• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

NBtoaster

I was testing to see if Abaddon's ultimate still activates in a duel (it does) and I never noticed before than Abaddon actually has a face.

PE7ixbW.png

So where could I go to compare my ranking so I can see just how bad I am?

I've been working on some combos as support with her and I've found Dazzle and Bane to be the best combo. Ironically they are both the best counter to her as well. You can even sleep either her or your own teammate to keep her from being able to kill a teammate before the duel is over.

woodland

so people apparently hate this so far, but it was fun to make and I was happy to help ixmike out for their new tournament in january: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=204646092

i'm curious to hear your opinion, guys.

my (personal) stance is that I've spent enough time on couriers as well as silly/happy submissions. I have one more courier I'm working on now but then I'm going to be doing some "serious" entries - Earth Spirit and Shadow Demon are coming, both before the end of January, as well as some singles. After that, got a pretty big one planned.

but yeah. Mike - love/hate? too silly? too colorful? too LoL? doesn't fit with lore? gg no re kthxbai~?

Thanks! :D

Late but I love it. There's already Halloween couriers/treants probably christmas ones soon, this is tastefully disguised.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
bounchfx, this Earth Spirit set better be good cause I need to get some gear for him.

(Loved your Tribal PL set hint hint wink wink.)

BraXzy

Does anyone know what the KotL kinetic gem changes? I just noticed one of my chest drops has it and I've never heard of it.

sixghost

So do most Dota heroes have Warcraft 3 campaign counterparts? I played through the first human campaign and noticed a bunch of stuff that was extremely familar. Arthras seems like the base for Omni and Abaddon.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So do most Dota heroes have Warcraft 3 campaign counterparts? I played through the first human campaign and noticed a bunch of stuff that was extremely familar. Arthras seems like the base for Omni and Abaddon.

I think that is the case for most of the heroes.

Crystal Maiden is Janna I think.
Earthshaker is that Tauren dude.
Sniper is a dwarf rifleman.
Nature's Prophet is Malfurion Stormrage.
Is anti-mage Illidan?

Here's a nice model comparison.
http://imgur.com/a/SIrCP

Razzer

I think that is the case for most of the heroes.

Crystal Maiden is Janna I think.
Earthshaker is that Tauren dude.
Sniper is a dwarf rifleman.
Nature's Prophet is Malfurion Stormrage.
Is anti-mage Illidan?

I believe both anti-Mage and terror blade are illidan, one before being a demon one after, hence them being brothers in Dota lore.

Granadier

I believe both anti-Mage and terror blade are illidan, one before being a demon one after, hence them being brothers in Dota lore.

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up.

Edit: Do you think they will do a Wraith Knight thing when they release Terrorblade and have Anti-Mage "transform"?

BeesEight

but Legend Commander is only in all pick volvo pls fix giff cm ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ FCK HIM UP!!! etc etc

I'm pretty sure she's in Random and Single Draft too. :3

bounchfx, this Earth Spirit set better be good cause I need to get some gear for him.

Please don't. I already bought the PL and Lich sets. I'm poor enough as it is!!!

I'll never understand people that like Dota 1 models over Dota 2. And that's even with backwards winged Viper.

ZeroX03

Banned
With party matchmaking, I'll be playing a lot of games (probably most) with people who are significantly worse than myself (LoL converts). Should I be bombing my MMR in the trial period so it's easier to find games with them, or should I play with my proper team and get a true rating? Don't want 5+ minute queues if it's going to be an issue.

Karakand

Drow Ranger and Windrunner are Sylvanas Windrunner pre and post-zombification.

bounchfx

Late but I love it. There's already Halloween couriers/treants probably christmas ones soon, this is tastefully disguised.

see, that's just the thing, couriers have always been a place for more whimsy compared to the characters themselves. There's already LOTS of examples of horrible/strange/omgwut couriers that I feel this could work, haha.

It'll be good. I think the concept is awesome. I'm doing a collab with Pior and I think the concept will be online later tonight (most likely). Still gotta find a way to dig a new color onto him, we'll see. heh. heh heh.

and thank you! :D

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh that reminds me, there is an unused animation mod in the files called 'Red Moon' for Lycan. Think that may be used retroactively on your item Bounch, or were you not associated with red moon at the time and the name is just similar?

Razzer

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up.

Edit: Do you think they will do a Wraith Knight thing when they release Terrorblade and have Anti-Mage "transform"?

Nah, the demonification thing is only in Warcraft lore, the Dota story of events is that the two of them are brothers like I say, they just both use Illidan's model as it's convenient. I believe terrorblade is like AM's evil twin type thing.

GorillaJu

http://dotabuff.com/matches/10524

My first game of Dota 2 was with some friends (one who was a valve dev and now works for Riot) and some pros in closed beta.

Pretty sure I played a few games before that with Eul, but that was pre-matchmaking and probably not tracked by dotabuff. Used to only be 1-2 games going at a time.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Nah, the demonification thing is only in Warcraft lore, the Dota story of events is that the two of them are brothers like I say, they just both use Illidan's model as it's convenient. I believe terrorblade is like AM's evil twin type thing.

But No-Fun is the actual evil one

Granadier

Ahh alright. Cool

Nirvana

my first game of dota is the best:

yhXgBrl.png

I smashed my first game of dota apparently: http://dotabuff.com/matches/120663327

Carry Bane. I then went on to play the hero exclusively for about 90 matches...

And look at those stats: http://dotabuff.com/players/119128380/matches?page=35

I bought phase boots because a friend of mine said they were the best boots in the game, so I used to start every game by buying a blades of attack and nothing else for lane. Who needs regen?

Razzer

Had my ass saved by a legion commander and 2 afk opponents just now. Spotted she was the most farmed as she went jungle and our lanes got crushed, so decided to make the plan 'facerush whoever she duels'. Worked out well and she got fed, they get a disconnect and one afk, we make the comeback. Dunno whether we could without the DC's though. Most importantly, dark pact doesn't purge rupture, talk about annoying.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Had my ass saved by a legion commander and 2 afk opponents just now. Spotted she was the most farmed as she went jungle and our lanes got crushed, so decided to make the plan 'facerush whoever she duels'. Worked out well and she got fed, they get a disconnect and one afk, we make the comeback. Dunno whether we could without the DC's though. Most importantly, dark pact doesn't purge rupture, talk about annoying.

Nothing gets rid of Rupture, not even death. I think its the only debuff that is that potent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom