• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roughly 4-5 hours until the Wraith King looking at the bar (3 ticks left).

I like how the bar went up a bit even though nobody could play for like 3 hours. Just as I assumed, it's probably a timer leading to a planned update time.

Artanisix

Guys I'm not trying to be a dick about it GOSH. For all I know the Dotabuff stuff could all be outdated. And it could just be the calibration hard at work.

kurahador

Roughly 4-5 hours until the Wraith King looking at the bar (3 ticks left).

I like how the bar went up a bit even though nobody could play for like 3 hours. Just as I assumed, it's probably a timer leading to a planned update time.

What will happen after the bar is full?
Wraith King added back to the roster?

Calidor

you can check your MMR without playing the 10 ranked matches by typing 'developer 1' && 'dota_game_account_debug' :

solo_competitive_rank: 4613
solo_competitive_rank_uncertainty: 711
solo_calibration_games_remaining: 8

manfestival

Finally get into a game, some piece of shit on the team complains during draft and abandons.

image.php

rugioh

Banned
you can check your MMR without playing the 10 ranked matches by typing 'developer 1' && 'dota_game_account_debug' :

I'm at work, can someone confirm this?

snack

How is ranked matchmaking. I heard there is no solo queue and people playing by themselves ate going up against five man stacks.

Wes

venison crêpe

solo_competitive_rank_uc11

My hypothesis is that you might need to play one ranked game to trigger this system.

1-1-3-1, first point in moment of courage.
i've been starting with stout, quelling, tangos and it works really well.
then i've been getting a quick ring of basi, it gets you enough mana to use press the attack a few times in the jungle and still have mana to gank with when you hit 6.
Yea this. But I've done it several times now and not once did I ever feel the need for a mana ring. I've gone 1-2-2-1 and have never need to back to base before 6, and even then just to fill up the mana for the gank train.

Now, one thing I'm struggling to find is making her effective in ganks before 6. BUT...I'm pretty sure that is because the 2 times I ran her, the teams I've been on didn't bother to draft any CC and had really strange lanes. Like, WTF strange. Like mid Ursa and Axe solo offline against Luna + Rubick. With a normal safe lane (carry + disabler) I'm sure her nuke, right-click + steroid, and closing speed can make kills happen before 6 no problem. And because her HP should never really be low when jingling, she should be readily available for ganks. Unlike a jungle Doom or Lycan, for example.

I'd really like to get to play her with a logical team comp. hopefully that will happen today.

Mohasus

The coolest thing was this one
successful_report_count: 113

Anyway, after 2 party wins:
competitive_rank: 4327
competitive_rank_uncertainty: 690
calibration_games_remaining: 8

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
How is ranked matchmaking. I heard there is no solo queue and people playing by themselves ate going up against five man stacks.

It's no different than normal matchmaking. They universally removed the "solo players only" option. In Ranked MM you can go up against any combination of stacks or solos.

Started playing again after a 3+ month hiatus...I feel like I'm starting from ground zero. Can't last hit. Map awareness gone to shits. It's weird how much one's DOTA skills can erode after having not played in awhile...

rexor0717

How many shining fragments do you guys get when you beat wraithnight? I only get around 200 but my friend said he was getting them in the thousands.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How many shining fragments do you guys get when you beat wraithnight? I only get around 200 but my friend said he was getting them in the thousands.

A lot.

They probably had multiples of the Wraith King's Favor buff.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
It's a literal waste of time to play the Wraith Night mode with pubs. You get such low fragments from the early waves and pubs seem incapable of getting past the 4th wave. Just wasted like 100 minutes off my favor's timer and got a few hundred fragments.

Arkanius

It's a literal waste of time to play the Wraith Night mode with pubs. You get such low fragments from the early waves and pubs seem incapable of getting past the 4th wave. Just wasted like 100 minutes off my favor's timer and got a few hundred fragments.

I just finished a game on the 3rd phase with 200HP left...
And we all died

Medallion of Courage seems like it could be really good for that.
Could be. But I'm not convinced she has significant mana issues. Early game laning, you should be getting points in W commensurate with the amount of harass you're taking. If you're taking heavy harass, you get more points in it kinda like the DK passive because the regen is amazing. If you can get away with a 3-1-1-1 build laning LC, do so IMO. If under duress, 1-3-1-1 may be required, but the closer to 3-1-1-1 the better because I think your lane has more early kill potential with a stronger nuke than a faster steroid. After you get 6, maxing out W seems to be the way to go. The focus when laning should be getting CS and luring the enemy laners into a false sense of security that a single Q with a full creep wave can take advantage of. If you have a support with a good stun like a Lion or Shaman, that's going to be a kill pretty often.

So far I'm finding my best laning skill order to be

W Q Q E Q R W W W Q R E E E stats R ideally.

With an earlier second point in E if I want to get into the jungle sooner. If I'm under a lot of harass and pressure,

W Q W E W R W E Q Q R Q E E stats R. Still no more than the 2 points in E for stability when you want to float through the jungle.

E just not a useful skill for laning after the first point. You shouldn't be tanking creeps for regen purposes (not usually anyway, because enemy heroes will be around), and you won't really be looking to (wo)man-fight before 6.

For jungling, my skill orders have been

E W E Q E R Q Q Q W R W W E stats R - farming build
E W E Q W R W Q Q Q R W E E stats R - ganking build

Pre-6, I find that 1 point in W and 3 in E means you're always at high HP in the jungle...but 2 points in E and 2 in W make your ganking/kill potential stronger once you hit 6. Generally speaking, in every match you are going to be at a point where you're sitting at 1-1-2 and are deciding where you want that 5th point. That will be a matter of whether or not you and your team feel like the lanes can be effectively ganked once you hit 6 or not. If not, you put that 5th point in E and keep farming towards that armlet. If so, you put it in W and make plans to visit a lane when you hit 6. One early point in Q is a necessity regardless, IMO. It's too good for pushing and gap-closing to skip. I'd be like skipping Sprout on NP or something. You just can't do it.

My findings after a couple of days of test client and main client, but it could change. I feel pretty confident with those approaches, though.

Pick Axe. Should have no problem getting close to the end with that pick alone. The lifesteal is stupid good.

pompidu

Obvious items: Courier, Wards

Then you could get an early orb of venom. Mana boots, aghs. Mek if no one else is making it. Those are pretty core. I see a lot of people getting shadowblades, but I feel like that is a waste of gold IMO, other might not agree though. Assuming you totally rek and get mountains and mountain of gold, turn that orb of venom into a skadi lol. Also a midas because being a support is trying to support your family while on welfare.

OK cool ty

The nice thing about support Veno is that he is not that item dependent. You can go Arcanes and then generally from there it is what your team needs. Coordinate who is getting Mek and Pipe as well if you need one. You also have the options of Shadow Blade (getting into position for Poison Nova or an extra damage Poison Sting), Aghanim's, Veil, Force Staff, Euls, or even Blink Dagger. Basically you need to get the utility you need for your team.

Gonna have to look these items up, not sure what half those are lol. Thank you!

Just splooged almost $30 on cosmetic items, I'm sure the buyer's remorse will come later, but fuck it, it's christmas and these sets are awesome.

Levithan set for kunkka.
Mage destroyer set for am.
Sacred Bones set for huskar.
White bear set for lone druid.
Form of the Great Grey for lycan.
Thousand Faces sets for Juggernaut.
Dark Ruin for CK.
Rubick's sorcer set (the one with the huge cape)

Some of the sets are pretty old but I think they still look awesome. Was hoping to nab the lina arcana set for cheap but nope.

I'll have to do this again next year.

edit: If you guys want to do some organized favor stacking I'd be up for it. I don't know anything about the best team compositions but I'll play any hero you need.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The T-rex sound on LC's W is the best sound in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom