• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob1991

Neo Member
Tobi actually thinks that Mirana + Bane is a new combination?
chansub-global-emoticon-c8a77ec0c49976d3-22x30.png

Nymerio

I have a question about Midas: When's the best time to get one? I played Lifestealer for the second time or so today and the guide I used had a midas recommended. So I went to jungle but our top lane didn't do so well, so I got kinda paranoid and got phase first because I thought that'd help more at this point than the midas. But then everything worked out fine, I went midas next and got good farm. The problem I have is that I'm too afraid of getting it because I feel like it's delaying items I could use contribute earlier.

I have a question about Midas: When's the best time to get one? I played Lifestealer for the second time or so today and the guide I used had a midas recommended. So I went to jungle but our top lane didn't do so well, so I got kinda paranoid and got phase first because I thought that'd help more at this point than the midas. But then everything worked out fine, I went midas next and got good farm. The problem I have is that I'm too afraid of getting it because I feel like it's delaying items I could use contribute earlier.
Post 6.79 it doesn't matter when you get it. The other team isn't going to punish you for getting it, they're too busy getting their own.

Zeth

Post 6.79 it doesn't matter when you get it. The other team isn't going to punish you for getting it, they're too busy getting their own.

This is true in the competitive scene at the moment but isn't ~8 minutes the "traditional" timing? After 10 min is usually a bad idea since you won't have any mid-game items for survivability and just a tiny atk speed buff.

Nymerio

This is true in the competitive scene at the moment but isn't ~8 minutes the "traditional" timing? After 10 min is usually a bad idea since you won't have any mid-game items for suitability and just a tiny atk speed buff.

That's kinda what I'm thinking as well. And if the other team is trying get midas going themselves isn't that the time to push to punish them for it?

Wok

Its amazing that a game can make you hate an entire nation of people!

Some Russians are so fun that I can forgive all the other Russian whiners.

I was going to say the same thing. I saw a Midas on Omniknight yesterday.

With Omniknight in your team, I feel like the game will necessarily be in your advantage if the game drags on, so Midas makes sense: it does not alter your early game as a support, and it just makes your mid game stronger, closer to your late game in a sense.

-Snooze-

Banned
How long does it take for you to stop being, for lack of a better word, a 'noob'?
I'm level 90 or so, and still feel like I'm awful at times.

SamVimes

Pubbies think they can go midas on supports because they saw it in pro games. Meanwhile their gold influx is much lower because they suck at rotating and pulling efficiently, the map is constantly dark and the courier gets upgraded way too late.
That said, i get midas on Invoker 99% of the games. Even if i get it "late" it's almost never not worth it.

Jex

When isn't Midas delicious? The answer, clearly, is never because the sound effect that plays when you use is on a creep makes you feel wealthy, like you've just smoked a fine cuban cigar.

Hylian7

Some Russians are so fun that I can forgive all the other Russian whiners.

With Omniknight in your team, I feel like the game will necessarily be in your advantage if the game drags on, so Midas makes sense: it does not alter your early game as a support, and it just makes your mid game stronger, closer to your late game in a sense.

Right, but it was on the other team, and they lost.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/412540343

I set my stones and cleared plenty of space for my own team.

SamVimes

Don't buy useless items. What is omni aghs gonna do against OD and Timber?
If you bought a couple of bkb and/or refresher on Mag it would've been really easy.

Wok

Don't buy useless items. What is omni aghs gonna do against OD?
If you bought a couple of bkb and/or refresher on Mag it would've been really easy.

Yes, basically, this is a big mistake. In fact, I did not know Timber did pure damage. And OD, well, ... a big mistake.

Hmmm. This Dotaskill thing. My primary account is "Platinum" and my second account is "Gold". There's only about 100 points of difference between them. Are these results pretty normal for midtier GAF?

SamVimes

Hmmm. This Dotaskill thing. My primary account is "Platinum" and my second account is "Gold". There's only about 100 points of difference between them. Are these results pretty normal for midtier GAF?

Yeah. g.zzz is below Tobi tier though so you might not want to play with him.

Chris R

Holy crap, didn't realize the break was going to be so fucking long @ RaidCall EMS. Showered, did all of my shopping for food/ect for the week and the game STILL hasn't even started the draft. This shit won't be over before the VGX starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom