• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubicks limiting factor is going to be his mana not whether he can get an ult stick up.
Yea. Same with Aghs Skywrath. It's nice the ult is 0, but how many times can you *really* cast that shit. Twice on a good day. Then again, if you can land it twice...ggwp.

From what I understand, the camps were swapped, so the neutral camp is now in the old small camp spot. So the creeps arent exactly weaker, still less exp due to changes, enemy can steal your exp by standing close. Gondar may get half of enemy Chen exp!!!!

No, they are weaker.

Less HP and less armor.

All of these changes...it's like a brand new doto.

JustinBB7

Also, all these spells being dispellable, doom working on abbadon now, plus doom's own buffs.

This entire patch is just another Doom buff. Aghs is looking better and better on him too.

Anteo

Yea. Same with Aghs Skywrath. It's nice the ult is 0, but how many times can you *really* cast that shit. Twice on a good day.

No, they are weaker.

Less HP and less armor.

All of these changes...it's like a brand new doto.

When I read that "weaker camps" part I thought it like "overall the camps are weaker cause there are more small camps and less neutral so they are easier to kill"
But yeah less hp for the big creeps and less exp is still a nerf to junglres. As Bruno just said, is a big nerf to level 1 junglers because now the small camp is the pull camp too, you can do one or the other, and the enemy can block both options with one ward

Apparently the Pudge-cliff 5 second collisionless state works on allies too. I wonder if that could be used as a legitimate strategy for anything.

Why is it a nerf to ethereal blade? The heroes that get eblade don't have an orb, it's now actually good to buy it against an orbwalker.
Never seen an eth blade drow/clinkz? Eth the carry, orb walk all the supports/squishies to death unchallenged for the next few seconds. 40 damage/attack speed and physical immunity was no joke.

Anteo

Apparently the Pudge-cliff 5 second collisionless state works on allies too. I wonder if that could be used as a legitimate strategy for anything.

I dont know how I feel about that change. If you pull someone with Pudge, get someone, he gets 5 sec free movement but you dismember for 4. Is the 1 free sec enough to get out?

Dahbomb

Dota has changed.

Dota has changed. It's no longer about tri laning, bottle crowing, or jungling. It's an endless series of mid battles fought by Invokers and Bloodseekers. Dota - and its consumption of gold - has become a well-oiled game. Dota has changed. Buffed heroes carry buffed items use buffed spells. Patch changes inside the game system enhance and regulate their abilities. Map control. Roshan control. Vision control. Battlefield control. Everything is monitored and kept under control. Dota has changed. The age of deterrence has become the age of control...All in the name of avoiding feeding from imba heroes. And he who controls the game...controls #TI4. Dota has changed. When the game is under total control...Dota becomes godlike.

SamVimes

Never seen an eth blade drow/clinkz? Eth the carry, orb walk all the supports/squishies to death unchallenged for the next few seconds. 40 damage/attack speed and physical immunity was no joke.

No because it doesn't work in dota 2, you can't manual cast orbs on ethereal targets.

I dont know how I feel about that change. If you pull someone with Pudge, get someone, he gets 5 sec free movement but you dismember for 4. Is the 1 free sec enough to get out?

Vengeful Spirit with Eul's. Is the .75 free sec enough?

Or just throw that Eul's on Pudge. Or, if the $$$ is flowing, Abyssal.

I'm with you on this one... Not too sure how thought-out this particular change is.

Also, Tango and Salve $ cost changes are about to render the current in-game guides useless, even with the starting gold change.

Burn it all. Begin anew. Did Tyler Durden help with this patch?

SamVimes

Juggernaut will be ridiculous now. Small changes, but pretty big ones. Could see him being FotM carry easily.

The ethereal change is a nerf i think, you already want to come close to heroes getting omnislashed (unless you're two supports and he's high level or something like that), now with a ghost scepter you don't even have to put yourself at risk to help your teammate.

Volodja

No because it doesn't work in dota 2, you can't manual cast orbs on ethereal targets.
He's saying that you eth blade the enemy carry so he can't attack your team while you kill the rest of his team with orb walk.

I've finally come home and I'm reading the changes after the general ones and this patch is seriously gigantic.

This is huge!!
The rubick Aghs 5sec cool down sounds awesome! And now with more money per sec/longer ward timer I can actually get the Aghs earlier.

Anyone know the Linken Sphere cool down for casting on an ally?

Anteo

So, dust/track is a form of true sight? really? I though it was different from true sight auras like gem/tower/necromicon

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I think I liked it better when this gaem was daed. I can't wrap my head around the thought process that went into some of these changes.

aeolist

Banned
Guys did u like the changes for Luna? Are they kinda big? Didnt understand it very much =/

eclipse scepter upgrade got buffed but probably not enough to make it worthwhile

glaive bounce damage nerfed but it can bounce back to units it's already hit

looks like a wash for her

fiore

Banned
He got his tanking utility removed and his style kinda changed. This change hampers his ability to gank a single target. The way thirst used to work you could get in and get out, and you got a little more tanking ability to do it with. Now you get less ms and thirst ends immediately; it could leave you stranded in a bad spot.

Yeah, he can move faster in teamfights, pairs well with aoe, etc, but he's still going to require phase boots to utilize it in traffic. I feel like the damage you get back is nominal.

I guess my point is that the way I played the hero got nerfed. Meaning tanking up, ramming your face into heroes, and silencing/purging things.
Well silencing/purging didn't get any change so you don't have to worry about that. As for tanking up, what do you mean? Do you try to build items like vanguard or blade mail on him? I do understand he would receive armor bonuses previously

Nice effect on Pugna when he steals mana instead of HP
UE5adJo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom