• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Did they remove the option to not match against parties?

Yes they did.

I've been matched against nothing but 4 and 5 stacks but the system accommodates for the extra coordination that stack groups have, so you almost always get put with lesser-skilled opponents.

Matches usually end up the same way: we win laning phase because we have more skilled individuals, they clam up and stick as 5 in/around their own jungle and avoid all fights unless it's a 5v2 or 5v3 and regain a bit of the level difference. We eventually win but it takes a long time.

Yes they did.

I've been matched against nothing but 4 and 5 stacks but the system accommodates for the extra coordination that stack groups have, so you almost always get put with lesser-skilled opponents.

Matches usually end up the same way: we win laning phase because we have more skilled individuals, they clam up and stick as 5 in/around their own jungle and avoid all fights unless it's a 5v2 or 5v3 and regain a bit of the level difference. We eventually win but it takes a long time.

WOT.

this just ruined my fun, I'm done for a while. Thanks valve.

Less Phantom Fragments, rebalanced so you get more early on, but less later on
G0UIcia.png

I ran the numbers twice because I thought they were improving the rewards not decreasing them.

The only thing this really addresses is losing half way through New game +/++ it should now be somewhat more comparable to doing well on normal.

But still those items seem so far away.

BeesEight

Dear Valve

Can you stop putting me against 4 and 5-stacks while I'm solo queuing. While getting my shit pushed in game after game certainly keeps me humble, it's not fucking fun.

Sincerely,

Thagomizer

Just won against a five stack. And I'm at the point where they bloody co-ordinated. Roaming Mirana is seriously the most annoying thing ever. But winning has never tasted so delicious.

Tobe

it is beyond stupid that they release garran after ti3. holy balls, that shit dropped so much im fucking pissed.

so just broke my frost tegu, and i cant give my shag the gems wtf?

ranked captain's draft is broken. you can pick any hero (some are greyed out but you can still pick them. i think the grey heroes were supposed to be the ones available). except the draft happens as if it's cd, which means you only get 2 bans for the entire cast and you have like 2:30 minutes to ban+pick

might as well as just call it captain's shit atm. i don't understand how valve doesn't test these things before they send the patch live. it's absurd. on the upside i had a captain's draft game where i could pick legion commander

also anyone who plays ranked ap is setting themselves up for disappointment. they should've just made rd with the hero pool from cm the other mode instead of ap. people will pick the most imbalanced shit and their best heroes every game just to get a better rank. i'd rather play least played on unranked mm than ap on ranked. that's how bad it is. any mode would've been better than ap for ranked tbh, even ar or sd

KingKong

also anyone who plays ranked ap is setting themselves up for disappointment. they should've just made rd with the hero pool from cm the other mode instead of ap. people will pick the most imbalanced shit and their best heroes every game just to get a better rank. i'd rather play least played on unranked mm than ap on ranked. that's how bad it is. any mode would've been better than ap for ranked tbh, even ar or sd

Yeah I went back to random/single draft after a few games. I suppose I'll get 10 games in at some point so I get my number but the games I played were really big stomps (won one, lost one). I know it's supposed to calibrate things and all that and dotabuff profile isn't a great indicator, but when one game 8/10 people have a dotabuff profile and the second only 2 do, something is off

ranked captain's draft is broken. you can pick any hero (some are greyed out but you can still pick them. i think the grey heroes were supposed to be the ones available). except the draft happens as if it's cd, which means you only get 2 bans for the entire cast and you have like 2:30 minutes to ban+pick

might as well as just call it captain's shit atm. i don't understand how valve doesn't test these things before they send the patch live. it's absurd. on the upside i had a captain's draft game where i could pick legion commander

valve asks you to help test it in the test client

you failed them :(

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I have to imagine/hope that there is something more to this holiday event. If not it's just truly poorly designed as far as the fragments are concerned. Crafting just one Relic item would be a pretty gargantuan task, much less trying to collect all or several.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I have to imagine/hope that there is something more to this holiday event. If not it's just truly poorly designed as far as the fragments are concerned. Crafting just one Relic item would be a pretty gargantuan task, much less trying to collect all or several.

Doesn't seem to be that bad. Just buy the cheapest chests with the Phantom Fragments and use those as fodder to craft the relics. At the end you'll probablyt have surplus of Shining Fragments you could trade in for Ostuaries.

Obviously it's not the free item give aways of Diretide and Greeviling but it's actually fun this time.

According to Greenmarine on SA, the overall phantom fragment reduction is a bug, and will be fixed, hopefully along with the inability to transfer shining fragments.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Doesn't seem to be that bad. Just buy the cheapest chests with the Phantom Fragments and use those as fodder to craft the relics. At the end you'll probablyt have surplus of Shining Fragments you could trade in for Ostuaries.

Obviously it's not the free item give aways of Diretide and Greeviling but it's actually fun this time.

Phantom fragment chests give Frozen items? My understanding was they only came from the 25k Shining chests.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Phantom fragment chests give Frozen items? My understanding was they only came from the 25k Shining chests.

Everything you get from the Wraith Night chests have the prefix "Frozen".
Cyborgmatt said:
This special recipe will require the input of five items of the new rarity "Frozen" (Frozen items are acquired from any of the other Wraith Night reward chests) and it will produce one of the following new items with the "Corrupted" rarity.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
New Wraith King Lore:
For untold years, King Ostarion built a kingdom from the remains of his enemies. It was an obsessive's errand, done to pass the long eternities of a monarchy that seemed fated never to end. He believed that as long as he built up the towers of his palace, he could not die. But eventually he learned that he had been deluded... that bone itself could perish. Deeply mistrustful of flesh, he sought a more permanent way of extending his reign, and at last settled on pursuit of wraith energy, a form of pure spirit given off by certain dark souls at death. Should he infuse himself with Wraith Essence, he thought he might create a body as luminous and eternal as his ego. On the millennial solstice known as Wraith-Night, he submitted to a rite of transformation, compelling his subjects to harvest enough souls to fuel his ambition for immortality. No one knows how many of his champions died, for the only survivor who mattered was the Wraith King who rose with the sun on the following morn. Now he rarely spends a moment on his glowing throne--but strides out with sword drawn, demanding a fealty that extends far beyond death.

Also, for the exchange rate for fragments is 1000 Shining for 500 Phantom fragments.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Seems to me the perfect team is Axe, Omniknight, Windrunner, Legion Commander + a fifth (I like Shadow Shaman, or Jugg, or SF)

Axe with chainmail and a heart or two will tank like nothing else. Tank all da bears!

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Have an extra Warlock scroll from the Frostivus chest with Gold Spent gem. Anybody want to trade another chest item for it 1:1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom