• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Your Luna set is so much prettier, Anuxi. I'd have held off on buying the current one if I knew yours was on the way. :S

Can anyone give me advice on the best way to farm as Clinkz?

Is there anything you're specifically struggling with while farming? Early on, last hit with Searing Arrow, but be careful not to leave your mana pool dry in case shit goes bad and you need to stealth away. You know the whole Death Pact a big creep in the jungle routine, right? Later on, you do that, then look for squishy or a half health tower to burst down. Repeat over and over and over. Clinkz is actually pretty straightforward beyond that, so if there's something else throwing you off, you might need to elaborate more.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Sorry valve but u fucked up on the luna set again.

I'll buy this one, not the one u added. Also can we up vote the fuck out of that set, pls?

My set is coming later this month :)

I could be wrong but I thought she was still working as a modeler elsewhere.
]
nope! I'm a full time dota2 workshopper. Though I haven't really been working at all the last half of this year with life and tournaments.

Which creators are making this much?

Anuxi? She's definitely the most prolific and popular single cosmetic creator.

Anuxi you rolling that dosh?

I'm making way more than I was working at trion. It's a good deal :)

snack

its walking form is pretty cool, but i don't like it once it flies. only courier besides captain bamboo that looks as cool as the snowl

anyway, i think you just use an item to add a socket to a courier now, and then use a gem to add an effect to it, and another to change the effect color. not sure what the default color is, or if it only works with the 2 gems

some effects/colors are more expensive. you can search the market for them

Ohhhh, okay. Can I add unusual effects to normal couriers too?

And anyone know what effect this?

hZ6pANF.jpg

xanavi

Can anyone give me advice on the best way to farm as Clinkz?

Get your two sobi masks and aquila quick as you can so you can munch neutrals every time your ulti is up. I think this hero's farm is more dependent on mana than anything else so getting treads quickly as well and being disciplined with treads-switching is a good habit. The rest cascades from early on being comfortable with his weird front-loaded attack animation and picking off heroes with your teammates.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You can't put the Unusual Gem into a normal courier like that, you need a special item that can't be obtained yet. What you can do is change the effect of an already unusual courier.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't see any reason for his ban though, unless the comment was deleted already. Can no one get Moody to spill the beans?

GorillaJu

Getting matched with a 4-stack can be hilarious, because you inevitably get the blame for everything. I *almost* carried my team after playing well in this game, but we still lost because of a huge early gold disadvantage. That didn't stop one guy from talking trash to me the whole game. He even picked a gimmick lane (Tiny/Centaur) and then ended with like 21 deaths.

The next game, I got exactly the same 4-stack against the exact same team from the previous game, and the rager dodged, taking an abandon.

:lol

In Dota zen at the moment, just trying to enjoy the game and can't be bothered by people like that.

Nymerio

Getting matched with a 4-stack can be hilarious, because you inevitably get the blame for everything. I *almost* carried my team after playing well in this game, but we still lost because of a huge early gold disadvantage. That didn't stop one guy from talking trash to me the whole game. He even picked a gimmick lane (Tiny/Centaur) and then ended with like 21 deaths.

The next game, I got exactly the same 4-stack against the exact same team from the previous game, and the rager dodged, taking an abandon.

:lol

In Dota zen at the moment, just trying to enjoy the game and can't be bothered by people like that.

Yeah, that's why always check not to get matched with parties. It doesn't matter what you do, if something goes wrong it's inevitably your fault.

And wow at getting the same players again. I've had that happen with maybe two people from the previous game but never with all players. Though sometimes I wish I'd meet some player again but play against him.

Razzer

When people complain about others who are from different countries, remember that you just don't notice the good ones. I had a game earlier where I assumed everyone on my team was English because we all spoke it so well. I found out when someone paused for a guy to reconnect and we started chatting that the other 9 people were all from eastern Europe haha. They just spoke english as standard as they knew it was expected.

ElyrionX

You can track your progress without having a number assigned to your skill level, dude. It's also going to fracture the player base - I fear normal matchmaking is going to go barren.

The one benefit is that I think you'll just encounter more players who want to play seriously. But then you're just going to see a shit load of earth spirits, lame ass builds like Necro Furion and people who will do anything to win, often making the game less fun. It'll be cagey with matches turning into farm battles more than blood baths which are way more fun.

I really doubt normal matchmaking will go away. In fact, I think it will have a bigger userbase than ranked. There are lots of people who play this game for fun and probably won't hang around much in ranked.

For me, I see the purposes of both but I like tryhard Dota so ranked is probably where I will spend the majority of my time. When I am solo queueing or just want to practice a hero or two, I'll probably go normal.

Sanjay

They're really expensive though and a little bit over my budget :(

200 bucks is actually pretty cheap for a good chair. I think the chairs we have in the office at work cost almost 400€ a piece.

Cray prices for chairs, picked up this sweet chair for 80 quid and it swirls, great when kids are around, and heats/vibrates up during the cold winters we have here in Angland.
iiuqdAfYWuFno.jpg

Nokterian

Played Witch Doctor yesterday been a longtime and it shows it is my second favorite hero next to bristleback. Went 14/1/10 and it was a pretty good match also.

abunai

Played a game where puck on my team complained about people always being out of position (not true) yet never carried a TP scroll himself. ~_~

Nice that fnatic are in the final of EMS. Hopefully they go the distance this time.

pompidu

First time running into pudge and experiencing the meat hook. Any way to deal with this? It's length is much longer than my farming length. Tryed to avoid it multiple times and just ended up rage quitting.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
First time running into pudge and experiencing the meat hook. Any way to deal with this? It's length is much longer than my farming length. Tryed to avoid it multiple times and just ended up rage quitting.

When he throws it at you, move sideways.

kvk1

Man, that 150 game barrier to enter MMR is a thorn in my side.

Now I have to start playing Dota instead of just watching it.

Red UFO

Keep creeps between you and Pudge. Provided your team can keep him shut down early game he will tend to not be a problem.

Kreunt

Banned

just have to be aware of where he is and make sure there's some creeps between you and him. the hardest part of playing against pudge as a new player is not forgetting that he is there.

Razzer

Attempted to. May have been lagging since I do avoid it and it still gets me anyway. My partner was of no help since he was busy wasting mana on a creep line.

Lag won't help, but there are some general principles to avoiding the hook.

1) Stay in a position that has creeps between you and pudge. Try not to ever let him have a clear shot at you. If he is gonna hook you make sure he has to work for it.

2) Keep ward vision up. Creeps are good in lane but come mid game he will be roaming around for you. To counter this make sure that the typical points he has to walk through on his way to ganks are warded so you see him coming and can back off accordingly.

3) Keep moving. Even if 1 and 2 fail, any pudge will struggle to hook a zigzagging target, especially in the lower skill levels that you start out in.

There are other things and more experienced players could give you better advice but generally pudge is counterable by smart play.

pompidu

Keep creeps between you and Pudge. Provided your team can keep him shut down early game he will tend to not be a problem.

That was my strategy for the most part. My partner in my lane would either wander off your waste his mana on the creep line. Trying to farm and hold off two hero's become's to much to keep my eye's on.

Lag won't help, but there are some general principles to avoiding the hook.

1) Stay in a position that has creeps between you and pudge. Try not to ever let him have a clear shot at you. If he is gonna hook you make sure he has to work for it.

2) Keep ward vision up. Creeps are good in lane but come mid game he will be roaming around for you. To counter this make sure that the typical points he has to walk through on his way to ganks are warded so you see him coming and can back off accordingly.

3) Keep moving. Even if 1 and 2 fail, any pudge will struggle to hook a zigzagging target, especially in the lower skill levels that you start out in.

There are other things and more experienced players could give you better advice but generally pudge is counterable by smart play.

Yeah I made sure to throw wards around my lane. Will do more zigzagging. One first noticed it, I started doing that but lag may have been a factor since I was actively avoiding it but getting pulled in. Will continue to press on!

ViviOggi

That was my strategy for the most part. My partner in my lane would either wander off your waste his mana on the creep line. Trying to farm and hold off two hero's become's to much to keep my eye's on.

Yeah I made sure to throw wards around my lane. Will do more zigzagging. One first noticed it, I started doing that but lag may have been a factor since I was actively avoiding it but getting pulled in. Will continue to press on!

Keep in mind that its hitbox is considerably larger than the hook's model.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hey guess what? Alliance is playing like crap again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom