• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycan also didn't really require such a high amount of skill to be broken. To the average player, ES is probably fine. A first time player of Lycan could afk jungle for 20 minutes and destroy everything, you'll not see the same dominance from a first time ES.

I'm a middle of the road player skill wise, and even in my tier Earth Spirit's are not broken. He's one of those heroes that's too powerful in upper brackets, but mediocre or just okay in normal/low skill brackets.

Chen used to be somewhat the same. Io is still sort of like that also.

Ultrabum

Lycan also didn't really require such a high amount of skill to be broken. To the average player, ES is probably fine. A first time player of Lycan could afk jungle for 20 minutes and destroy everything, you'll not see the same dominance from a first time ES.

I'm a middle of the road player skill wise, and even in my tier Earth Spirit's are not broken. He's one of those heroes that's too powerful in upper brackets, but mediocre or just okay in normal/low skill brackets.

These are my thoughts exactly.

Pre-nerf lycan was dumb. You got a free hard carry / split push in the jungle. And if you ganked him in the jungle he was full hp so it often backfired and he just killed the gankers with the help if his team. The risk was too low.

Earth spirit requires more skill, but the basic combo rock, pull, ball in, kick back is easy to do and can dominate the early game.

What makes ES hard to play is using the ult in combo with the silence later on.

ReRixo

Banned
titan so good

I wonder how long it'll be until dk disbands, because it doesn't look like their all-star lineup is working.

thanks for all the advice on how to improve btw, now I just have to find people who don't mind me feeding

titan so good

I wonder how long it'll be until dk disbands, because it doesn't look like their all-star lineup is working.

thanks for all the advice on how to improve btw, now I just have to find people who don't mind me feeding

I think they'll still be fine. Just need more time. They're not going to be on the cutting edge of anything, but when everything gets figured out DK will master it and stomp.

Nymerio

Support Alch is a scary monster

His stun has stupid range. Armor reduction in a massive AoE. Able to farm enough gold for a mek in minutes.

He's a little weak early game, but late game his support abilities are absurd.

Edit: I just noticed BH bought a Vlads after I did...

Is Radiance on Clock legit? I don't think I've played him but from watching games and stuff I always assumed scepter is pretty much core for him? The ulti upgrade seem extremely good...

BeesEight

If you're not high tier, Earth Spirit is the team's punching bag. I tried learning him in solo queue and every game I was shat on no matter what happened. Even if you win, even if you save people or have some decent plays it doesn't matter. Make one bad play and you're are the worst thing ever to happen to humanity.

Higher skilled games is where it's at though. Nobody played Batrider or Wisp in the trenches either but these guys were just plain stupid prior to 6.79 in the hands of competent players. Way more than Spirit Breaker or Drow who were just easy to do well with. I remember Wisp + Sven stacking with a buddy of mine a few months ago and we managed to snowball so hard, nothing I've ever seen comes close. We could've reliably won 9 out of 10 games on average until we hit a MMR that would crap on us in lane I suppose or which woulda smoke baited or whatever.

I find trench player's sentiments to be irrelevant frankly. Drow was nerfed from a bad hero to 100% trash tier because baddies wouldn't buy detection, Blade Mail, Ghost Scepters and so forth.

manfestival

Just wondering, does LOL have a low priority system like dota does?

like the fella said below. no low priority system. just a community system(tribunal, which sucks) and then it goes to the judgement of a staff member if it gets passed in tribunal(basically the staff are the final judge and choose the punishment)

I am all too familiar with this system with like 3 warnings and like 5-6 temp bans. It sucks man :(
It would be so much better with low priority like in dota and also the muting thing must be "newer" cause I never got muted in lol.

I wonder if those crazy bastards will make some story for Skeleton King -> Wraith King and this entire update is just a fancy way to ease the new model in and make it lore related. Throw in a new hero, ranked matchmaking and whatever else and ease the blow a bit.

Kind of smart if that's what they're planning.

Ultrabum

What sort of situations would I taken linkens over bkb as someone like say axe, doom, or any other strength tank hero?

Rarely. But if you are getting blinked on by bane and ulted before you can doom as doom, linkens is better than bkb.

Substitute bane with beast master same thing.

What sort of situations would I taken linkens over bkb as someone like say axe, doom, or any other strength tank hero?

BKB in 9 out of 10 scenarios. If there's an enemy Doom, Bane, Batrider, and so forth, a Linken's is perhaps worth considering but other than Bat, all of them have skills to break the linkens quickly (especially Bane. He's got 3 other skills to break your Linken's lol). I think Linken's is mostly useful on slippery heroes like Storm Spirit and Weaver where you can escape quickly when you realize you're getting initiated on.

KingKong

titan so good

Alliance drops Bulldog, picks up iceiceice, wins everything

inkls

Thoughts on wraith king? I've seen some people state he'd be a reskin for SK to prevent copyright issues with blizzard like they did with venomancer (oh god please no) another theory is that he's a reskin for SK for a character for this year's winter event. Any opinions on this?

kvk1

This Christmas music on the BTS stream has put me in some mood.

Of all the places to start getting in the holiday spirit...

Shengar

Thoughts on wraith king? I've seen some people state he'd be a reskin for SK to prevent copyright issues with blizzard like they did with venomancer (oh god please no) another theory is that he's a reskin for SK for a character for this year's winter event. Any opinions on this?

What's this Wraith King? My PC broke so I can hardly keep up with any news.

Nobody knows. Could be either or those two or even just the skin for Terrorblade (although that one looks less likely now).

Just some random textures that were found a while ago. Old green man with a beard.

Looks like someone tried to put the texture map together a bit:

amtDnws.jpg

Low Tier
Not everyone's as good as 1.09

hey that's me.

Legit tho the best way to improve is just grinding it out. Back in dotacash I used to fiend solo mid, because that was the role that came most naturally to me. After a while, you understand how the role works, and afterwards, how the other roles revolve around, and how the game as a whole works. IMO its a much better approach than the whole A-Z thing, since you barely get a feel for the hero before you're forced into a new role with a new hero.

Sticking with the one thing that you can get right away, and then keeping at it until you become good enough with it is always gonna be something i champion over the whole picking every hero so you understand how the hero works. But different strokes for different folks, so just do what works for you.

Also boken i'm pretty sure the pudge player's name was blitzcrank iunno what ur talking about.

inkls

No one knows as he's not a hero from WC3 DotA, his textures were found in the game, basically death prophet skin color, looks like an old bald guy with a beard, has a sword similar to SK.

Here a pic:
tumblr_mwnatfTaU41rzyhgzo1_1280.jpg

Edit: Dam you Steve

Shengar

Just some random textures that were found a while ago. Old green man with a beard.

Looks like someone tried to put the texture map together a bit:

amtDnws.jpg

No one knows as he's not a hero from WC3 DotA, his textures were found in the game, basically death prophet skin color, looks like an old bald guy with a beard, has a sword similar to SK.

Here a pic:
tumblr_mwnatfTaU41rzyhgzo1_1280.jpg

Hmm
If they gonna reskin SK like they did with Venomance, isn't that mean that they need to redo the voice work for him? It'll just natural since bone jokes doesn't makes sense with bearded, green oldman.

ElyrionX

I wish PA would get more buffs. I have a soft spot for her but she's such a shit hero. If only they brought back the original Blur where she becomes just a black dot on the ground.

inkls

Hmm
If they gonna reskin SK like they did with Venomance, isn't that mean that they need to redo the voice work for him? It'll just natural since bone jokes doesn't makes sense with bearded, green oldman.

Thing is, people say its either this (a reskin) or an enemy for the winter event (look at the ominous green mist near the bottom of the announcement) since its easier to reskin compared to making a complete new model for an event.

And yes, if its a reskin for SK it probably means new voice.

Shengar

Thing is, people say its either this (a reskin) or an enemy for the winter event (look at the ominous green mist near the bottom of the announcement) since its easier to reskin compared to making a complete new model for an event.

And yes, if its a reskin for SK it probably means new voice.
I wonder why they reskin Venomancer in the first place since he doesn't even resemble Hydra from Starcraft anymore beside his "hand" and body shape. But the reskin look sick, so I can hardly complain.
that dagger buff though

Still reliant on luck.

ElyrionX

Just buy em yourself. I was at about 35 wins over losses a couple weeks ago because I went into every game with that attitude and just wanted to play the game my way, then I decided to switch things up and make sure there are always wards, the courier is flying and that every game has a Mek, regardless of my hero. I've gone Mek and wards on heroes like Slark and QOP because no one else was getting one and despite being counter intuitive to spend that much money on a support item my win rate has gone up a lot and I'm now at 90 more wins than losses.

Do you solo queue? Or do you play with stacks most of your games?

I did that recently in a game where I was Timbersaw. I was queueing with a friend in pubs and had Bat, Weaver, Drow and Clock as my teammates. Game started. Weaver asked me to get courier. I said, "I'm not support" but fuck it, bought the goddamn courier anyway. Got one or two early kills and bought the wards and was buying most of the support stuff throughout the game. It worked out well. We snowballed and stomped to victory.

inkls

I wonder why they reskin Venomancer in the first place since he doesn't even resemble Hydra from Starcraft anymore beside his "hand" and body shape. But the reskin look sick, so I can hardly complain.

I think it was mostly that they just did it to prevent any legal issues, even if blizzard loses it would still be a loss of time and money and it probably is easier to link the two concept with the upcoming blizzard HotS

If do the math, it wasn't much of a buff because the average damage of the dagger went up by just a tiny bit. It's hilarious if you manage to get a proc when you need it though.

Dota as a game is weighted way more to the value of burst damage over any sustained or 'average' DPS. The dagger buff is a big one. It's just reliant on luck, which is the main problem.

Zephyx

I wish PA would get more buffs. I have a soft spot for her but she's such a shit hero. If only they brought back the original Blur where she becomes just a black dot on the ground.

PA should either have 50% cleave when the crit procs or a small buff when the crit deals the killing damage to a hero. It's hard to justify picking a PA when there are so many better options such as Gyro.

ElyrionX

Dota as a game is weighted way more to the value of burst damage over any sustained or 'average' DPS. The dagger buff is a big one. It's just reliant on luck, which is the main problem.

Ummm, that's exactly my point. The average damage I mentioned is merely a simple weighted probability calculation. The dagger is on a 8 second cooldown. You will never get to cast it more than two to three times in a single fight. It's a not much of a buff in practice.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
hey that's me.

Legit tho the best way to improve is just grinding it out. Back in dotacash I used to fiend solo mid, because that was the role that came most naturally to me. After a while, you understand how the role works, and afterwards, how the other roles revolve around, and how the game as a whole works. IMO its a much better approach than the whole A-Z thing, since you barely get a feel for the hero before you're forced into a new role with a new hero.

Sticking with the one thing that you can get right away, and then keeping at it until you become good enough with it is always gonna be something i champion over the whole picking every hero so you understand how the hero works. But different strokes for different folks, so just do what works for you.

Also boken i'm pretty sure the pudge player's name was blitzcrank iunno what ur talking about.

For pretty much the entire time I've played DotA it's been as a support. Lately I've been playing more carries, mids and going through the A-Z. I've found that I've learned so much about all the heroes just by playing them at least once. But otherwise yea, jack of all trades-master of none. I'm a support through and through.

manfestival

For pretty much the entire time I've played DotA it's been as a support. Lately I've been playing more carries, mids and going through the A-Z. I've found that I've learned so much about all the heroes just by playing them at least once. But otherwise yea, jack of all trades-master of none. I'm a support through and through.

what are your top 3 favorite supports then?

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
PA should either have 50% cleave when the crit procs or a small buff when the crit deals the killing damage to a hero. It's hard to justify picking a PA when there are so many better options such as Gyro.

This would be so broken but I love it.

Hello everyone,
If everyone can please stop understanding that bristleback is awesome ,since I liked him before he was cool and I want him to be buffed more

Thanks
Yarden24

Ask milk about playing bristleback against razor, clock, and ET.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom