• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must be joking

Nope.

Just ended a game where our Lifestealer fed Ursa 3 kills in 5 minutes including First Blood, jungled for a bit, then fed him some more. Ursa proceeds to roll train over us with a 4 level advantage+Aegis.

I tried to pick up his (and the 1-9 Antimage) slack with Phantom Cancer, but the damage was too great.

Nope.

Just ended a game where our Lifestealer fed Ursa 3 kills in 5 minutes including First Blood, jungled for a bit, then fed him some more. Ursa proceeds to roll train over us with a 4 level advantage+Aegis.

I tried to pick up his (and the 1-9 Antimage) slack with Phantom Cancer, but the damage was too great.

Ursa pretty hard counter to lifestealer, but lifestealer is a great hero. Because your games have more than one carry I'm guessing most people don't know how to utilize their heroes that well.

Razzer

Nope.

Anti mage and Phantom Lancer in one team plus not enough supports. That sounds like lost lanes if I ever heard of them lol.

Anti mage and Phantom Lancer in one team plus not enough supports. That sounds like lost lanes if I ever heard of them lol.

We had an...Undying? I guess? I knew we were in trouble when I picked PL, then someone went AM, then LS...And I still had to buy the courier. And Dust for Riki. Bloodseeker bought Sentries once.

All-Pick deeeeppp in the Trench.

I just want to play a carry once in a while and Phantom Lancer is fun, leave me alone :<

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Kp4D40f.jpg

UdQ1VM1.jpg

Latest "real" matches.

Guy is super super fun though, even if I'm 2-7 with him. I've been told to be reported 9 times. Best was raining nets down on a Chaos Knight right after he splits and blowing them all the fuck up, makes the whole thing worth it.

ReRixo

Banned
Nope.

to be fair ursa will always fuck up lifestealer.

ElyrionX

We had an...Undying? I guess? I knew we were in trouble when I picked PL, then someone went AM, then LS...And I still had to buy the courier. And Dust for Riki. Bloodseeker bought Sentries once.

I just want to play a carry once in a while and Phantom Lancer is fun, leave me alone :<

So basically, 4 carries and 1 half-assed support? Not sure what you were expecting but fun shouldn't be it.

Razzer

Don't worry, as you picked first the onus is on them to get supports not you. It's just funny as even for carries AM and PL come under the useless in lane category. They both really need a trilane to support them so you were kinda screwed there haha.

This game was lost from the start unless the opposing team also had 4 carries. 5 melee heroes, 4 of them carries.

And I feel you but picking a hard carry when solo queueing almost never ends well. When I don't feel like supporting I pick a high impact mid, or jungle or solo offlane. Any hero that does not need massive baby'ing.

Case in point: I've lost all of my games solo q'ing with AM, I've won all of them when in a 5 stack as AM(Small sample size but eh).

Jokab

So with around 240 games played total I ended up at 3440 solo MMR after my calibration matches. 2 of those games were close, the 8 others were complete stomps where my team just got rolled (and I lost my lane convincingly all games). I like to play offlane but I keep getting either matched up against trilane in hard lane or that my opponent just shits all over me. Or maybe I'm just bad, dunno.

The ranked MMR distribution is probably not the same as unranked, but it seems I'm too high for my skill level. I feel like both the people in my team and opponents far outskill me in every game, even the ones my team wins.

Artanisix

So with around 240 games played total I ended up at 3440 solo MMR after my calibration matches. 2 of those games were close, the 8 others were complete stomps where my team just got rolled (and I lost my lane convincingly all games). I like to play offlane but I keep getting either matched up against trilane in hard lane or that my opponent just shits all over me. Or maybe I'm just bad, dunno.

The ranked MMR distribution is probably not the same as unranked, but it seems I'm too high for my skill level. I feel like both the people in my team and opponents far outskill me in every game, even the ones my team wins.

What offlane heroes do you play?

Jokab

What offlane heroes do you play?

In these last games I've played Doom, Bristle, Windranger and Venomancer. Windranger was safe vs Bristle, still pretty much lost that. The others have been hard vs trilane where they have at least one stun, so I get wrecked. In that situation my only option has been to stay far back and try not to get caught out, but I always get greedy and want to go in for last hits, and then I die.

This game was lost from the start unless the opposing team also had 4 carries. 5 melee heroes, 4 of them carries.

And I feel you but picking a hard carry when solo queueing almost never ends well. When I don't feel like supporting I pick a high impact mid, or jungle or solo offlane. Any hero that does not need massive baby'ing.

Case in point: I've lost all of my games solo q'ing with AM, I've won all of them when in a 5 stack as AM(Small sample size but eh).

You can't even count carrying in AR in solo queue. I fought with a "support" Leshrac as a safelane Medusa for last hits and got pressured by the other two heroes. You can ask them to stop competing for LH, ask them to try and zone the other heroes out, if they ignore you and continue, well you can try to adjust. I jungled a bit, pulled lane and simply expected to lose because my farm was delayed but hey he almost had his Bloodstone when they knocked down our ancient in 25.

Razzer

In these last games I've played Doom, Bristle, Windranger and Venomancer. Windranger was safe vs Bristle, still pretty much lost that. The others have been hard vs trilane where they have at least one stun, so I get wrecked. In that situation my only option has been to stay far back and try not to get caught out, but I always get greedy and want to go in for last hits, and then I die.

Get someone like timbersaw who only really needs levels to be effective. Once you get 6 go gank other lanes. If the supports leave to help other lanes assert your authority on the carry and if they don't then your other lanes should be winning so soaking exp is fine. Other heroes who can make plays once they hit 6 include bounty hunter and clockwork. Offlane is about being patient, just wait till the odds favor you, they will at some point.

52club

I don't think I've ever seen a Lifestealer do anything but feed so hard he should switch careers and become a chef

Life stealer can snowball, but if he doesn't get early farm/protection early he can be a liability. Also if he doesn't have a hero who intimates with him infested it can serve as a handicap. In the pre-nerf days he was a lot more dangerous, and still can be.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
why do i have to tell people to not use duel on abaddon

i need everybody to stop picking Legion Commander

xoxoxoxoxo

Please tell me she didn't dual him more than once. I can give her one, maybe, because perhaps she has never seen Abaddon's ult.

Bristle is pretty good against windrunner. If you get the upper hand it starts to fall apart for her. Luckily it's easy to do just get one gank from your team. Also she can windrun out of your goo, but if you cast it on her while she's wind running it still effects her so it's really good against that as her escape is now non existent.

Satch

Banned
Please tell me she didn't dual him more than once. I can give her one, maybe, because perhaps she has never seen Abaddon's ult.
they always only do it once! but the thing is, it has happened in many different games with many different people. i usually tell them not to do it and they understand, but the fact that it happens at all (and so frequently) is very annoying.

it's one of those things that wouldnt be so bad on other heroes, but when Legion does it, it's a huuuuuge risk. giving the enemy free damage and/or risking her dying because she cant defend herself or escape are massive losses fairly early on. gold, xp, and raw damage? her deaths are way too costly.

i guess thats why i always try so hard to babysit her throughout the match (assuming i didnt instapick her in the first place) :p

Relax.MX

I get cards if i buy something in the Dota 2 Store? because is not for the time. I have like 170 hrs XO and nothing? i get something else like TF2 if i buy something?

manfestival

welp fellas, I caved in and bought it... what am I gonna do with all these couriers? I don't want to play this much support :( ... and what am I gonna do with the ticket? I just wanted the courier!

9oe9.jpg

Now for this painful wait till work ends... only 2 1/2 hours to go... sigh. elipses

sixghost

If you're playing solo offlane against a team that looks like they'll run a defensive trilane, ask the supports to give you the observer wards. Block the pull camp with one, then drop the other in an area that allows you to watch the supports' movement. Unless you're playing really good players, most people are terrible at dewarding and controlling the position of the creep line, so the creep wave will almost certainly push into your tower eventually, which means easy experience and the chance to actually CS a bit without getting killed.

Defensive trilanes are a huge investment and honestly aren't worth it if you can't stop the solo offlaner from getting experience, so even if you're just sitting in experience range and not dying, you're doing a good job in the offlane.

fiore

Banned
Doom and veno are bit strange. Do you also use a ward to place at the ganking spot

Acinixys

Well so much for the "No longer match you vs a stack if you are solo"

Just played with a 4 man stack + me vs a 5 man clan

And then got blamed for the loss because their NP/Viper/Weaver free farmed for 20 minutes and then destroyed us

Randdalf

And then got blamed for the loss because their NP/Viper/Weaver free farmed for 20 minutes and then destroyed us

A team of 5 solo players will never get matched against a 5 stack, doesn't apply for solo players on their own I don't believe.

BeesEight

Well why didn't you stop all three of them free farming singlehandedly?

Jeez, these solo scrubs. You can never count on them buying all the support items, creating space, getting kills, snowballing and never making a mistake. Report plz.

But yeah, all my games are mix and match of groups.

Enco

Anyone else getting crappy ping?

edit: Nothing like getting kicked out of a fucking ranked game. Fuck these servers

they always only do it once! but the thing is, it has happened in many different games with many different people. i usually tell them not to do it and they understand, but the fact that it happens at all (and so frequently) is very annoying.

it's one of those things that wouldnt be so bad on other heroes, but when Legion does it, it's a huuuuuge risk. giving the enemy free damage and/or risking her dying because she cant defend herself or escape are massive losses fairly early on. gold, xp, and raw damage? her deaths are way too costly.

i guess thats why i always try so hard to babysit her throughout the match (assuming i didnt instapick her in the first place) :p

fam, let the babies learn.

I got my 4 pokeballs. I got Earthshaker, Warlock, Ursa, and Bloodseeker.

The Ursa didn't come with a lockless lockbox though :( looks like they forgot it for mine.

kasane

welp fellas, I caved in and bought it... what am I gonna do with all these couriers? I don't want to play this much support :( ... and what am I gonna do with the ticket? I just wanted the courier!

9oe9.jpg

Now for this painful wait till work ends... only 2 1/2 hours to go... sigh. elipses

Give it this way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom