• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Axe got nerfed for early game but now scales to late game with that zero cool down ulti if sucessful. But thats alot of mana tho.. Faster spins.

Slark changes to what i think they intended slark to be able to do. Man up and free regen.

Item changes allowing likens to be shared is huge.

Anteo

His ult being able to be interrupted is a big nerf. If he gets stunned out of it, then the damage and stun is never applied, and the ult still goes on cooldown.

Wait that moment is not part of the casting time like Nevermore? that's odd, I always though before the teleport happens it was casting time

Edit:

Nether Strike now uses 1.2 Cast Time

CLearly it wasnt cast time before, but it is now? Since it's not channeling, it's cast time, it should be like Nevermore's ult cast time? If interupted, cast it again! (need confirm)

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
tn7rRnC.gif

fiore

Banned
BLOODSEEKER NERFED - I WAS RIGHT
AND AM ALSO VERY UPSET
He looks buffed to me. Bonus damage? No movement speed cap? Now you get to go real fast. Global thirst? The "nerfs" are there to offset the new buffs a tad. I'm glad my favorite hero is getting buffed
Oh and now with Abba shield and test of faith being dispellable, bloodseekers silence skill got a buff as well.

Totally called that Disraptor buff. Sure it got tied into an Aghs upgrade, but :D

Still trying to process everything though. There are some huge fucking changes here that will drastically change the way the game is played.

What is it they are trying to do with all those jungle changes? Sounds like they want to make off-laning easier and nerf tri-lanes? The pull camp being the small camp sounds like a big deal, I guess it makes chain pulling more important.

I remember when 6.78 came out and there were a bunch of Aghs upgrades that people thought would be game changing but ended up being not really noticeable. I guess because getting a scepter up on a support like Omni or AA is not that easy. But even so, the Disruptor aghs buff sounds far too good.

Some of these changes seem kind of "meta enforcing" like no orb walking while ghosted or using items to proc essence aura. What's the point of discovering cool stuff if they just nerf it.

They keep trying to make Atos, Veil and Euls more attractive but I think supports are still going to buy mek and force staff instead.

Pretty minor nerfs for ET and Naga I think? I was expecting more anyway.

Cool stuff:

-Culling blade sounds fun as hell now, although I don't know how carries will feel about Axe taking all the kills
-Dazzles poison and ult scaling a bit more evenly
-Invoker having 2 spells from level 3!
-Jakiro orb walking

Weird stuff

-Removed mortal strike why...
-Marksmanship nerf, I mean it's not much but why
-+1 armour for Necrolyte, maybe not the worst level 1 hero in the game now
-Interruptible nether strike is too big a nerf surely

Also no changes for dota 1 heroes? Don't know if that means anything.

fiore

Banned
What is it they are trying to do with all those jungle changes? Sounds like they want to make off-laning easier and nerf tri-lanes? The pull camp being the small camp sounds like a big deal, I guess it makes chain pulling more important.

I remember when 6.78 came out and there were a bunch of Aghs upgrades that people thought would be game changing but ended up being not really noticeable. I guess because getting a scepter up on a support like Omni or AA is not that easy. But even so, the Disruptor aghs buff sounds far too good.

Some of these changes seem kind of "meta enforcing" like no orb walking while ghosted or using items to proc essence aura. What's the point of discovering cool stuff if they just nerf it.

They keep trying to make Atos, Veil and Euls more attractive but I think supports are still going to buy mek and force staff instead.

Pretty minor nerfs for ET and Naga I think? I was expecting more anyway.

Cool stuff:

-Culling blade sounds fun as hell now, although I don't know how carries will feel about Axe taking all the kills
-Dazzles poison and ult scaling a bit more evenly
-Invoker having 2 spells from level 3!
-Jakiro orb walking

Weird stuff

-Removed mortal strike why...
-Marksmanship nerf, I mean it's not much but why
-+1 armour for Necrolyte, maybe not the worst level 1 hero in the game now
-Interruptible nether strike is too big a nerf surely

Also no changes for dota 1 heroes? Don't know if that means anything.
You never faced against a huskar with ghost sceptor?

Anteo

You never faced against a huskar with ghost sceptor?

Yeah huskar with ghost was broken, they either needed a new rule for him, or nerf him back. And orb casting inside some disables was a thing so old that I cant believe they removed it

Anteo

Support Riki new meta? Just run around with dagon and silence cloud and never have to even show your face.

And get dusted!

Also, is this on test?
Can someone confirm that Bara is now using cast time which means that if he gets interupted he can use it again just like Nevermore ults or any other non channeling spell?

Skab

Wait that moment is not part of the casting time like Nevermore? that's odd, I always though before the teleport happens it was casting time

Edit:

CLearly it wasnt cast time before, but it is now? Since it's not channeling, it's cast time, it should be like Nevermore's ult cast time? If interupted, cast it again! (need confirm)

Yeah I may have interpreted it wrong. I can't hop on to test at the moment, so hopefully someone else can. Or I will when I get home a in a little while.

Swapped the medium pullable Neutral Camp with the small camp
Need to triple stack now? Will double still be enough?

Day/Night length decreased from 6 to 4 minutes
Thinking this could hurt Nightstalker. 2 mins less farm before first night.

Roshan will respawn at a random time between 8 and 11 minutes after death.
Not sure about this, but will prevent the winning team from constantly being on the spot at the exact time without penalty. I think good change.

Gold for ending a spree changed from 75->600 (3x->10x) to 125->1000
Makes coming back from behind easier. Good.

Evasion now stacks diminishingly.
Butterfly on PA new meta?

Can no longer orb-attack while attack restricted (such as Ethereal or Frostbite).
Good nerf to Huskar, but HUGE HUGE nerf to Ethereal blade. Not sure overall.

Batrider
- Base damage reduced from 48-52 to 38-42
- Vision reduced from 1400 to 1200
- Flaming Lasso cast range reduced from 175 to 100
Gigantic nerf, I think very good overall.

Thirst is now global instead of 6000 range
- Thirst bonus now stacks for each unit that is low HP
- Thirst HP threshold increased from 20/30/40/50% to 50%
When Thirst is active, movement speed cap is removed on your hero
What? WHAT? Bloodseeker new meta.

Broodmother
- Spin Web AoE increased from 650 to 900
- Spin Web cast range increased from 600 to 1000
Broodmother now has completely unobstructed movement when under the web (can walk over cliffs, trees, etc)
As a Broodmother player this makes me unbelievably happy.

Added Aghanim's upgrade: Static Storm silences items, and lasts an extra 2 seconds.
YES! YES YES YES YES!

- Added Aghanim's upgrade: Adds Midnight Pulse damage to your Black Hole. This damage stacks with Midnight Pulse.
I like.

Invoker
- EMP restores Invoker for 50% of the mana it drains from heroes (excluding illusions)
- Invoke Max Spells rescaled from 1/2/2/2 to 2
HALLELUJAH!

Io
- Tether now does a -100% MS/AS slow instead of a stun
Wisp CK meta finally broken. I was thinking of 1 sec silence instead but that works too.

- Sacrifice no longer denies enemy XP
- Sacrifice now converts your own creep for XP (shared in AoE as normal creep xp bounty)
Very interesting change.

Luna
- Moon Glaive can now bounce back on the same units if it already hit all other units nearby
- Moon Glaive bounce damage reduced from -30% to -35%
- Eclipse Scepter beam count limit per target removed
Overall a pretty substantial buff.

- Divided We Stand leveling rebalanced from 6/11/16 to 4/11/18
- Removed 30% stat sharing on non-aghanim Divided We Stand
Interesting level change, but does that mean no stats or all stats? If no stats that's a gigantic nerf.

Night Stalker
- Darkness causes enemy vision to be reduced by 25% (affects heroes, creeps and wards)
OH, shit just got real. Makes casting it more thoughtful too, instead of just spamming it at night.

- Added Aghanim's upgrade: reduces Mystic Flare's cooldown from 60/40/20 to 20/10/0
What the... I don't even... What?!?

JustinBB7

Just finished a bot game against hard bots, 6 slotted and 30+ kills in like 25 minutes. If they dust me, just walk in trees (or manta) and they can't see me anymore. Jungling and going for runes/rosh? Just walk over cliffs.

And with the web movespeed... completely broken.
and super fun

SamVimes

Can no longer orb-attack while attack restricted (such as Ethereal or Frostbite).
Good nerf to Huskar, but HUGE HUGE nerf to Ethereal blade. Not sure overall.

Why is it a nerf to ethereal blade? The heroes that get eblade don't have an orb, it's now actually good to buy it against an orbwalker.

JudgeN

Didn't realize Dota3 was getting released so soon, totally different game now.

Removed mortal strikes from the king, da fuck icefrog?

KingKong

If this is the end of trilanes then awesooome. Sounds like pro mid heroes are going to be really different now though

Also is it just me or is Alchemist basically useless now?

Karakand

also apparently the bloodseeker thing only works in dota 2 because of the wc3 engine so uhh dota 1 is dead?

So what you're telling me is Icefraud hates Legion Commander so much he severed parity with DotA to keep her out of Dota 2.

- A neutral creeps camp will no longer spawn the same set of neutral creeps twice in a row
- Aphotic Shield is now dispellable
- Searing Arrows is no longer blocked by magic immunity
- Precision Aura damage ratio increased from 16/20/24/28% to 18/24/30/36%
- Moon Glaive can now bounce back on the same units if it already hit all other units nearby
- Eclipse Scepter beam count limit per target removed
- Stifling Dagger shares the same crit chance/factor as Coup de Grace
- Intelligence Steal is an innate part of the hero rather than an element of Glaives of Wisdom
- Added Aghanim's upgrade: reduces Mystic Flare's cooldown from 60/40/20 to 20/10/0

Cis3Mc3.gif

Clawww

If this is the end of trilanes then awesooome. Sounds like pro mid heroes are going to be really different now though

Also is it just me or is Alchemist basically useless now?

He's going to need a lot more babysitting with his ult nerf, safelane changes, shadow blade nerf/dust buff.

sixghost

I can't tell if Meepo got buffed or destroyed. His 1800 night vision is gone, which completely sucks. Being able to avoid ganks or gank people with blink at night was awesome. Getting a clone at level 4 sounds good, but with the small camp swapped to the pull camp, and the clones not even getting 30% stat sharing it makes me wonder if it's even worth sending the second clone to the jungle anymore. The early second clone and the net cast time buff should make him a bit better at getting a 1v1 kill in lane, but getting the 5th Meepo at 18 instead of 16 sucks and the random rosh timer really sucks.

It just makes it even more of a requirement to rush Scepter on him. I guess it will be standard to keep the second Meepo in lane now, right? Other than sending it to go stack the hard camp, it seems more useful to keep it in lane and help with last hits.

Anteo

So what you're telling me is Icefraud hates Legion Commander so much he severed parity with DotA to keep her out of Dota 2.

No, there are ways to implement +522 on wc3, I linked one before. Icefrog wants you to believe that its not possible so we forget about the new heroes. He thinks we wont check getdota for the changelog of wc3

SaberVulcan

I dont see the nerf, his ult is a little bit more fair. That's it. Oh and he attacks a little slower. But the difference should be 1-2 attacks before the kill in the early game.
If someone saves the stun for the ultimate, it changes nothing. They could throw it at you at the start of the gank and get away from you/walk the same distance before you catch up.

1.9 BAT is the same as Tree, who has 85 base damage. Bara has 65.

His ult is where most of his power comes from, and previously it would use his ~.6 cast time, and then you would fade for ~.4, being able to move and attack during, all while spell immune. So, it robs you of roughly 1-2 auto attacks, and now it can be interrupted. Im assuming it wont go on CD if interrupted, but its still shitty.

Perhaps I am just more jaded then I should be, since hes been my favorite forever, and the last time he got buffed, he was neutered very hard afterwards.

Anteo

1.9 BAT is the same as Tree, who has 85 base damage. Bara has 65.

His ult is where most of his power comes from, and previously it would use his ~.6 cast time, and then you would fade for ~.4, being able to move and attack during, all while spell immune. So, it robs you of roughly 1-2 auto attacks, and now it can be interrupted. Im assuming it wont go on CD if interrupted, but its still shitty.

Perhaps I am just more jaded then I should be, since hes been my favorite forever, and the last time he got buffed, he was neutered very hard afterwards.

Last time he got overbuffed tho, the looney toons charge was too powerful.

Wok

Since the site is down, here's the changelog:

Lich
- Frost Armor has half effect against ranged heroes
- Frost Armor slow now stacks with the slow from Frost Nova
- Sacrifice cooldown increased from 35/30/25/20 to 44/36/28/20
- Sacrifice mana gain increased from 15/30/45/60% to 25/40/55/70%
- Sacrifice no longer denies enemy XP
- Sacrifice now converts your own creep for XP (shared in AoE as normal creep xp bounty)

Pudge
- Can now use Blink Dagger
- If you hook a unit onto an unpathable ledge, the unit gains free pathing for 5 seconds
- Flesh Heap magic resistance reduced from 4/8/12/16% to 6/8/10/12%
- Dismember Scepter strength multiplier increased from 0.75 to 1.0

Riki
- Smoke Screen cast range increased from 425 to 550
- Riki is no longer revealed out of Permanent Invisibility when he casts spells or uses items

Sniper
- Take Aim attack range bonus increased from 75/150/225/300 to 80/160/240/320

Tango
- Charges increased from 3 to 4
- Gold cost increased from 90 to 125
- Is no longer shareable

- Tango can be targeted on an allied hero to create a 1 charge non-stacking tango item in their inventory. If the inventory is full, the item will be placed on the ground. This item has a 60s cooldown.

It is a different game.

Anteo

It is a different game.

Heh, now lich needs to sacrifice outside of the enemy range to deny full exp. And he gets exp for doing that to counter the fact that he will leave the exp range area fow a little while. With good timing, he should still do the same while getting roughly the same exp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom