• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Poland rocked by storms, thousands dead, millions homeless, livestream offline.

Weaver to blame
Ba5IQ7RIAAAvZDt.jpg

shira

sephi22

Shira's banned?

I know you're reading this thread Shira. I can finally post this GIF in a context where it makes sense.

This is you right now...
iRCNllmh57FYd.gif

GorillaJu

I don't think the game needs ranked matchmaking. I was happy that it was purely about playing the game before. Now it's going to be about numbers.

Razzer

Will it? Or will it turn into a playground where people fuck around and if you ask to play a little seriously you get yelled at to go into ranked.

I hadn't thought of that aspect actually. We will see how it turns out. In any case I think the trade off is worth it to risk that as having a sense of progression I can track is pretty cool. It's not about numbers (at least for me) it's about getting better, which is more easily measured this way.

GorillaJu

I hadn't thought of that aspect actually. We will see how it turns out. In any case I think the trade off is worth it to risk that as having a sense of progression I can track is pretty cool. It's not about numbers (at least for me) it's about getting better, which is more easily measured this way.

You can track your progress without having a number assigned to your skill level, dude. It's also going to fracture the player base - I fear normal matchmaking is going to go barren.

The one benefit is that I think you'll just encounter more players who want to play seriously. But then you're just going to see a shit load of earth spirits, lame ass builds like Necro Furion and people who will do anything to win, often making the game less fun. It'll be cagey with matches turning into farm battles more than blood baths which are way more fun.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
For some reason I couldn't log into neogaf while I was away at dreamhack :(

So many potential forum post counts lost! *shakes fist*

Gonna fix my luna set and get that ready for valve to put on the store this month sometime. The new one looks bawss though.

Razzer

You can track your progress without having a number assigned to your skill level, dude. It's also going to fracture the player base - I fear normal matchmaking is going to go barren.

The one benefit is that I think you'll just encounter more players who want to play seriously. But then you're just going to see a shit load of earth spirits, lame ass builds like Necro Furion and people who will do anything to win, often making the game less fun. It'll be cagey with matches turning into farm battles more than blood baths which are way more fun.

I realize I can track progress without it, it just makes things easier is all. That said you are right. And maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but after playing in the mid tier tourney I have to say that super tryhard Dota is more fun than funky fighting Dota. I feel closer to being in an efficient machine where each person plays there part, rather than an unorganized mess. Of course I realize that this may not necassarily be replicated just because of ranked, but I can hope.

How do the unusuals of the new couriers work?

This chocobo courier just got released. Does it mean it will get unusual effects soon?

http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/10376
its walking form is pretty cool, but i don't like it once it flies. only courier besides captain bamboo that looks as cool as the snowl

anyway, i think you just use an item to add a socket to a courier now, and then use a gem to add an effect to it, and another to change the effect color. not sure what the default color is, or if it only works with the 2 gems

some effects/colors are more expensive. you can search the market for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom