• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jokab

/rant

I play RD and we get Necro, AM, Doom, Jakiro(me) and Bounty. Not the worst team ever I guess. AM decides to go mid, and his buddy Necro says "don't worry, he is pro". I make known my high doubts about this plan, but let it slide. 15 minutes in he has treads and starting items. We proceed to lose at 25 minutes. *sigh*

/end rant

Jokab

Yes. I can't remember who, but Soe interviewed one of them last night after their last game.

rotk or whatever his name is speaks english IIRC. Also the manager, though that is beside the point. VG play with headphones on the side because they don't use any computer communication tool, they just shout to eachother because that's how they're used to doing it in China.

Kalle Saarinen
‏@fnaticTrixi
VG are not using headphones and can easily hear what the casters are saying. Not so sure about that. @theAllianceGG agreed on it, though.

It's pretty shitty IMO, admins should enforce that stuff. Not sure if they're doing it this series though.

fiore

Banned
What's going on with Vici's noise-cancelling headphones?
Is it normal for players to shift them off their ears?

6ivh0zT.png
Putting headphones on your ears for a while gets them hot. You never do this?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
rotk or whatever his name is speaks english IIRC. Also the manager, though that is beside the point. VG play with headphones on the side because they don't use any computer communication tool, they just shout to eachother because that's how they're used to doing it in China.

It's pretty shitty IMO, admins should enforce that stuff. Not sure if they're doing it this series though.

It seems like keeping the headphones on would be something that is mandated. I guess not.

On that topic. Is there a reason a company hasn't come out with an all-in-one headphone setup for competitive players? It seems like something that would be possible to have noise-cancelling, game audio, and team chat in one setup.

Jokab

I'm of the mind that if the other team says it's okay, with full knowledge that they can of course say no, they can let them do whatever they want.

It should be the admin's decision, not the players'. When this is left up to the players, there is the possibility that they will make an altruistic decision to be respectful to the other team. There was this incident a few weeks ago when some team was to decide if it was okay to play on NA (or if it was EU, the other server in any case) because the other team was getting lag or whatever. The team went with the tournament rules and still got shit from a lot of people because they weren't "nice". I can see a similar situation here.

Granadier

It should be the admin's decision, not the players'. When this is left up to the players, there is the possibility that they will make an altruistic decision to be respectful to the other team. There was this incident a few weeks ago when some team was to decide if it was okay to play on NA (or if it was EU, the other server in any case) because the other team was getting lag or whatever. The team went with the tournament rules and still got shit from a lot of people because they weren't "nice". I can see a similar situation here.

I agree with you. It seems like something that should be setup in the rules.
But I guess eSports is still pretty new, so some of those things aren't quite as strict yet.

Granadier

SFnrrZe.png

Why bend the rules for only one team?

"Manchester City doesn't really like playing with jerseys on, and Arsenal agreed they don't mind, so the upcoming match will feature shirtless players."

brentech

I couldn't understand it. They have noise canceling headphones. Earbuds, and then a headset around their neck as well. Has to be irritating.

KingKong

this is the worst event I can remember for technical issues, just how bad is Polands internet. Even like early 2000s CS tournaments were better than this

Granadier

How exactly are they getting DDOSed?

I think they have to be running on Valve's servers in order to do the live streaming. They could be getting DDOS'd through that.

I could be completely wrong though.

snack

Who's winning game 4?

Damn sucks for fnatic.

This reminds me of this year's superbowl when the Ravens were down in the game and the lights at the stadium went out. Fnatic seems to be benefiting from this considering they're down. They can regroup and talk strats over.

Or maybe I just want it to go to a fifth and deciding game for all the marbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom