• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Pugna is kind of a skeleton. I thought Lich was at first but he has ears and a beard which skeletons can't have. Then there are the skeleton warriors from the Troll camp and some other skeleton face dudes who aren't actually skeletons like Shadow Demon.

oh_fuck_skeletons_by_whatgoat-d59mena.png

I pick Bane whenever someone on the enemy team picks Shadow Fiend and I pick Silencer whenever someone on the enemy team picks Viper.

What makes you a terrible human being, DotaGAF?

BeesEight

I pick Bane whenever someone on the enemy team picks Shadow Fiend and I pick Silencer whenever someone on the enemy team picks Viper.

I only use Test of Faith on allies when I want to get the last hit on towers and the ancient.

Razzer

I always force the other support to be the 5 when in a stack. Gotta get dat blink dagger.

Zeth

In a game in which I'm one of two supports, I always insta-buy wards to establish my ward-dominance. I can't stand other people's ward placement/timing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I will buy wards as mid zeus because not having wards is not worth 150g.

#getonmylevel

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
In a game in which I'm one of two supports, I always insta-buy wards to establish my ward-dominance. I can't stand other people's ward placement/timing.

Be the alpha warder. Piss on their wards.

Hylian7

I will buy wards as mid zeus because not having wards is not worth 150g.

#getonmylevel
I would do this but I would feel like I would be losing too much to leave the lane to place them in useful places in a timely fashion. There is the option of buying them and dropping them on the ground of the fountain or leaving them on the courier and telling my team. However they usually don't place them and I'm 150g in the hole for nothing.

Warding rune spots isn't difficult, since you would be going there anyway from mid, but the issue is leaving for places further than that if you need wards somewhere else.

GorillaJu

I would do this but I would feel like I would be losing too much to leave the lane to place them in useful places in a timely fashion. There is the option of buying them and dropping them on the ground of the fountain or leaving them on the courier and telling my team. However they usually don't place them and I'm 150g in the hole for nothing.

Warding rune spots isn't difficult, since you would be going there anyway from mid, but the issue is leaving for places further than that if you need wards somewhere else.

Do you literally never leave the ramp in front of mid tower? Just move 10 feet and place it in spots that help you. One on the enemy's side of the ramp, and one on the side that the enemy supports gank from (to your hero's right if they have an aggressive tri, to the left if defensive). Or just put it down for rune vision when you go scouting for rune at the next even-numbered minute.

sixghost

I assume if a Zeus is buying wards, he's doing it to get rune vision and spot ganks at night. It only takes 5 seconds to place wards like that.

Hylian7

Do you literally never leave the ramp in front of mid tower? Just move 10 feet and place it in spots that help you. One on the enemy's side of the ramp, and one on the side that the enemy supports gank from (to your hero's right if they have an aggressive tri, to the left if defensive). Or just put it down for rune vision when you go scouting for rune at the next even-numbered minute.
Right, those are easy but don't cover too much else. Sometimes your offlaner or safelaner needs a ward closer to them. I guess the mid buying and placing the wards is more of a "better than nothing" situation anyway.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"Wards on the courier"

10 minutes later

Same wards on courier.

GorillaJu

Right, those are easy but don't cover too much else. Sometimes your offlaner or safelaner needs a ward closer to them. I guess the mid buying and placing the wards is more of a "better than nothing" situation anyway.

Well, winning mid is more or less the single most important thing in a pub, so it's pretty much always worth it.

-Snooze-

Banned
I don't understand how anyone successfully plays Puck? She/He/It sorta feels like Queen of Pain in a way, but even squishier if that were possible.

Perhaps the confusing button combinations required combined with my poor micro skills

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
For 2GD's 1,000th win they went Pugna, Veno, Sylla, WD, Lesh level 1 Rosh 5 man mid and got 12 min mega creeps and 14 min throne. Most ridiculous game I've ever seen.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I think GAF has a faster throne, maybe someone can link that VOD

They could have won it faster if they didn't 1. go for megas, and 2. go back for a 2nd Rosh. Also it's not like they were racing, just owning.

Shepard

Im so pissed right now. Damn close game 60 or so minutes against a farmed AM QOP Tinker, we get mega creeps and the server os down? WTF?
Edit:False alarm, I got back in time to see their ancient dying :( Got an abandon though

sephi22

made a new Ward for you gentlemen. I hope you'll give me a HAND in upvoting it.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202860957

HAND? GET IT

BWHHEHEehhehehehefdxhnbb n

░█▀▀░█░░█░█▀█░█▀▀░█▀█
░▀▀█░█░░█░█▀▀░█▀▀░█▀▄
░▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀░░░▀▀▀░▀░ ▀
░░░░░░░░░░████
░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
█████▄▄█░░░░░███▄
▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Dearest ░░░█
▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Valve, ░░░░█
▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Add This ░░█
▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Please! ░░█
▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░█

░█▀▀░█░░█░█▀█░█▀▀░█▀█
░▀▀█░█░░█░█▀▀░█▀▀░█▀▄
░▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀░░░▀▀▀░▀░ ▀
░░░░░░░░░░████
░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
█████▄▄█░░░░░███▄
▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Dearest ░░░█
▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Valve, ░░░░█
▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Add This ░░█
▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Please! ░░█
▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░█
It's funny because the ward is a hand and so is that.

Hylian7

"Wards on the courier"

10 minutes later

Same wards on courier.

Pretty much, I mentioned this above. Tried it before and that is exactly what happens.

Well, winning mid is more or less the single most important thing in a pub, so it's pretty much always worth it.

Usually true, but it still almost completely screwed if your hard carry is getting utterly shat on by TPs from their mid.
I don't understand how anyone successfully plays Puck? She/He/It sorta feels like Queen of Pain in a way, but even squishier if that were possible.

Perhaps the confusing button combinations required combined with my poor micro skills
One of my favorite heroes in the game. It's all about being quick and efficient. By 6 you should have 3-1-1-1, take that point in Phase Shift at 1 or 2. You can dodge so many things for ZERO MANA! It is easily Puck's best skill. Here is a list of only SOME of the things you can dodge:

Ranged right clicks
Shadow strike
Scream of Pain
Sonic Wave
Storm Bolt
Spirit Lance
Chain Frost
Finger of Death (dodge window is extremely small, but possible)
Laguna Blade (similar to FoD)
Earth Spike
Impale
Last Word (watch the debuff timer, hit it right before it ends to avoid damage as well as silence and disarm)
And much much more!

Remember silence breaks channeling spells, so if you see Sand King charging up an ult or in his Sandstorm, blink on him and silence him. Dream Coil breaks channeling on initial cast and the break stun. You can stop TPs with it, like S4 did in the grand final of TI3.

Blink is the best item you can get, especially once you have 3-4 points of Phase Shift. You can use it to wait out the 3 second damage cooldown on Blink then Blink immediately, or shift queue it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom