• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymerio

Is matchmaking really that bad? I always seem to be around 50% winrate. Sure there are win/loss streaks sometimes but it doesn't seem as bad as it looks to be for some of you guys.

If everyone knew everyone's MMR the complaint would just change to people claiming that Valve's MMR can't possibly be accurate because no way am I on the same level as these morons

Nymerio

I don't think I've ever encountered a smurf. I can only remember one time we had a puck in our team who did some serious work on the other team, crushed mid and kept solo killing their heroes in their own jungle. But even there I wasn't sure, he could've just been really good with puck.

It's not bad.

It's probably the worst thing ever.

I guess for most people the answer to "is matchmaking bad" depends on if they are currently on a winning or losing streak.

It's not bad.

It's probably the worst thing ever.

wU6cYLB.jpg

Anyone that thinks dota2 MM is bad didn't play WC3 Dota.

That was bad.

Noobs Only
dear god was it bad

Is matchmaking really that bad? I always seem to be around 50% winrate. Sure there are win/loss streaks sometimes but it doesn't seem as bad as it looks to be for some of you guys.

I think the 50% winrate is a poor statistic. You can get 1 stacked team every time and get a 50% winrate for everyone, just switch if they are on the good team every time.

Ultrabum

I think that over 75% of WC3 dota games ended with a 20+ kill Riki or bounty hunter.

MM is good, especially considering it doesn't know what hero your going to pick.

If you pick an op hero, or one that your super good at and vice versa, the skill level and impact for your team changes drastically.

I'm shocked the MM is as good as it is.

so who's ready for ranked matchmaking and frostivus this week (probably)?

Wooo...oo... eh it's not really that big of a deal, I hope the update has other interesting things *coughoraclecough*

ElyrionX

Makes perfect sense. He has an incredibly powerful AoE, an incredibly powerful stun/nuke, and a skill that gives him natural tankiness.

When pros play Alch they mostly do it as a Support now.

I am amazed at how quickly Alch was switched from carry to support in the meta and I don't even have any idea why it happened. What changed?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I am amazed at how quickly Alch was switched from carry to support in the meta and I don't even have any idea why it happened. What changed?

I think the biggest reason might have been the shadow blade nerf. Alch used to be able to shadow blade in with a loaded concoction, drop it, fuck shit up, and then shadow blade would be off cool down in time for him to use it to escape.

manfestival

sooo last night I decided to play one final game and like half way through it, I guess valve muted me

it said that I was muted for -385k hours... LOL WUT

ViviOggi

Chemical Rage no longer provides 250/500/750 bonus HP
Chemical Rage HP regen increased from 15/30/60 to 50/75/100

You're much more vulnerable to burst now early on which means you have to get a quick BKB against most teams, so you can't just rush big damage items like before.

Pratfall

jungle doom is my new favourite thing.

A good jungle doom is such a hilariously terrifying thing. Motherfucker just strides out of the jungle at 10 minutes, dooms their carry and wrecks. So huge and fast and no one knows where he's been.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I see a lot of teams using stand ins in Star Ladder games. How come nobody cares about Star Ladder?

M.D

Playing Nature's Prophet sucks sometimes.
I had shit tons of farm, even bought back twice and still ended up with a lot of gold, but my team was always on the losing side and never created the space to split push. Oh, and our Pudge had no items at 56 minutes into the game.

The game before we had an Invoker that also had no idea what he was doing.
All Pick fucking sucks.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, a few things I wonder about ranked mode.

1) Will Random gold still be there in all pick? Will you even be able to random at all, or be forced to pick?
2) Will all pick have any drafting mechanic, or still be a free for all race to hero X. Will people still be forced to pick when the timer runs out?
3) Will captains mode/draft still let the first person to push the button draft, or will it go to the highest ranked guy?
4) Will heroes not in CM be allowed in Ranked All Pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom