• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razzer

So in my latest Slark related adventure, I discovered the joys of coming back from a rough start after laning badly against a magnus (I should win that matchup if I am competent right?) via some good ganks that also eased the pressure on our side lanes. From the point where I got my medallion and was almost at basher I just roamed around and looked for kills whilst farming their jungle.

Some of my faveourite highlights include turning around a gank by Lina and LC and killing both of them, surviving with less than 50 hp, constantly locking people down in teamfights, and one moment when we had already won where I rushed straight into all 5 of them, got LC to duel me, then won the duel despite all 5 whaling on me including laguna blade. I still died after but it was worth it for the winner text above my head.

The match isn't showing on my dotabuff yet but when it does I may ask for advice on how to improve my laning and not die so much as I kinda went full aggression throughout the mid game.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/421397580 Found it.

NBtoaster

I think the mode itself will go on for maybe a week. I think people might be a little peeved if they spent the dollar (yeah a buck) and not get the full 500 mins or even a handful of games out of it.

It'll likely go to January 3rd (when the frostivus chests expire).

Hylian7

I give up. I can't win in ranked solo queue. No matter how hard I snowball. No matter how hard I try to be the beacon of hope. No matter how hard I try to do all of the supports jobs as a snoballing hero, you just cannot win.

Arkanius

I give up. I can't win in ranked solo queue. No matter how hard I snowball. No matter how hard I try to be the beacon of hope. No matter how hard I try to do all of the supports jobs as a snoballing hero, you just cannot win.

Bronze scrub
I think it's better to let the dust settle than participate in RMM right now

Hylian7

Bronze scrub
I think it's better to let the dust settle than participate in RMM right now

What dust is there to settle? The only dust to settle is to finish your placement matches, then maybe you get match with people you actually should be playing with.

Edit: I'm giving it one more try. Maybe, just maybe I can actually win ranked solo queue.

Arkanius

What dust is there to settle? The only dust to settle is to finish your placement matches, then maybe you get match with people you actually should be playing with.

I think there are a lot of players that won't participate in the RMM in the future are trying to play in it right now

NBtoaster

Well, the first few are, since you technically don't have much of a rank to base your games off of. That's why they are placement matches.

It likely just uses your unranked mmr for the first one. They probably just reset the 'uncertainty' so you have more of a chance to move up or down for the first 10 ranked.

They aren't placement matches, it's a calibration period.

Satch

Banned
Legend Commander
ib29KzUgP4yyNu.gif

G.ZZZ

Well, the first few are, since you technically don't have much of a rank to base your games off of. That's why they are placement matches.

? No you use ur hidden MMR, you play the usual guys you always plays.

EDIT: i actually lost 8 of my first 9 placement matches. Copper tier MMR incoming.

Hylian7

I'm a little confused on how this MMR stuff works.

I finally won one of the placement matches. My team communicated and it was great!

ReRixo

Banned
just played my first solo mm game and won

but network is down so probably didn't even count

I figured out how to win solo mm btw. Don't have LC on your team.

Here we go!!!!!

http://store.steampowered.com/news/12099/

* Wraith King has risen 
* Fixed Recruits sorting in the wrong direction 
* Fixed Captain crowns showing on all players when spectating CM games

* Added matchmaking preference to use themed or classic map
* Ranked matchmaking will always use the classic map. (This is to minimize fragmentation of the matchmaking pool)
* Tuned quality thresholds in ranked matchmaking to wait longer and require a higher quality match
* Private lobbies will use classic map if tournament version is selected in lobby settings
* Fixed bug causing full parties of 5 players to wait needlessly when searching for Wraith-Night or Coop Bot matches

Frostivus:
* Rebalanced both Shadow Fragments and Shining Fragments rewards
* Fixed towers sometimes becoming invulnerable
* Fixed CM hero selection being limited after a Frostivus game
* Fixed buy back cost not being reset on new game with increased difficulty
* After defeating Wraith King end panel now correctly shows up and shows fragment rewards and allows voting
* Added conversion of Shining Fragments to Shadow Fragments

Mordeccai

Thanks for the clarification on hyperstone for LC guys. 500 hours logged and I still don't understand the basics it appears, haha.

Speaking of which, how can I scrim with gaffers? I feel like solo queing is just leaving me stagnant. I need to start learning how to play the real dotas. Maybe a bunch of you guys kicking my ass and screaming at me will shape me up quicker than hundreds of hours with pubs.

Dear Valve

Can you stop putting me against 4 and 5-stacks while I'm solo queuing. While getting my shit pushed in game after game certainly keeps me humble, it's not fucking fun.

Sincerely,

Thagomizer

Mordeccai

Can anybody else not find a match? I get a pop up that says "Please select a map preference. Select both maps if you have no preference."

But there is nothing for me to select a map with? I see no option anywhere.

edit: nevermind, found it. It's hidden under the preferences tab. And if I had scrolled down the thread, Sigismundo would have had my back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom