• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Heh, now lich needs to sacrifice outside of the enemy range to deny full exp. And he gets exp for doing that to counter the fact that he will leave the exp range area fow a little while. With good timing, he should still do the same while getting roughly the same exp

Cool, the hero is not too nerfed then. :)

Anteo

Cool, the hero is not too nerfed then. :)

It requires skill now. Unlike heroes like Skeleton King. =P
In fact, wth the cast range of sacrifice, you could be inside the exp range and deny a creep coming towards you, depending on the position of the enemy heroes, you may deny the creep, get extra exp, give no exp and still get all the lane exp.
Buffed for competitive play, nerfed for pubs. Works for me!

I can't tell if Nightstalker came out buffed or nerfed from this. Everyone is saying that the new day/night changes are a buff to him, but I don't think he's strong enough in the first 4 minutes to go ganking on the first night. Then by the time the second night rolls around at 12 minutes, people will be able to handle him.

My favorite changes:

GENERAL

* Roshan will respawn at a random time between 8 and 11 minutes after death

* Starting gold increased from 603 to 625
* Your gold income is now 1 per 0.6 seconds, up from 1 per 0.8 seconds

* Can no longer orb-attack while attack restricted (such as Ethereal or Frostbite)

HEROES

Broodmother
- Spin Web AoE increased from 650 to 900
- Spin Web cast range increased from 600 to 1000
- Spin Web cast point nerfed from 0.2 to 0.4
- Spin Web no longer destroys trees
- Broodmother now has completely unobstructed movement when under the web (can walk over cliffs, trees, etc)
- Removed buffer time when leaving Spin Web (you now immediately lose your regen/movement/pathing/invis bonuses)

Crystal Maiden
- Freezing Field AS/MS AoE slow increased from -20/-30 to -30/-30
- Freezing Field Scepter AS/MS AoE slow increased from -50/-30 to -50/-50

Disruptor
- Kinetic Field AoE increased from 300 to 325
- Glimpse cooldown reduced from 60/50/40/30 to 65/50/35/20
- Static Storm AoE increased from 375 to 450
- Static Storm max damage increased from 170/220/270 to 200/250/300
- Added Aghanim's upgrade: Static Storm silences items, and lasts an extra 2 seconds

Earthshaker
- Enchant Totem damage increased from 75/150/225/300% to 100/200/300/400%
- Fissure range increased by 100

Enigma
- Midnight Pulse dps increased from 3/4/5/6% to 4/5/6/7%
- Added Aghanim's upgrade: Adds Midnight Pulse damage to your Black Hole. This damage stacks with Midnight Pulse.

Jakiro
- Liquid Fire is now a castable Attack Orb (same cooldown, no mana cost)

Riki
- Smoke Screen cast range increased from 425 to 550
- Riki is no longer revealed out of Permanent Invisibility when he casts spells or uses items
Spoiler:

Skeleton King
- Base Intelligence increased by 5
- Removed Mortal Strike active
- Vampiric Aura now provides full effectiveness on ranged units
- Reincarnation slow increased from 30% to 50%
- Reincarnation slow AoE increased from 700 to 900

Sniper
- Take Aim attack range bonus increased from 75/150/225/300 to 80/160/240/320

Venomancer
- Poison Nova no longer ignores invis/fogged units
- Venomous Gale no longer ignores invis units
- Venomous Gale damage over time rebalanced from 15/30/45/60 to 0/30/60/90
- Poison Sting duration increased from 6/8/10/12 to 6/9/12/15
- Poison Sting dps no longer dispels healing or disables dagger
- Plague Wards now have Poison Sting for 50% of the damage at the current skilled level (When both Venomancer and a Plague Ward affect a target, only the highest dps is applied)
- Plague Wards XP bounty increased from 12/12/25/25 to 20/25/30/35

Viper
- Poison Attack cooldown reduced from 4/3/0/0 to 0
- Corrosive Skin no longer works while doomed

ITEMS

Rod of Atos
- Cripple cooldown reduced from 16 to 12

Tranquil Boots
Active Boots:
+ 85 Movement speed
+ 4 Armor
+ 10 HP Regeneration

Broken Boots:
+ 60 Movement speed
+ 4 Armor
Restores when you haven't attacked or been attacked in the last 13 seconds.

Cannot be disassembled

More gold for supports, Roshan isn't on a set timer, I have a reason to try playing Broodmother now, CM and Disraptor buffs, carry Earthshaker, Skeleton King is easy to play again, Viper has even more harass now, Atos is the best item in the game, etc etc.

Hey, not a ded gaem after all. Not sure if I'm liking the changes however. I didn't see anybody call for shorter day/night cycles. Also, invis heroes seem a little overbuffed with the sentry nerf.

Also, I'm calling PA and Bloodseeker to be the next pubstars. Might make an impact on the comp scene as well. Spammable critting nuke seems a little ... strange.

I sure felt more enthusiastic when 6.78 got announced.

I like it all.

Interesting buffs all around. I'm interest in how the jungle changes effect juggling in general. Weaker camps, but less gold.

Aghs Rubick is broken. Aghs Enigma is broken.

sixghost

I can't tell if Nightstalker came out buffed or nerfed from this. Everyone is saying that the new day/night changes are a buff to him, but I don't think he's strong enough in the first 4 minutes to go ganking on the first night. Then by the time the second night rolls around at 12 minutes, people will be able to handle him.

It'll make him stronger in lane from 4-8 minutes, that's for sure.
I like it all.

Interesting buffs all around. I'm interest in how the jungle changes effect juggling in general. Weaker camps, but less gold.

Level 1 ancients seem done. You can't risk stacking them because you might get the dragons, which can't be kited through the trees.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I like it all.

Same thing was said about Doom and Necro.

You still have to farm 4200 gold.

Anteo

I like it all.

From what I understand, the camps were swapped, so the neutral camp is now in the old small camp spot. So the creeps arent exactly weaker, still less exp due to changes, enemy can steal your exp by standing close. Gondar may get half of enemy Chen exp!!!!

sixghost

From what I understand, the camps were swapped, so the neutral camp is now in the old small camp spot. So the creeps arent exactly weaker (still less exp due to changes)

There were also a bunch of changes to gold/exp bounty from some of the jungle camps. The ursa camp had it's hp and armor reduced for example.

Deadstar

I wonder if the night stalker/night changes are enough to shake up his build. Maybe get an early point in the passive.

I think so. You'll definitely want some more speed if the night is coming on soon. The shorter day cycle also buffs his ultimate which now lasts a good amount of time.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
He looks buffed to me. Bonus damage? No movement speed cap? Now you get to go real fast. Global thirst? The "nerfs" are there to offset the new buffs a tad. I'm glad my favorite hero is getting buffed
Oh and now with Abba shield and test of faith being dispellable, bloodseekers silence skill got a buff as well.

He got his tanking utility removed and his style kinda changed. This change hampers his ability to gank a single target. The way thirst used to work you could get in and get out, and you got a little more tanking ability to do it with. Now you get less ms and thirst ends immediately; it could leave you stranded in a bad spot.

Yeah, he can move faster in teamfights, pairs well with aoe, etc, but he's still going to require phase boots to utilize it in traffic. I feel like the damage you get back is nominal.

I guess my point is that the way I played the hero got nerfed. Meaning tanking up, ramming your face into heroes, and silencing/purging things.

Rubicks limiting factor is going to be his mana not whether he can get an ult stick up.

Tomorrow. No WC3 Dota anymore it seems, this went directly into Dota 2 Test. Some of these changes are not possible in the WC3 engine, so yea... a REAL Daed Gaem, just not the one everyone thought haha
Anteo is saying this is not true.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Tomorrow. No WC3 Dota anymore it seems, this went directly into Dota 2 Test. Some of these changes are not possible in the WC3 engine, so yea... a REAL Daed Gaem, just not the one everyone thought haha
And then ice frog shows off he it's programming God and makes them work in dota 1.

Anteo

Stacking evasion and removing the movespeed cap.

IceFrog will need to be a WC3 map editor god to figure it out.

He made it work, I used systems like these back in the day.

http://www.thehelper.net/threads/movespeedx.119384/

This uses a Frozen Throne with the latest patches. You do need a modified version of the wc3 editor to work with some advanced stuff. Jass NewGen is a must anyways. The code is converted back to vanilla Jass anyways so it will work in wc3

Edit: but yes, I too consider that is possible wc3 versions is going to stop updating now. While is posible to make it work, it has a huge chances of glitching. And the stacking evasion is kind of hard without a system like damage. Or that's the only answer I can come up with.

Edit2; I think I have an idea on how to make stacking evasion possible on wc3. The only problem is the +522 speed. A lot of chances to get buggy if not done carefully. I bet it will be exploited to run around ledges

sixghost

I wonder if the night stalker/night changes are enough to shake up his build. Maybe get an early point in the passive.

I think he could still gank effectively 4 minutes in. His nuke, silence, and passive are all awesome at night, even at level 1. 170 mana for a 4 second 50% slow, 5 second silence, and +25% move speed for NS. Or the 2 supports could smoke mid at 4 minutes for an easy kill. You could pretty easily gank someone like Qop or Puck with the silence.

Another thing I thought of, doesn't small camp swap really hurt SF mid? He can't just slink away to stack the small camp if he's losing mid.

Sibylus

Banned
Mind blooooow

• Blood Seeker trades in his gank radar for gank satellites
  • No more blink dagger restriction on Pudge and Venge
  • Everyone and their mama gets an Aghs
  • Split-fiend Drow is back
  • Broodrunner is legit
  • True invis Slark is madness
  • Earthshaker Fissure even longer, and totem even wompier
  • Invoker legit
  • Lich buffed to the helleezy
  • Disruptor granted AoE Doom as Aghs upgrade, additional buffs with which to make his broken spells that much more broken
  • Necronomicon legit

Christmas came early. Too much to process aaaaaaa

solid mike

>Stifling dagger same crit with Coup de Grace
>Blink on VS and Pudge
>Riki's perma invi not fading away when using items and skills
>Shadow Dance just got more broken

T-thanks Icefrog!...

No way will you be able to pull the ancient camp into lane. That would be nuts. It definitely destroys that medusa afk ancient farming thankfully.

Quesa

Seems like "BREAKING THE GODDAMN SPEED BARRIER" would be a good reason to disable Bloodseeker in Captain's Mode. But what do I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom