• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Matt, I have a request for you. Can you get reddit to stop posting links to that esports onion site? I have a bad feeling about it.

I wonder why they reskin Venomancer in the first place since he doesn't even resemble Hydra from Starcraft anymore beside his "hand" and body shape. But the reskin look sick, so I can hardly complain.
Venomancer's remake was planned since early this year, I don't think it had much to do at all with Blizzard, it just happened to hit at the same time as the other Blizzard themed remakes.

Quite possibly they didn't feel his appearance was menacing or fit the lore. That's my take at least, he used to look goofy and not like a plant/monster/human abomination. Now he does (they added a nice amount of plant qualities to him and made him far more intimidating)

Gyro and Dazzle are the same. I don't think they were because of Blizzard (I only really think Axe and Pudge were, and the name changes)

M.D

This game...

Lycan and Doom diving towers 10 minutes into the game with no items, Invoker building after Phase to chase down people with Ghost Walk and best of all Dusa who I babysit all game since I'm the only support and who had free farm in the lane (against a Shadow Demon solo offlane after Alch left) still had no items other than the Linken's she building all game

Nymerio

Question about invis, smoke and sentries. So sentries reveal invis units but don't reveal smoked units. If a riki smokes and stands in range of a sentry without being near enough for the smoke to break will he be revealed or stay hidden?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Question about invis, smoke and sentries. So sentries reveal invis units but don't reveal smoked units. If a riki smokes and stands in range of a sentry without being near enough for the smoke to break will he be revealed or stay hidden?

It's my understanding that he'll stay hidden but I have never actually tested this.

I am almost sure that Smoke invis stacks with regular invis.

Low Tier

sentries reveal smoked units

M.D

Tide buys boots with starting money, gets nothing other than Arcane boots all game and saves money .......... buys Sacred Relic for Radiance

WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS

iirc radiance is in Tide's situation items for who knows what reason

By ultra late game you're immune to creep damage from maxed Kraken Shell and have a AoE wave clearing ability on a low cool down with barely any mana cost (at that point in the game)

I can't see why you'd ever get radiance on Tide...

iirc radiance is in Tide's situation items for who knows what reason

By ultra late game you're immune to creep damage from maxed Kraken Shell and have a AoE wave clearing ability on a low cool down with barely any mana cost (at that point in the game)

I can't see why you'd ever get radiance on Tide...

I'm sure the thought process is after you get your ult off and an anchor smash, then what? What do you provide in a team fight? An incredibly slow and shitty right click? But you're pretty tanky right? You'll probably last a while... why not get a big aoe dot to just do some more damage?

Granted refresher is probably better, but theres a reason at least.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
All of these are incredible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-BzkZm88H8

puckorbz1ugq.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Time to quit my job and make dota items full time.

I have no job.

I can't see them not testing this update first, this is probably just tickets or some small stuff to get ready (there's probably some prep work for ranked matchmaking)

Or maybe some kind of hint to the content like the Three Spirits teaser stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom