• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

Stream delay too long, killing my viewer interaction, I'm so sorry Hylian...

sticker,375x360.png

F#A#Oo

Banned
I just got back into Dota. Went on a hiatus in May as Dota was affecting me in real life. Don't laugh. lol

Anyways...

I got a few Q's!

1) How comes all my tournament tickets have become redundant? Can't watch the matches anymore! :( I had couriers stuck in a No. Of matches and hoped they had fixed the match view counter bug.

2) Holy poo at the store sale! Dota 2 has really become a money maker for everyone involved. I bet Anuxi is like Queen of hats now (was Queen prior too) but rolling in Valve money now.

It feels good to be back. This festive mode is pretty meh though. I'll enjoy it whilst it lasts though.

manfestival

I bought it as well, it's amazing.
Its actually much bigger in game than i was expecting! Plus it looks much better in game than it does in screenshots. I got a 3 way tie for favorite couriers now(which I thankfully own) and thats between blotto and stick, shagbark, and now gamma brothers.

Also question about tournament tickets since I just got my first actual one. Do you get items for watching them in client or something? Cause I was watching the starladder one and someone went on a rampage and I saw people getting gifts or whatever but im confused since I thought the admission of the ticket was only to have rights to watch and there was no "item receiving" involved.

Sanjay

My last ranked game was so dumb. Pudge and Skywrath fighting for mid, both sitting there for a solid 5 minuets, lycan in the jungle dying to the enemy trilane top, me solo top against a trilane and stuck at level 1 for 5 minutes as lich, (Got frost blast level 1 to try and help skywrath get first blood He died), and Kunkka solo bottom.

We were 0-5 at 5 minutes in, down a tower, lycan had no farm due to getting killed twice, our mids were low on money and XP due to nether wanting to leave. Our only saving grace at the time was Kunnka's solo hard lane was basically uncontested, getting decent farm and levels. But overall things looked grim.

But Lycan moved to the enemy jungle, I gave up on top since I couldn't get in XP range and just went bottom (And then me and kunnka left bottom when the trilane rotated and went back top), Pudge conceded mid and farmed top since there was no tower then, and after 15 minutes, we actually had some momentum behind us. Lycan was split pushing on his own effectively, the rest just did a 4 man death ball on the enemy, and after 33 minutes won the game. I think the biggest thing that helped was the enemy Mirana simply never used her ult. In the entire game, I think it was used twice.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/433139352

There's always hope when Mirana is on the other team.

xKebob

Its actually much bigger in game than i was expecting! Plus it looks much better in game than it does in screenshots. I got a 3 way tie for favorite couriers now(which I thankfully own) and thats between blotto and stick, shagbark, and now gamma brothers.

Also question about tournament tickets since I just got my first actual one. Do you get items for watching them in client or something? Cause I was watching the starladder one and someone went on a rampage and I saw people getting gifts or whatever but im confused since I thought the admission of the ticket was only to have rights to watch and there was no "item receiving" involved.

3 random people get items whenever something "special" occur like: multi-kills,courier kills,hero deny,aegis snatch etc
If you sign in your steam acc to twitch,you can get items through the twitch stream rather than DotaTV

Russians really must be the worst people on earth.

Russians are great. I can laugh about it when some kid says "cyka blyat repot nob team idi nahui" in all chat or tries to insult me in broken English. When you get flamed on US East, it's way more annoying because people (generally) know English. At least for me.

Arkanius

Guys I'm ashamed of myself
I'm having troubles playing Skeleton King.

My laning phase is fucking horrible with him if my farm is subpar and I'm having trouble rolling after Treads + Armlet, I think it's a good decision buying Drums, but sometimes, it comes too slow.

I also find that my teammates are fucking stupid, wasting my Ressurection time after time.

This Navi Basim courier is god damn adorable
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkScO3scEMo

Alright that one is pretty fucking awesome. Amazing texture work.

Started working on my item for the Chinese New Year/Spring update, but I don't know if I'll be able to finish it in time. If I don't, it would still be appropriate for later Spring in general. For Nature's Prophet. Though if it's looking like it will take too long, I might adapt the ES totem I was working on - it kind of fits a certain theme that works in context.

RS4-

The road to 53% is just getting harder and harder. Barely above 52% now with all these shitty losses.

Should stop partying with people that don't know how to really play.

BigAT

Has anyone ever heard of or had the issue with "Receiving uncompressed update from server"? Basically last night I suddenly had crippling, unplayable amount of latency. I don't mean my movements were off by a second, I mean nothing happened on my screen for 20-30 seconds in a row. My ping was fine, but the "In" on my net graph kept spiking from 40 to over 1000.

wSj6qzV.jpg

I tried restarting Dota, my computer and even my router/connection. When I opened up my console, as soon as I would enter a game I would see "Receiving uncompressed update from server" in purple text. I searched for that and there seemed to numerous people on the Dota 2 forums with similar symptoms and problems, but no idea on how to fix it. Some suggested fooling around with the rate variables, but I tried that with no luck.

iUZCW0t.jpg

This happened last night. I tried playing again this morning and had the same problem unfortunately. The weird thing is, I played a match just minutes before this started happening with absolutely no issues whatsoever. Also, when I open Dota now I get prompted with a Steam Cloud conflict for my Dota 2 files dating back to last night, around when the problem started happening.

NCWu97b.jpg

So has anyone ever heard of this or have any idea what it could possibly be? I've tried out other online games and they work. My connection seems to be fine in every other way. It's very frustrating.

I don't know If I have the right stuff for solo queue ap. First game 2-12 cw who picked last to duo melee lane. Its hard not to rage at these guys. Ranked is suppose to be tryhard mode, not another "click me" button.

I guess I should just ignore my team mates and pick lycan every game.

pompidu

anyway to deal with riki without wasting money on wards?? If you play this a lot you won't notice but his passive invisibility really ebbs the flow of the game.

edit: fot pub matches, since hardly anyone works well as a team

Haunted

anyway to deal with riki without wasting money on wards?? If you play this a lot you won't notice but his passive invisibility really ebbs the flow of the game.
Bounty Hunter is a natural counter if he gets his track off. Zeus ult. Necrobook 3. 5-man Dota (Riki snowballs by ganking lone heroes). And of course, if it's already almost too late and Riki was fed earlier - get a gem.

But honestly, sentry ward money is never "wasted" if you deny Riki the ganks, or even better, get the jump on him yourself.

Ok yup, fuck this. Second ranked game, someone says they're lagging brb, disconnects, we wait 5 mins, never comes back.

edit: Oh ok, random is allowed in ranked. Which means this is basically normal mode with more flaming because there's a number now. Why did they decide to do this again?

For the ones that use SweetFX to inject SMAA:

How do you fix the Blurry text? I thought SMAA wasn't supposed to blur things.

Hmm. I used to use it but stopped because of how alt + tabbing works and sometimes crashes. From what I recall, the text is going to be a bit blurry regardless with SMAA. Just a side-effect. But it's been at least a year since I last used it, so maybe things have changed.

Arkanius

Hmm. I used to use it but stopped because of how alt + tabbing works and sometimes crashes. From what I recall, the text is going to be a bit blurry regardless with SMAA. Just a side-effect. But it's been at least a year since I last used it, so maybe things have changed.

Borderless Window and fullscreen res fixes that problem for me (The Alt-Tabbing)

Bounty Hunter is a natural counter if he gets his track off. Zeus ult. Necrobook 3. 5-man Dota (Riki snowballs by ganking lone heroes). And of course, if it's already almost too late and Riki was fed earlier - get a gem.

But honestly, sentry ward money is never "wasted" if you deny Riki the ganks, or even better, get the jump on him yourself.
You forgot Slardar brah.

kasane

Ok yup, fuck this. Second ranked game, someone says they're lagging brb, disconnects, we wait 5 mins, never comes back.

edit: Oh ok, random is allowed in ranked. Which means this is basically normal mode with more flaming because there's a number now. Why did they decide to do this again?

Thats why i play CM ranked

bounchfx

Whose fault is it that her hands aren't anywhere near the weapon? :p

Walve of course, but I'm sure I'll get shit for it if people don't read the first line of the description lol.

I'm not sure if there's any china entries yet, or if you can even submit with that tag just yet actually.

Haunted

A very vocal part of the community was constantly asking for it on the dev forums.

pompidu

will keep in mind. getting tired of public matches. if the opponent s grab blood and riki and just moan since its gonna be 30 mins of losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom