, lol. Next match will be up in 10 or so mins if anyone wants to watch, will definitely be going better than that.

shira

And then you read Neil deGrasse Tyson's tweets and realize the most tense moments are pretty much bullshit and have no basis in actual physics.

Still a good movie though.
I was super skeptical and rolling my eyes up till "that point" - its such a huge release, because afterwards the science didn't matter. The focus becomes all about the determination and motives. Perfectly directed, acted, and scripted.

Playing again GAF, come watch if you'd like! No scrims tonight though.. ;P. My body can't take that!

http://www.twitch.tv/travdood

agree, good stream

Kard8p3

I was super skeptical and rolling my eyes up till "that point" - its such a huge release, because afterwards the science didn't matter. The focus becomes all about the determination and motives. Perfectly directed, acted, and scripted.

agree, good stream

Aw, thanks! We aren't doing great atm, someone put it on captain's draft without the rest of us noticing, haha.

Aw, thanks! We aren't doing great atm, someone put it on captain's draft without the rest of us noticing, haha.

real talk, that Juggernaut announcer is twice as loud as you or your friends. It doesn't help that the announcer pack itself is annoying as all hell. Not sure if the annoucer's volume can be turned down a little at all, but it'd be worth looking into. It's probably 15-20db louder than you.

Kard8p3

real talk, that Juggernaut announcer is twice as loud as you or your friends. It doesn't help that the announcer pack itself is annoying as all hell. Not sure if the annoucer's volume can be turned down a little at all, but it'd be worth looking into. It's probably 15-20db louder than you.

kk, I will let him know, ty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom