• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like Valve using resources on heroes not in CM and not going to be in CM probably ever. As much as I want WW and Oracle and like Earth Spirit, I'd rather they finish the CM heroes before diving into those "bonus" heroes.

Although I think IceFrog is being too conservative with holding WW out of CM.
The goal is to get everyone in CM was my understanding. Don't know why you'd say they're never going to make it.

Speaking of Venge, I bought a Dota 2 gift card yesterday at Gamestop and they use Venge as the art on it.

I guess they stuck the hot ghost lady to compete with the LoL cards that do exactly the same thing. I would have preferred Bounty Hunter or some other hero that has cool art (they just used the art from Venge's card). The person the gift is for doesn't even play Venge... or even support :/

The goal is to get everyone in CM was my understanding. Don't know why you'd say they're never going to make it.
The concept of a 5 man NP's TP seems incredibly hard to not break for Pitlord. He's probably several remakes away from CM.

Zet's whole concept seems hard to balance too, look at a similar hero (Meepo) and see how challenging it is to get multiple heroes working well and balanced.

Earth Spirit will probably be nuked from Orbit and then added to CM within a year or so. He doesn't seem like he'd be hard to balance

As far as I understand it, Winter Wyvern is fine. Not sure why he isn't in CM yet.

Oracle is entirely possible to balance. I imagine just tweaking his numbers would be sufficient.

I mean, for most of these we're looking at 1-2 years minimum before they're CM ready. And that 1-2 years could have been spent adding the 3 remaining CM heroes they have.

Although stranger things have happened. Pheonix, after all these years, is finally in CM.

They're at the home stretch for CM. Just Techies, Terrorblade and Pheonix. Being so close to this goal, I'd prefer them over "bonus" heroes like everyone else.

K.Sabot

Dota 2 was a much more wholesome game before Three Sprits, I'm just glad it hasn't affected competitive play as of yet.

Once techies are in though, the shit will hit the fan.

Avallon

Can anyone take an in-game screenshot of what this set looks like now? I'm considering buying it, but the Pudge remodel may dissuade me.

SE4I8DZ.png

manfestival

I'm not even seeing him picked up much anyway, tbh.
And only 1 in 5 seem to know how to play him properly, the rest fail horribly.

lol my friend loves picking him and in teamfights he kicks me out of the fight, which ends up causing us to lose most of the time. Its absolutely rage inducing and I yell at him and he feels bad but... man... those throws from his ES

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm at work, what the fuck happened?!

VG had over 20k xp and gold lead.
VG had all Tier 2s up.
Titan had no outer towers and mid rax exposed.
VG went 5 mid.
Meracle, alone as Morph, took T2 top, T3 top, top RAX, T4 and Throne.

(VG got Titan rax same time Meracle got their rax. The VG supports were pretty awesome at interrupting any TPs.)

inkls

VG had all Tier 2s up.
VG went 5 mid.

(VG got Titan rax same time Meracle got their rax. The VG supports were pretty awesome at interrupting any TPs.)

VG getting renamed as EG?

The concept of a 5 man NP's TP seems incredibly hard to not break for Pitlord. He's probably several remakes away from CM.

Zet's whole concept seems hard to balance too, look at a similar hero (Meepo) and see how challenging it is to get multiple heroes working well and balanced.

Earth Spirit will probably be nuked from Orbit and then added to CM within a year or so. He doesn't seem like he'd be hard to balance

As far as I understand it, Winter Wyvern is fine. Not sure why he isn't in CM yet.

Oracle is entirely possible to balance. I imagine just tweaking his numbers would be sufficient.

I mean, for most of these we're looking at 1-2 years minimum before they're CM ready. And that 1-2 years could have been spent adding the 3 remaining CM heroes they have.

Although stranger things have happened. Pheonix, after all these years, is finally in CM.

They're at the home stretch for CM. Just Techies, Terrorblade and Pheonix. Being so close to this goal, I'd prefer them over "bonus" heroes like everyone else.
I can understand that. Makes sense (I think hope some of the times are a bit pessimistic, but time will tell) why you'd want it like that.

but i gotta look out for number 1 and he wants to play zet asap
Meracle Morphling back for Game 3. Oh my.
and people said morphling was worthless

Zeth

Can anyone take an in-game screenshot of what this set looks like now? I'm considering buying it, but the Pudge remodel may dissuade me.

SE4I8DZ.png

Looks like this now:
noTQICv.jpg

Spend $6 on the Bloodstained Britches to cover up the travesty that is his remodel:
Z9exFmf.jpg

BeesEight

I don't think balancing these heroes for CM is going to be quite as difficult as you suggest. I mean, you can paint almost any hero to sound overpowered.

For example: There's a hero with a built in Aegis! And when he respawns he slows everyone around him by 50%. And it's on a sixty second cooldown! How will he ever get into CM?

Honestly, I suspect the heroes that get ported into Dota 2 to transition quickly into captain's mode. Surely it's a lot easier to gather data on the heroes given the amount of information Valve can pull from games. I'll be very surprised if Kaolin isn't in the pool by the next TI.

(And this isn't even touching the argument that heroes in captain's mode arguably aren't completely balanced given the patch history.)

ACE 1991

Why do I get matched with players who are clearly worse than me (not a humble brag, I'm almost always significantly better than anyone else on my team) during my placement matches for ranked? I've lost all three games now due to being matched with players who have no idea what the fuck they're doing.

Nymerio

VG had all Tier 2s up.
VG went 5 mid.

Holy shit, i gotta see this. Is the vod up?

For example: There's a hero with a built in Aegis! And when he respawns he slows everyone around him by 50%. And it's on a sixty second cooldown! How will he ever get into CM?

he has a built in vlads and cyrstalis as well

Also your post brings up some other stuff. How much does the data that he can now collect from Dota 2 which he couldn't in the first one (as easily possibly) effect the balancing. I would imagine a lot, but who knows, might still be going off of 'feels' and whatnot.

Vaporak

Why do I get matched with players who are clearly worse than me (not a humble brag, I'm almost always significantly better than anyone else on my team) during my placement matches for ranked? I've lost all three games now due to being matched with players who have no idea what the fuck they're doing.

I'm not quite sure how to tell you this, but this isn't true unless you are purposefully grouping with people you know are worse than you.

Artanisix

Personally I prefer to pay $15 a month for my grinds.

damn damn damn

Pit Lord's ultimate is hardly broken. It's over 2 minutes cooldown and it isn't practical to use.

ElyrionX

I should just play CM exclusively from now on. She is clearly the best hero I've got. And as a support and being further away from the epicenter of most fights gives me valuable time to think and analyze the situation before casting my spells. I am not great at carries and initiators because I have terrible reflexes and get flustered into tunnel vision too easily.

I should just play CM exclusively from now on. She is clearly the best hero I've got. And as a support and being further away from the epicenter of most fights gives me valuable time to think and analyze the situation before casting my spells. I am not great at carries and initiators because I have terrible reflexes and get flustered into tunnel vision too easily.

Useful to play all types or roles to be honest, which will benefit the way you play CM as well.

Just be mindful that it might be painful a bit early, but you really have to give it a go.

Razzer

Play Slark, even bad players like me can dominate with him, dude is fucking broken (or at least for me it feels like it). Just pouncing around without a care in the world, it's much fun.

M.D

Whats up with the waiting times? Trying to get a solo que ranked match, waited 18 minutes but then I see its supposed to take about 4 minutes (was usually 10 minutes before when it worked)

Waited another 10 minutes, still nothing..

So I've been out of the loop, I know mirana and more may be added to wraith night, but what's this about new types of enemies?

I'm going to jump on the crazy wagon and say that these are demons. Valve wouldn't have had the oversight to add corrupted weapons and add the soul insignia on the teaser page to not have some sort of event up their sleeves.

manfestival

can someone explain all this rare talk? I watch these streams from the tournaments and just likethis na'vi one. suddenly everyone was like EASY RARES! Is there a betting system or do you get rares for supporting a team somehow before a match?

Demoli

Finally finished my AZ challenge. I'm never picking CK again.

Some games i had to pick toher carachters due to someone having already picked it.

can someone explain all this rare talk? I watch these streams from the tournaments and just likethis na'vi one. suddenly everyone was like EASY RARES! Is there a betting system or do you get rares for supporting a team somehow before a match?

You can bet on Dota 2 Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom