• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

I can't wait to see Earth Spirit eventually be balanced enough to make it into Captains Mode. That hero is still going to be first pick first ban even after his incoming nerfs.

Speaking of which, what direction do you think they will take his nerfs

I think probably the biggest one is the silence going down to 1/2/3/4 instead of how it is now.

Also fixing bugs with him will help a bit too. The biggest one is being able to kick the same rock you roll with so you can go Rock > Pull > Roll > Kick same rock right as you roll over it

Battery Assault and Power Cogs don't affect him during his roll either. I'm sure there are probably other skills that have weird quirks with it like that.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Valve's art direction absolutely destroys Blizzard's. I actually have a hard time believing how many WC3 dota characters look like mushy blue-red poop.

idk how you can say this when 95% of dota 2 models are pretty close to direct copies of their dota 1 versions which are lifted straight from blizzard. Looking at the direct comparisons, I gotta applaud Valve for doin a great job imitating/reviving the Warcraft 3 feel and I guess I understand why Blizzard has pressured them to change some models/names.

idk how you can say this when 95% of dota 2 models are pretty close to direct copies of their dota 1 versions which are lifted straight from blizzard. Looking at the direct comparisons, I gotta applaud Valve for doin a great job imitating/reviving the Warcraft 3 feel and I guess I understand why Blizzard has pressured them to change some models/names.
Will you be anticipating Illidan Terrorblade now that Wraith King turned out to be SK?

Lotto

Is there anything worse than the dev.dota2 forums? I could see why some of the dev's just stopped posting there altogether.

ink4n3

Valve's art direction absolutely destroys Blizzard's. I actually have a hard time believing how many WC3 dota characters look like mushy blue-red poop.

To be fair, in dota 1, your hero was accented with your color. That's why most of those models have blue in them (first player).

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
ln3hyX8.jpg

Zeknurn

Any Europeans with a party rating around 3,5k interested in playing together? Since the patch, queueing with my friends with 2,5k ish rating has been absolute dreadful. Looking through my match history I can't find a single evenly matched game. I don't know if it's just plain bad luck but it was much much better before the patch.

Trasher

Started playing ranked matches finally. Tryhard mode has been engaged the whole time thus far:

utH5Sbz.png

Still pissed I lost that one game on BH. Team was too heavy, and a BH can't really straight carry a whole team on his own. At least that late into a game without a primary carry's additional help. :(

I BLAME YOU FOR DRAFTING THAT TEAM TASHI

Since China can't have crates, there's piles of items they have no access to, and contributors with items in crates don't have the opportunity to hit as big of a market as store contributors.

I think this needs to be addressed somehow.

Since China can't have crates, there's piles of items they have no access to, and contributors with items in crates don't have the opportunity to hit as big of a market as store contributors.

I think this needs to be addressed somehow.

The solution of putting them in the fucking store so they can be bought appears to have escaped Valve for some reason.

scratch that, apparently "Demons Inprisoned" counts kills against Shadow Demon and some others (apparently OD?)

Maybe? People don't seem able to reproduce it often, it just kind of goes up randomly. And if I know Valve, this is probably related to something.

This kills the Valveconomy.

They've been doing this for years for TF2. Items are crate exclusive for a few months and then added to the store/drop system after.

The thought being it's still a good value because the key is cheaper than buying the item outright would be (TF2 starts off at 5+ dollars per item) so you have a chance to get the item early and cheaper.

It works fine. Tons of people open TF2 crates.

BigAT

Bounty Hunter and Legion Commander is a really fun combo to run around with. Every kill you secure if worth so much more than usual between the bonus gold and the permanent damage increase.

Haunted

so people apparently hate this so far, but it was fun to make and I was happy to help ixmike out for their new tournament in january: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=204646092

i'm curious to hear your opinion, guys.

my (personal) stance is that I've spent enough time on couriers as well as silly/happy submissions. I have one more courier I'm working on now but then I'm going to be doing some "serious" entries - Earth Spirit and Shadow Demon are coming, both before the end of January, as well as some singles. After that, got a pretty big one planned.

but yeah. Mike - love/hate? too silly? too colorful? too LoL? doesn't fit with lore? gg no re kthxbai~?

Thanks! :D
I think it's an extremely specific reference. Modelling and animation are fine although I'm having a hard time picturing a walrus moving at courier speeds on land. :lol

I've been working on some combos as support with her and I've found Dazzle and Bane to be the best combo. Ironically they are both the best counter to her as well. You can even sleep either her or your own teammate to keep her from being able to kill a teammate before the duel is over.
Putting nightmare on a duel participant is the funniest shit ever.

fiore

Banned
Started playing ranked matches finally. Tryhard mode has been engaged the whole time thus far:

utH5Sbz.png

Still pissed I lost that one game on BH. Team was too heavy, and a BH can't really straight carry a whole team on his own. At least that late into a game without a primary carry's additional help. :(

I BLAME YOU FOR DRAFTING THAT TEAM TASHI
But what's your mmr

woodland

Hah, went back to my first couple of matches to see how I did. First one was against a smurf who went 30-1, but second I played with Cyborgmatt apparently.

wpqLIBe.png

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

http://i.imgur.com/utH5Sbz.png[IMG]

I BLAME YOU FOR DRAFTING THAT TEAM TASHI[/QUOTE]

Yea that PA pick was no good. I'll take that blame. Also, I was missing arrows I hit 90% of the time. Weird game.

KingKong

I wonder if Valve is ever going to add a ladder or something to ranked. What's the difference between ranked and unranked anyway other than you can see your MMR go up or down? Aren't they using the same formula to match you up as in unranked?

I think the calibration starts with your unranked MMR and swings more than regular so maybe it's a slightly better match but it's not worth playing All Pick for

Cathcart

Saw that the recent patch allowed moving the minimap to the right side of the screen so I decided to give Dota another chance. It's a minor thing I guess but it's made a huge difference for me. Having a good time just playing bot games to learn what all of the heroes do; I'm especially loving Legion Commander, Phantom Assassin and Ember Spirit. All super fun.

also why does twitch.tv go insane for darude - sandstorm?
It's a League thing.

When your supports buy smokes, you know you're out of the trench.

I buy smokes and I'm still in the trench :/

Had a Razor last game who spent the whole time complaining about how OP Ursa, Drow, and SB are, and started screaming (literally screaming) at me that I was a fucking noob when I explained the ways to counter those heroes.

Also a Gyro who spent the entire first half of the game feeding himself and our courier to their Drow and Bloodseeker. Watched him just mosey up to blood, sitting totally still as they traded attacks, and then ran away when he got Ruptured, even though he had a TP.

I wonder if Valve is ever going to add a ladder or something to ranked. What's the difference between ranked and unranked anyway other than you can see your MMR go up or down? Aren't they using the same formula to match you up as in unranked?

I think the calibration starts with your unranked MMR and swings more than regular so maybe it's a slightly better match but it's not worth playing All Pick for

Well, it's something. This used to be the MMR distribution (which might still hold true for ranked) in unranked matches:

10% - 1500

25% - 2000

50% - 2250

75% - 2731

90% - 3200

95% - 3900

99% - 4100

Well, it's something. This used to be the MMR distribution (which might still hold true for ranked) in unranked matches:

10% - 1500

25% - 2000

50% - 2250

75% - 2731

90% - 3200

95% - 3900

99% - 4100

Just to make sure I'm reading this right if I have a score of 3200+ I'm better than 90% of all dota players? Or is it reversed if I have a score of 3200+ I'm worse than 90% of all dota players?

BeesEight

Also a Gyro who spent the entire first half of the game feeding himself and our courier to their Drow and Bloodseeker. Watched him just mosey up to blood, sitting totally still as they traded attacks, and then ran away when he got Ruptured, even though he had a TP.

Ha, I remember the days of Bloodseeker. There does come a point where teammates suiciding on Bloodseeker's Rupture stops being infuriating and just becomes hilarious. Especially when the rest of the team knows how to tp away or just stop moving until the ultimate ends.

But that point takes awhile to reach.

Exactly. The higher the better. My score is 3535 which means I'm better than about 92% of the player base.

I feel like that chart is wrong for Ranked MM then, because at least back when we could check easily I only ever got put into normal ranked games. I very much doubt I've gotten that much better since then. I know anecdotal evidence is largely useless, but I don't feel like I'm better then 90% of players in fact I feel decidedly average.

I feel like that chart is wrong for Ranked MM then, because at least back when we could check easily I only ever got put into normal ranked games. I very much doubt I've gotten that much better since then. I know anecdotal evidence is largely useless, but I don't feel like I'm better then 90% of players in fact I feel decidedly average.

yeah but how often do you play with people who dont know why you wouldnt go boots first

thats gotta be like 50 percent of the people out there

Hung_real

how many ranked match have you played ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom