• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
"There is nothing more to worry about, nothing you need to do. Nothing can possibly go wrong."

Nothing will go wrong, we will have an advent calender of game modes consisting of love and friendship!

Also, if you hover over the little doors on the top, Skeleton King and Queen of Pain puppets pop out.

Also, if you look close at the sign, you can see that they actually repaired the sign from last year, it still a bit tattered .

Also it's pretty obvious something else is coming considering the page said literally nothing.

Like, there's not a thing on the page that is a thing that is a game mode or event or anything. It's just "friendship and candy and love <3 <3" on the entire page.

Also I guess Skeleton King's remake isn't Wraith King, as they added him as a puppet on the page.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also it's pretty obvious something else is coming considering the page said literally nothing.

Like, there's not a thing on the page that is a thing that is a game mode or event or anything. It's just "friendship and candy and love <3 <3" on the entire page.

Also I guess Skeleton King's remake isn't Wraith King, as they added him as a puppet on the page.

Greevils will try to steal it again, Wraith King will enslave the Greevils, we get to kick the fucking greevils ass in retribution for last years game mode.

Nothing will go wrong, we will have an advent calender of game modes consisting of love and friendship!

Also, if you hover over the little doors on the top, Skeleton King and Queen of Pain puppets pop out.

Also, if you look close at the sign, you can see that they actually repaired the sign from last year, it still a bit tattered .

Is the paper that is behind the top one the same as last year's or was it new here just waiting to be ripped off and have new information on it?

Edit: It's last year's paper, nevermind.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is the paper that is behind the top one the same as last year's or was it new here just waiting to be ripped off and have new information on it?

Its seem to be last years, it has the same holes and markings.

Also, the SK/QoP images:
peekaboo_left.jpg
peekaboo_right.jpg

Playing Nature's Prophet sucks sometimes.
I had shit tons of farm, even bought back twice and still ended up with a lot of gold, but my team was always on the losing side and never created the space to split push. Oh, and our Pudge had no items at 56 minutes into the game.

The game before we had an Invoker that also had no idea what he was doing.
All Pick fucking sucks.

These are the reasons people will be glad when ranked appaers. It will separate the try-hard "wanna win" crowd from the casual "don't really give a shit, I just want to have fun throwing hooks" crowd.

The mixing of the two mentalities has caused much of the unusually high amount of toxicity in this game's community. There is no middle ground in Dota 2. Either you're playing to win or you don't give a shit. Once its implemented, people will use normal to simply practice and have consequence-free fun. And when they want to play at a higher level with some standards and expectations they will play ranked.

It's long overdue and I'm glad it's coming sooner rather than later.

Skab

Frostivus needs to not be canceled one year, and it needs to be the Uther Party clone that I have imagined it to be in my head.

52club

These are the reasons people will be glad when ranked appaers. It will separate the try-hard "wanna win" crowd from the casual "don't really give a shit, I just want to have fun throwing hooks" crowd.

The mixing of the two mentalities has caused much of the unusually high amount of toxicity in this game's community. There is no middle ground in Dota 2. Either you're playing to win or you don't give a shit. Once its implemented, people will use normal to simply practice and have consequence-free fun. And when they want to play at a higher level with some standards and expectations they will play ranked.

It's long overdue and I'm glad it's coming sooner rather than later.

I want to believe, but...

I'd like to think dota 2 players are different but if we look at games like halo where there are 2 different playlists with ranked being seperate we see it's not like that. You'll still get your try hards in normal.

I'd like to think dota 2 players are different but if we look at games like halo where there are 2 different playlists with ranked being seperate we see it's not like that. You'll still get your try hards in normal.

I'm speaking more or less from the perspective of a few months of playing League of Legends hardcore. There was almost no negative energy in LoL's normal queue. I mean maaaaaybe the occasional negative or frustrated comment. The occasional early quitter. Maybe one every 10 games, and even then it's not a pronounced or obnoxious kind of a thing like text/ping spammers and mic yellers in Dota2. Even when someone is feeding. I tend to believe that's because of the separation of ranked and non-ranked, and the desire to win that is associated with ranked play.

It's possible that people playing Dota 2 are just simply more sociopathic than those playing League and that people will continue to be flaming assholes to each other then as they are now. Maybe people have been burned too much and too many times by the community to see cooler heads start to prevail. Hard to say, but I'd like to believe it will result in a better experience for everyone by fundamentally adjusting the expectations everyone has going into matches.

Maybe.

Artanisix

I was excited for Frostivus but FUCK man I just went grocery shopping and watched a dog get run over. It was all in slow motion and I couldn't do anything about it because it was already in the suicide lane.

Worst start to the week EVER.

kvk1

I got into this game just this summer.

Why was Frostivus cancelled last year?

(Actually...what the hell is Frostivus? Is it like Diretide but Christmasy?)

What's a little frostivus among friends?

I was excited for Frostivus but FUCK man I just went grocery shopping and watched a dog get run over. It was all in slow motion and I couldn't do anything about it because it was already in the suicide lane.

Worst start to the week EVER.

Geez, RIP in peace poor dog. :(

I got into this game just this summer.

Why was Frostivus cancelled last year?

(Actually...what the hell is Frostivus? Is it like Diretide but Christmasy?)

The Greevils got into it and ripped it all up. It turned into The Greeviling. It was a silly for fun mode like Diretide. The river was frozen so you'd slide around on it, there were some goofy extra items like pretzels and ice skates, but the biggest difference was that you could at any time turn into your Greevil (the thing you hatched from the egg that you got from that year's Diretide) and it had it's own unique mix of random skills from heroes. Mine had like Omni's heal, the gap closer from PA and some other crap. You'd just run around and kill neutral camps.

It wasn't particularly fun and some people's greevil's were clearly much better than others. You got items out of it though, even when you lost.

kvk1

The Greevils got into it and ripped it all up. It turned into The Greeviling. It was a silly for fun mode like Diretide. The river was frozen so you'd slide around on it, there were some goofy extra items like pretzels and ice skates, but the biggest difference was that you could at any time turn into your Greevil (the thing you hatched from the egg that you got from that year's Diretide) and it had it's own unique mix of random skills from heroes. Mine had like Omni's heal, the gap closer from PA and some other crap. You'd just run around and kill neutral camps.

It wasn't particularly fun and some people's greevil's were clearly much better than others. You got items out of it though, even when you lost.

Gotcha. Thanks bud.

Hylian7

It was so unfair sometimes, some would have Black Hole and Pudge Hook while I was stuck with Shadow Wave, Nature's Attendants, and Purification.

Skab

I wonder how long it will be before Valve starts selling that Greevil plushy thats nailed to the board in their store.

bounchfx

I love the last lines.

"However you choose to celebrate the season, the byword is relaxation. There is nothing more to worry about, nothing you need to do. Nothing can possibly go wrong."

Honestly didn't expect an event at all, well played valve.

To bring hype to unrealistic level, that green mist is from terrorblade's demon form.

manfestival

I wonder why valve muted me in game. I am gonna die on the inside as i play dota tonight... why couldnt this have happened tomorrow? I dont even plan on playing any dota tomorrow... screw you valve

Razzer

I dont understand what polite in game is. However, I do love pausing right when my ult goes off and im about to get a kill as sniper. its hilarious but I can see why people get mad about it. its still too funny

Whilst I think that is fairly innocent, others may disagree. Also, I don't suppose you do stuff like shout at people or anything? I imagine that would be more likely to get you muted.

Quick question. Tried out Death Prophet for the first time and boy was she fun to play. Ulti just wrecks. Has DP always been this good or did it get buffed in the most recent patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom