• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Ok Jungle tresdin officially sucks. Too much strain on your team and you come online too late , you don't do much even with a 6:30 min blink, you're no bat or enigma who can wreck teamfights, you're a carry that need to snowball. She's much better in a lane with heal and nuke, nuke dispelling shields and whatsnot is really decent. I'd like to try her mid, but she has the usual problem of being fairly useless in teamfights even with some early levels.

That's how I see it. You can put her in the jungle and she won't starve, but she's the perfect example of a snowball hero, I think. She has solid skills for laning and ganking and her ult is snowballing personified. Win your duels and she has automatic crazy damage late game.
For starters, you don't build a blink on Tresdin as a core item. She has an ability that makes her run fast as hell in her Q, so you can catch up to guys and duel them. Obviously like any jungler, it's best if your team can accommodate it (have someone capable of soloing safe or off lane) so you're only putting strain on your team if they're incapable of dealing without you.

She doesn't have the mana pool to spam nukes in a lane, not to mention if you want it to do worthwhile damage with it you have to push the lane a LOT. That said, she can probably lane anywhere easy enough as long as it's not a solo side lane. Jungling with her is just a good way to spread the xp/farm out until you hit level 6 and can start ganking.

She's definitely useful in a lane before level 6, but jungle farming is EASY (at level 1 you can take hard/med camps while AFK) and more profitable unless you're getting free farm in a safe lane, so ganking from the jungle at level 6 with 1221 and Treads is totally viable and you will still snowball.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Anyone up for some wraith night? Getting tired of teammates who don't defend towers and struggle at the 2nd round...

Add me on Steam and I'll join you for some matches when I get off work.

Granadier

For starters, you don't build a blink on Tresdin as a core item. She has an ability that makes her run fast as hell in her Q, so you can catch up to guys and duel them. Obviously like any jungler, it's best if your team can accommodate it (have someone capable of soloing safe or off lane) so you're only putting strain on your team if they're incapable of dealing without you.

She doesn't have the mana pool to spam nukes in a lane, not to mention if you want it to do worthwhile damage with it you have to push the lane a LOT. That said, she can probably lane anywhere easy enough as long as it's not a solo side lane. Jungling with her is just a good way to spread the xp/farm out until you hit level 6 and can start ganking.

She's definitely useful in a lane before level 6, but jungle farming is EASY (at level 1 you can take hard/med camps while AFK) and more profitable unless you're getting free farm in a safe lane, so ganking from the jungle at level 6 with 1221 and Treads is totally viable and you will still snowball.
yea. she just needs a proper comp. like, a safe lane with a disabler like Lion or Sven. ganks become free and easy as hell.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
For starters, you don't build a blink on Tresdin as a core item. She has an ability that makes her run fast as hell in her Q, so you can catch up to guys and duel them.

Blink is core, the Ult has pretty much zero range and your Q isn't always dependable.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I feel just a tiny bit guilty for drafting a team of Void, Death Prophet, Disruptor, Ember Spirit, and Earthshaker. We ended up going something like 50-7. They never stood a chance.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Blink is core, the Ult has pretty much zero range and your Q isn't always dependable.
150 range > 0. And how is it not dependable? Even if you just hit your target with it 9% for 7 seconds is more than enough to catch most heroes unless your positioning sucks. Also unless you're playing 5 carry Russian Dota, it's usually not hard to find at least one person on your team with some kind of slow, stun or disable that can help you gank. If you're having that hard a time you can try Phase boots over treads, but I honestly haven't had any trouble initiating duels without blink.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
And how is it not dependable?

It requires you have something in range to use? You're also give away the fact that you're there by running right at them, you can get stunned before you get in range, you give people time to react.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Pro-tip for LC players:

Don't open with Duel unless you know you can kill them by yourself or you're using it as a stun.

Duel is for half life or lower depending on the HP of the target and everyone's relative positions. You can't just open with Duel and expect it to stick.

Kard8p3

Pro-tip for LC players:

Don't open with Duel unless you know you can kill them by yourself or you're using it as a stun.

Duel is for half life or lower depending on the HP of the target and everyone's relative positions. You can't just open with Duel and expect it to stick.

There are people who do this?? :(

Quesa

Pro-tip for LC players:

There's been at least three LCs I've played with and against that couldn't figure this out. I swear, she's like Ken in the early days of SFIV -- everyone thinks they can play her, but yeah no.

bounchfx

so people apparently hate this so far, but it was fun to make and I was happy to help ixmike out for their new tournament in january: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=204646092

i'm curious to hear your opinion, guys.

my (personal) stance is that I've spent enough time on couriers as well as silly/happy submissions. I have one more courier I'm working on now but then I'm going to be doing some "serious" entries - Earth Spirit and Shadow Demon are coming, both before the end of January, as well as some singles. After that, got a pretty big one planned.

but yeah. Mike - love/hate? too silly? too colorful? too LoL? doesn't fit with lore? gg no re kthxbai~?

Thanks! :D

Quesa

so people apparently hate this so far, but it was fun to make and I was happy to help ixmike out for their new tournament in january: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=204646092

my (personal) stance is that I've spent enough time on couriers as well as silly/happy submissions. I have one more courier I'm working on now but then I'm going to be doing some "serious" entries - Earth Spirit and Shadow Demon are coming, both before the end of January, as well as some singles. After that, got a pretty big one planned.

but yeah. Mike - love/hate? too silly? too colorful? too LoL? doesn't fit with lore? gg no re kthxbai~?

I like it! I can understand if some think it's too specific, but I'm fairly certain I could show it people who've never heard of ixmike and they'd think it was funny.

Edit: Tested out my theory and I was correct! They thought it was a young Wilford Brimley, and that's not far off.

manfestival

Here is my worthless opinion. I dont like it. Only for one reason, and that is the face. I cannot get beyond the face but I think its a great courier aside from that but I would never want this courier in its current state. Thats just my 2 cents

IceMarker

I think it's simply because it looks too much like Mike, like you just stuck Mike's head on a walrus, as opposed to that CM set which just gives a firm nod to his look.

Pro-tip for LC players:

+1

though I think this becomes obvious to anyone trying LC after the 3rd or 4th dueling experience.

Here is my worthless opinion. I dont like it. Only for one reason, and that is the face. I cannot get beyond the face but I think its a great courier aside from that but I would never want this courier in its current state. Thats just my 2 cents

it's supposed to resemble a specific pro player.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

I love it.
The flying animation reminds me of the Urfs from LoL.
Which were my favorite part of that game.

LiQuid!

Yeah, I think the execution on this is too specific, and frankly kind of creepy. Bronto Thunder's ixmike CM set is great because it took the idea and made it more subtle but still noticeably silly for any in on the joke.

Satch

Banned
i managed to say "im never playing carry in all pick again" and "im never playing support in all pick again" in the same night

its time to uninstall

MLCodest

Quick question for anyone who knows the Dota 2 item market well. I just got the genuine Scythe of Vyse and when checking it on the market I've seen it's been going down for a while. Should I sell now before it drops even more and buy it back when it goes down even farther or hold on to because it probably won't drop much more?

bounchfx

yeah no worries about offending me, because I am honestly just interested in real talk, what you guys have to say about it, so I can take note and keep things in mind going forward. In this case it was specifically requested and approved by Mike & co. I can totally see this drawing a line for some people, hopefully its exaggerated enough to not be marked incompatible by Valve but if it is, then so be it.
I can't stop thinking about penguin and justin beaver though.

the ideal situation imo would be for it to make it in, and people just don't buy or use it if they don't like it, as normal, but I'm also afraid of stretching the line too far... considering I honestly DO like my dota more serious.

geetec

Neo Member
I will always hate veno because of my first dota 2 game.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/4201889

Quit hating brah, my first 30+ games were with veno. Still love his slivering kawaii ass

NivIAaF.png

Not so kawaii anymore, but I still love him

Wes

venison crêpe
Saving this here in case I ever wish to look back and compare in the future:

solo_competitive_rank: 4556
solo_competitive_rank_uncertainty: 752

yeah no worries about offending me, because I am honestly just interested in real talk, what you guys have to say about it, so I can take note and keep things in mind going forward. In this case it was specifically requested and approved by Mike & co. I can totally see this drawing a line for some people, hopefully its exaggerated enough to not be marked incompatible by Valve but if it is, then so be it.
I can't stop thinking about penguin and justin beaver though.

the ideal situation imo would be for it to make it in, and people just don't buy or use it if they don't like it, as normal, but I'm also afraid of stretching the line too far... considering I honestly DO like my dota more serious.

Well I personally think it's fucking hilarious

G.ZZZ

Guys.

I think i've found the perfect LC itembuild progression. Keeping it a secret till tomorrow though, i need to test it in more ranked games and feed with my copper tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom