• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
today i learned the -ping can only show up to 1000

if you open up the console though it can show you your real ping of over 3000

don't play with >3000 ping kids

it ends in tears

Seance

Banned
I think that Viper and Brood look better in DotA 1

Puck looks fucked up though :/

Zeus looks boss haah

Dota2_Model_Puck01_Old.jpg

Never forget

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know Bounce, I think your courier may have gotten in as if if not for Mike's horrible attempt at advertisement. I felt his jokes could have been really off putting and likely lead to a lot more downvotes then if it was simply shown off by you and had a down to earth explanation on it. Though maybe I'm wrong, since he seemed to get a decent amount of upvotes in the reddit topic.

Not really a fan of the flying form though, I think it looks to unnatural even in dota for the walrus to just float. I like the animations overall though, and that it is 'swimming' in the air, just not that its magically floating for no reason. Maybe just put balloons on it, everyone loves balloons.

ElyrionX

I've been spending way too much money on hats.

"Getting tired of Augury's....ooooh...Skywrath Sentinel is just 50 cents on the market......*bought*"

"I don't play Mirana but that anuxi set looks awesome and is 75% off....price is probably going to rise when the sale ends.....it's a legendary item for just 4 bucks...what if i end up playing mirana after the sale ends and really like her?.....*bought*"

Shit like that adds up fast.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

"Getting tired of Augury's....ooooh...Skywrath Sentinel is just 50 cents on the market......*bought*"

"I don't play Mirana but that anuxi set looks awesome and is 75% off....price is probably going to rise when the sale ends.....it's a legendary item for just 4 bucks...what if i end up playing mirana after the sale ends and really like her?.....*bought*"

For me, I fear for the gems. I know deep down, I am going to want to socket stuff into every damn item I have. Spent like $5 last night alone just socketing up a Rubick staff to track Ultimates Stolen, Golems Summoned, Quad Ravages, Doomed Enemies, and Rupture Kills (Likely will swap out Rupture for Laguna Blade when that gem gets cheaper)

ElyrionX

For me, I fear for the gems. I feel deep down, I am going to want to socket stuff into every damn item I have. Spent like $5 last night alone just socketing up a Rubick staff to track Ultimates Stolen, Golems Summoned, Quad Ravages, Doomed Enemies, and Rupture Kills (Likely will swap out Rupture for Laguna Blade when that gem gets cheaper)

Yeah. I hear you. I've been holding out but hero specific gems are going to be hard to resist. I was just checking out the gems for CM and jesus, those things are not cheap.

Dreavus

Yep, items on the market are doing their best to destroy me.

It's like, "wow I can get almost this whole set for like 40 cents total... except for the helmet. Ehh it's only like a dollar." --- x10 because of a bunch of different heroes.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

We need to start a support group. I'm about to spend nearly a hundred bucks so I can get a courier that is on fire. I'm trying to talk myself out of it but I literally have nothing else to live for.

Kard8p3

I like soul ring, tranquils, wand, drums, ac, vlads

Phase, Wand, Medaillon is a good start and makes sneaking Rosh fairly easy. Next items could be Mek, Urn, AC and so forth.

tyty. How do you guys skill him? Obvs not greed first, but stun I'm assuming? or acid for harass?

We need to start a support group. I'm about to spend nearly a hundred bucks so I can get a courier that is on fire. I'm trying to talk myself out of it but I literally have nothing else to live for.

You don't want to know how much money I've spent on DOTA...

G.ZZZ

I was +5 last weekend, i'm -9 now. Fiending that legion commander sure brought results to my ranked games :D

Time to start randoming again zzz

EDIT: -10, solo offlane tiny best score on team, 2vs1 top lane against Brew feed. This is hell.

Razzer

tyty. How do you guys skill him? Obvs not greed first, but stun I'm assuming? or acid for harass?

You don't want to know how much money I've spent on DOTA...

The general combo on support Alch is charge stun, medallion someone, throw the stun, acid the ground they are on before it lands. This should do massive damage early game and in combination with almost any other nuke should kill supports outright, and do lots of damage to the tankier heroes. The two minus armors also combine very well for doing rosh early, and later on in the game you can catch up to the carries slightly by doing ancient stacks with acid spray and your ult. By that point you will have greevil's greed, so you can start transitioning into carry alch if you need to ultra late.

Razzer

This is why you don't shit talk at 20 mins then proceed to prolong the game into late game when the other team has an AM

Few things are as satisfying as Carrying with AM when your team is behind, full blown "I've finished farming" moment.

Honestly I'm amazed at how bad some people are at farming. That Sven is 15-6 and only has a GPM of 356. Obviously he isn't expected to keep up with you but his last hits shows he wasn't even trying to farm, especially as his puck has three times as many. For a game that long he should have way more items. Only helps you though haha.

In other news I just had to abandon a game because none of my hotkeys were working despite the settings saying they were working. I would left click on the minimap (without alt held) and it would ping, chat wouldn't work etc. Very frustrating.

Kard8p3

The general combo on support Alch is charge stun, medallion someone, throw the stun, acid the ground they are on before it lands. This should do massive damage early game and in combination with almost any other nuke should kill supports outright, and do lots of damage to the tankier heroes. The two minus armors also combine very well for doing rosh early, and later on in the game you can catch up to the carries slightly by doing ancient stacks with acid spray and your ult. By that point you will have greevil's greed, so you can start transitioning into carry alch if you need to ultra late.

I would suggest stun level 1 and then going acid.

thanks guys :)

Gowans

As Dota 2 is so far ahead of the rest my game of the year top 10 is going to be a top 1.

Also I break off work after today, really tempted to create a lets learn Dota thread for GAF in the gaming forum with other people having more time in the holidays and the coaching system now in, it seems like the time.

spiritfox

As Dota 2 is so far ahead of the rest my game of the year top 10 is going to be a top 1.

Also I break off work after today, really tempted to create a lets learn Dota thread for GAF in the gaming forum with other people having more time in the holidays and the coaching system now in, it seems like the time.

Gowans
Has the worst ideas ever
(Today, 08:16 PM)

I kid.

Interfectum

Played in a match with a Gyro the other day.... the entire game he didn't put a single point into Homing Missile. The match lasted ~60 minutes. lol

ElyrionX

Haha, I am not quite there yet with regards to blowing that much money on a single item but perhaps in a year or two. -_-

Played in a match with a Gyro the other day.... the entire game he didn't put a single point into Homing Missile. The match lasted ~60 minutes. lol

No missile built is legit. The skill is bad and early points in strength can go a long way.

Somewhat common among professionals too although most will put at least one point into it.

ElyrionX

Just noticed someone on my friend's list who suddenly made his profile private. I think this has probably something to do with his MMR. He had only one or two more placement games when I last viewed his profile yesterday.

Yes, I am a Dota profile stalker.

Enco

How do your first 10 games affect your ranking?

Does it give you a minimum rank? Is it meaningless?

So far I have won 5 out of 6 matches I believe. That's in a 3-5 man stack.

BeesEight

This is why you don't shit talk at 20 mins then proceed to prolong the game into late game when the other team has an AM

Few things are as satisfying as Carrying with AM when your team is behind, full blown "I've finished farming" moment.

I love mask of madness on naturally tanky heroes. I've had so many enemies essentially killing themselves on my team by blinding activating it and running into a bunch of us.

Though I die a little inside every time someone on my team purchases it.

Calidor

How do your first 10 games affect your ranking?

Does it give you a minimum rank? Is it meaningless?

So far I have won 5 out of 6 matches I believe. That's in a 3-5 man stack.

Seems like they take your base score from regular mm and then hover around +- 100mmr over then calibration games. After that you win lose 25 mmr increments

Arkanius

I love mask of madness on naturally tanky heroes. I've had so many enemies essentially killing themselves on my team by blinding activating it and running into a bunch of us.

Though I die a little inside every time someone on my team purchases it.

Mask of Madness on ranged heroes is pure bliss:

Drow, Sniper, Enchantress.

inkls

Had a game with a bounty hunter who didn't put a single point into track, needless to say he didn't have much gold or kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom