• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Low Tier
1.09 when you play OD when should you look to go Aghanim's? or is it not strong item compared to shiva/refresher for end game luxury?

bottle, treads, force staff, sheep, bkb, mek probably all stronger then aghs. Aghs is a super late game luxury, probably only get it if ur super far ahead and the enemy team doesn't have many int heroes.

Or just lose mid as OD vs Lina

Here is an in-depth guide to warding explaining everything from aggressive wards to de-warding.

http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=124307820

As for easy supports I would say..

Do you know the basics about pulling/stacking/denying/rosh/ancients and so on?

Denying is killing your own creeps to deny enemy farm.
Ancients are they the nexus? The base you need to kill?
Rosh is the equiv to baron but you get an instant 100% revive for the killer rather than the baron team buff I think.

Pulling I assume is pulling jungle camps into lane???

Stacking I have no idea.

Dec

Denying is killing your own creeps to deny enemy farm.
Ancients are they the nexus? The base you need to kill?
Rosh is the equiv to baron but you get an instant 100% revive for the killer rather than the baron team buff I think.

Pulling I assume is pulling jungle camps into lane???

Stacking I have no idea.

Pulling is pulling a jungle camp into the lane as your creeps are passing so they aggro. Then the jungle camp kills the wave while you stand in xp range and try to get the lhs.

Stacking is pulling the jungle creeps out of the camp at the moment they respawn so a new camp spawns and when the ones you pulled run back you have two stacks on top of each other.

And ya you got the other 3 things right. But Rosh also gives cheese after the third time he dies. It's an item you activate to instantly regain full health and mana.

Pulling is pulling a jungle camp into the lane as your creeps are passing so they aggro. Then the jungle camp kills the wave while you stand in xp range and try to get the lhs.

Stacking is pulling the jungle creeps out of the camp at the moment they respawn so a new camp spawns and when the ones you pulled run back you have two stacks on top of each other.

And ya you got the other 3 things right. But Rosh also gives cheese after the third time he dies. It's an item you activate to instantly regain full health and mana.

So you use your jungle camps as additional minions.

So who farms the jungle camps?

Dec

So you use your jungle camps as additional minions.

So who farms the jungle camps?

Your creeps get pulled into the jungle camp and die. You stand by as they fight and last hit the jungle creeps. You can cut through trees to double pull. The main thing is that it denies the enemies in lane an entire wave of xp and gold because it isn't in lane. They can come in the jungle to contest, or ward to block your camps from spawning.

You, as support farm the jungle creeps while the carry stays in lane farming the enemy creeps under tower.

Oh and if you mean stacked camps, you can leave it for the carry get a lot of gold very quickly by clearing it out.

mingus

Dust is an item that gives temporary vision of invisible units. I think its like 16 seconds. Costs 180 gold and you get 2 charges with that. Basically you hit it and there's an AoE reveal.

Dust also slows revealed units and if a visible unit is dusted, he remains revealed if he uses a stealth skill.

Your creeps get pulled into the jungle camp and die. You stand by as they fight and last hit the jungle creeps. You can cut through trees to double pull. The main thing is that it denies the enemies in lane an entire wave of xp and gold because it isn't in lane. They can come in the jungle to contest, or ward to block your camps from spawning.

You, as support farm the jungle creeps while the carry stays in lane farming the enemy creeps under tower.

Oh and if you mean stacked camps, you can leave it for the carry get a lot of gold very quickly by clearing it out.

Just watched a video on it. Makes sense now. So if its warded dies the camp not spawn?

Just watched a video on it. Makes sense now. So if its warded dies the camp not spawn?

Yep, jungle camps respawn at the :00 mark, so if there is vision on the camp where they spawn at that time, it will block them. You can block them by standing in/near the camp, or if you screw up your stack/pull and there are still jungle creeps in the camp at :00. Or the enemy can block them by doing the same or dropping a ward within vision range of the camp spawn area.

Essentially, you want to stack/pull to maximize the exp/gold your supports will get while giving ALL the lane/exp farm to the carry. You'll also prevent the enemy team from farming your lane creeps, because they're getting pulled out of lane and dying to the jungle creeps - that exp/gold goes to no one.

Yep, jungle camps respawn at the :00 mark, so if there is vision on the camp where they spawn at that time, it will block them. You can block them by standing in/near the camp, or if you screw up your stack/pull and there are still jungle creeps in the camp at :00. Or the enemy can block them by doing the same or dropping a ward within vision range of the camp spawn area.

Not strictly correct that ward blocking is to do with giving vision of the camp, it's just whether the ward is within the camp spawn blocking rectangle. (For example the magic bush ward doesn't give vision of the radiant small camp but does block it.)

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

When the game is described piece by piece this way, it really sounds like Calvinball XD

Vade

bottle, treads, force staff, sheep, bkb, mek probably all stronger then aghs. Aghs is a super late game luxury, probably only get it if ur super far ahead and the enemy team doesn't have many int heroes.

Or just lose mid as OD vs Lina

Do you think midas is still viable on OD or will it slow down that early/mid spike?

GorillaJu

LC beats Brood so hard in 1v1 lane that I almost feel bad. You can get Treads/Shadow blade finished at somewhere between 9-11m because of all the baby-cide.

As soon as you get lvl 6, and she Soul Ring/nukes a creep to create babies, nuke the whole wave, it'll put her at about 30% hp and then duel immediately for first permanent damage. After that its absolute cake, literally every time she tries to nuke a creep for babies it's free gold for you.

Feels good to beat brood pickers.

Kreunt

Banned

wards are considered a unit, if any unit is too close to the spawn point at :00 the spawn will be blocked.
so players will often place wards in spots to stop camps from spawning, to inhibit the enemy jungler or stop them being able to pull neutral creeps into the lane.
you'll rarely see this in the newbie bracket though, so don't put to much thought into it.

Acinixys

LC beats Brood so hard in 1v1 lane that I almost feel bad. You can get Treads/Shadow blade finished at somewhere between 9-11m because of all the baby-cide.

As soon as you get lvl 6, and she Soul Ring/nukes a creep to create babies, nuke the whole wave, it'll put her at about 30% hp and then duel immediately for first permanent damage. After that its absolute cake, literally every time she tries to nuke a creep for babies it's free gold for you.

Feels good to beat brood pickers.

I think you were just playing vs a bad brood. You shouldnt make spiders to push the lane till lvl 8 or so. Spawn Spiders should only be used to harass and get early kills

Not strictly correct that ward blocking is to do with giving vision of the camp, it's just whether the ward is within the camp spawn blocking rectangle. (For example the magic bush ward doesn't give vision of the radiant small camp but does block it.)

Yeah thanks for the correction. There's a map out there that's a good resource for ward placements to block specific camps - at work so I can't post it but someone else may be able to.

F!ReW!Re

Yeah thanks for the correction. There's a map out there that's a good resource for ward placements to block specific camps - at work so I can't post it but someone else may be able to.

dota-2-map-and-key.jpg

dotawardguide_0.jpg

Red - Rune wards
Yellow - Ubercliffs
Pink - Lane/aggressive/defensive/ wards
Green - Jungle wards
Blue - Push wards
White - Very situational
Purple lines - Blocks the pointed neutral camp from spawning

Last image is part of the Team dignitas ward guide:
http://www.team-dignitas.net/articles/blogs/dota/1092/dota-2-ultimate-guide-to-warding/

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I think hexes should turn the target into a small animal the size of the ambient ones on the map (these critters should be attackable) and you should be able to target allies with it too. The awful idea would all be worth it for the fail clips of teams attacking the wrong little animal as the hexed hero slithers away as a snake.

Ultrabum

I think hexes should turn the target into a small animal the size of the ambient ones on the map (these critters should be attackable) and you should be able to target allies with it too. The awful idea would all be worth it for the fail clips of teams attacking the wrong little animal as the hexed hero slithers away as a snake.

Go home your drunk.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So crafting a badge will give you a random item out of all those? So not a very good chance of even getting a Dota item on any given craft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom