• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I SEE THE WORD 'LEGION'

WHAT DOES IT SAY GAF

WU3F3m4.png

Actually, the symbol on the proclamation looks very similar to LC's helmet.

Wanted: Experienced Commander
- Must be available on Frostivus Eve
- Applicant must provide their own Legion

One missing ticket

The scribbled letters and the words "SOUL" and stuff are probably a new hero hint too.

I doubt the lost Greevil is, other than it asks you to contact the warden of the woods, but that's an incredible stretch.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Wanted: Experienced Commander
- Must be available on Frostivus Eve
- Applicant must provide their own Legion

One missing ticket

The scribbled letters and the words "SOUL" and stuff are probably a new hero hint too.

I doubt the lost Greevil is, other than it asks you to contact the warden of the woods, but that's an incredible stretch.
I think the lost Greevil has more to do with yesterdays' page art considering it says to followed two wolves or something.

inkls

I can't believe they worked a hero remake into the lore and made it the feature of a major update

They actually did it

Clever girls

Like stated earlier it might not be a rework, some people have said it could also be because it simpler to reskin a hero for the event instead of creating a new model from scratch.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Skeleton King was the most IP infringing hero there was. I don't think he's coming back guys. I wonder if Wraith King will have an entirely new skillset/VO

Ultrabum

Pyrion flax streaming, freaking out about skeleton king being removed.

Also trying to win a game as Chen as part of the A to Z challenge.

inkls

Skeleton King was the most IP infringing hero there was. I don't think he's coming back guys. I wonder if Wraith King will have an entirely new skillset/VO

How? Blizzard has no copyright on the human skeleton or one being a king. Their lore isn`t even similar.

G.ZZZ

LOL? The idea of a Skeleton King was invented with fantasy itself, or else even something like Zelda MM would've been filed for copyright infrigement. This is stupid. The only way i can see this happening is Wraith King being a rework for Chinese client and just an alternative skin for the Winter Map.

DON'T FUCKING REMOVE SKELETON KING GOD NO.

Lotto

Wraith King is probably going to be an Arcana Skin not a model update. Seems like a waste to throw away all of his existing assets.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
How? Blizzard has no copyright on the human skeleton or one being a king. Their lore isn`t even similar.
They don't have a copyright on entrails or cleavers either, but Pudge got changed.

Leoric looks just like Skeleton King - so Skeleton King has to go :(

R.I.P.

None of those are are a retail game based on a mod using assets from an unrelated game. None have an under the table agreement with Blizzard to avoid similarities as much as possible.

It's not as simple as "Skeleton knight in everything so it's okay!"

It would have been exactly the same, if, for example, Tauren Chieftain was changed into "Chieftain" and was a huge bull. Yea, the concept of an anthropomorphic bull isn't owned by Blizzard, but in context it would cause problems.

Lotto

Storm Spirit? Venomancer? Gyrocopter?

They all still look like they fit their names/voices/spells. I feel like they're going to have to re-do all assets for this remake including voice/effects. Also if everyone gets an Arcana skin eventually, this seems like it would be a perfect one for SK.

Nobody gave a shit about Skeleton King and now that he's (presumably) being changed everyone is freaking out like the game lost a huge icon.

Anyway, is Mirana hard to play? I've never picked her in a real match but I'm watching that DK vs Titan game from yesterday and she is a beast.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Can't stop this Frostivus train!

Its already dead, Frostivus canceled for the coronation of Skeleton King's Son/Brother, the Wraith King, who has kidnapped SK to help him along with that whole dying thing.

Are you a bad enough dood to rescue the Skeleton King?

G.ZZZ

None of those are are a retail game based on a mod using assets from an unrelated game. None have an under the table agreement with Blizzard to avoid similarities as much as possible.

It would have been exactly the same, if, for example, Tauren Chieftain was changed into "Chieftain" and was a huge bull. Yea, the concept of an anthropomorphic bull isn't owned by Blizzard, but in context it would cause problems.

With the "slight" difference that Tauren are nowhere as common as skeletons in every kind of fantasy. Skeleton are second only to zombies and vampire in how common are they as fantasy monsters.

G.ZZZ

Nobody gave a shit about Skeleton King and now that he's (presumably) being changed everyone is freaking out like the game lost a huge icon.

Anyway, is Mirana hard to play? I've never picked her in a real match but I'm watching that DK vs Titan game from yesterday and she is a beast.

Talk for urself Skele is like the quintessential iconic hero of dota, manliest hero, 1 button hero etc... I also love to run him as a support.

This is the worst shit.

KingKong

Its suprisingly easy to hit arrows so no. And a hit arrow + leap + starfall kills pretty much everyone

sixghost

Why can't Brewmaster just look like a panda :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom