• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nb6OcTu.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYfWEeDawfY

Mordeccai

Man, LC is so much fun to play as. Just played a round against a team who had NO IDEA about the hero. Fed me 10 kills by 20 minutes, I had around 140 extra attack from easy duel wins. Eventually went armlet + heart and was able to just keep the armlet on, heh.

My question is, why are people advocating hyperstone on her? As far as I understand the lifesteal only procs on a counter, which isn't dependent on your attack speed.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Man, LC is so much fun to play as. Just played a round against a team who had NO IDEA about the hero. Fed me 10 kills by 20 minutes, I had around 140 extra attack from easy duel wins. Eventually went armlet + heart and was able to just keep the armlet on, heh.

My question is, why are people advocating hyperstone on her? As far as I understand the lifesteal only procs on a counter, which isn't dependent on your attack speed.

She gets damage naturally from duel, so attack speed items scale well with her.

Sibylus

Banned

I haven't played with her outside of Wraith-Night, but the optimal build for MomCo (granted, in a vacuum) seems to be phase boots, whatever survivability item you need, and more +damage.

I assume to build an assault cuirass and to take advantage of the damage advantage she'll have if she gets a lot of Duel ganks.

NBtoaster

With Legion Commander, should I activate my Armlet/Press the Attack before the Duel or is it useless? (Since I get muted)
Armlet stays on. What gets muted are bashes, crits, lifesteal (except from your passive), cleave, mana burn and evasion. Attack modifiers like desolator still work.

Why wouldn't you want even more attackspeed to go with your damage? It's not about the passive procs. DPS is what counts when it comes to winning duels quickly. The faster you hit, the more damage you'll do and the more likely it is you'll win (or win fast enough to move on to other targets). That's why AC is pretty much core on her. More effective damage AND attack speed = more DPS = more winning. Not to mention the huge bump in armor, which is exactly what you need in a duel.

That armlet + heart build worked for you because they had already given you a free 140 damage. At that point, it damn near doesn't matter WHAT you build because it'll all work.

With Legion Commander, should I activate my Armlet/Press the Attack before the Duel or is it useless? (Since I get muted)

Yes, always activate both before. ALWAYS. Well, unless activating Press The Attack means someone will run out of range. I hate the cast delay that ability has. It's a pause you'd rather not have to have when chasing someone down for a duel.

Zeth

Is everyone having this armory bug? I get the notification for new items at every login, and I can't find any of my new stuff unless I search - they're invisible otherwise.

NBtoaster

Seems like Duel isn't quite a Doom. Lots of hero abilities still work. If something is on autocast it works (searing arrows etc). Spectre dispersion, vipers passives, abaddons ult, medusas toggles and others still function. The only abilities that get disabled are passive crits, bashes, lifesteal, evasion, cleave and mana burn.

Seems like Duel isn't quite a Doom. Lots of hero abilities still work. If something is on autocast it works (searing arrows etc). Spectre dispersion, vipers passives, abaddons ult, medusas toggles and others still function. The only abilities that get disabled are passive crits, bashes, lifesteal, evasion, cleave and mana burn.

Pretty sure some of that is bugged. Unless I'm mistaken it's definitely supposed to disable abbadon ult.

Edit: I'm having a tough time finding anything regarding this. I found a old and outdated list on mutes on joindota but outside of that I'm coming up blank. I might boot up wc3 tonight and start posting on the dev forums.

Razzer

Question about Slark. I've noticed that when he attacks Neutrals the passive part of his ult deactivates, but I haven't seen anything about that in the tooltip or on the wiki. Is it meant to disable the buffs or is it a bug?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, lets assume for a second that there more to this event that is coming within a week, and not part of story that will continued in a few months.

If the Wreath Night became Wraith Knight, I believe 'The Season of Giving' part will become the next event, which would be a 10 player match against the demons of the Abyss. The gimmick would be that you would buy/give items to a player on the enemy team.

I think there is a decent chance there may be part 2 to Frostivus, since I don't think Valve would release the Gems related to the next event as some hard to get prize for this one, but maybe they are. Plus, while minor, the way you tab though the pages seems odd for something that is only 3 days, when you could of just liked to them directly like Frostivus 2012.

manfestival

ok in order to live with myself during this frostivus sale. im gonna put 20 dollars on my account and let that be the max ( :( )

now to figure out what to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom