• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohasus

1 game away from 4.6k and then I lost and now I'm afraid that it is a losing streak because I won 6 matches in a row before that. :(

Kard8p3

So GAF I heard you like DOTA, and giving to charity for kids' Christmas! My friend is doing a 24 hour stream of us playing(and sucking) at DOTA. Come watch and donate(if you want). Think of the children!

Pray for me pls. 24 hours of nonstop DOTA might kill me(and be worth it)

http://www.twitch.tv/travdood

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Been trying Ranked games from past week
.so the default rank for anyone starts around 2000!?
.my rank is around 38xx
.base rank increase per match is a min of 25!?

..After 3500, games are indeed good (lots of players are well versed with the game and quickly recognize shitty player, like me making weird items for hero's or turning supports into carry)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So it seems Ember Spirit can use items Sleight of Fist. So if you Sleight of Fist a huge group of enemy creeps (Like Spiderlings), you can just TP away.

13856494635320cjxb.gif

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Playing mid ES is so different. I feel like sometimes I want the extra mana for harass and kill potential, but you need that early bottle followed by boots so it kinda hits too late. Then you can just buy arcanes without needing to go into veil and I usually like going Force Staff (Stopped going Vanguard) since there's been an abundance of Riki recently for some reason. After that I usually eye big items and skip over things like Drums / Vlads and go straight for Hex or Heart.
Any thoughts on other items that can be useful before Hex? Thought about Euls, but by the time I'd have it I'd have roll near maxed anyway and ES's range is stupid so you don't really need it.

Anyway, ES again mid and man it felt good wrecking a DP.
Looked at the replay...
Also +1 RD

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
That must have to be a miss click, I refuse to belive someone would do that.
Explain the Sage's mask then.
This should be around 3400 MMR. Mind is boggled.

Also our Spectre went Vanguard first, but whatever. Got so fat it didn't matter.
6-0-3 at 11 minutes and one of those I let Spectre LH. Rotating and killing everythinggggggg.
LQUsJbd.png

sixghost

Which side do you think won this draft? I was playing that draft web game posted on reddit and came up with this:

CD
Radiant
Top: Doom, nyx
Mid: Silencer
Bottom: PL, SD

Dire
Top: Lone Druid
Mid: Storm Spirit
Bottom: Leshrac, CM, Visage

Mid: I think Storm should win and gank well at 6.
Bottom: I think PL would get very little farm, and potentially even give up a few kills.
Top: LD isn't going to win top, but he can certainly farm better than PL vs a good trilane.

Even if nyx moves to bottom, I still think that trilane does well vs nyx, sd, and pl, while that gives LD a 1v1 vs doom, which I think LD would win.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Looks like Dire to me.

LD vs 2 melee is fine.
Mid is fine.
SD doesnt help PL that much and is really quishy and that's a scary ranged trilane with a lot of lockdown and AoE.

RiffRaff

Banned
Explain the Sage's mask then.
This should be around 3400 MMR. Mind is boggled.

Also our Spectre went Vanguard first, but whatever. Got so fat it didn't matter.
6-0-3 at 11 minutes and one of those I let Spectre LH. Rotating and killing everythinggggggg.

Shit, I didn't see the Sage's mask there.
Doesn't surprise me that you went 6-0-3 agains't that krobe.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I expected some sort of hilarious fuck up once I saw the video open up with Magnus lol.

That was incredible though.

I love Luna after the changes... I think its also because I dont get low on mana as often as before, so I can spam Lucent beam more. Also sooo satisfying to find my teammates fighting the enemy away from creeps and I just get there from behind and activate Eclipse.

snack

I love Luna after the changes... I think its also because I dont get low on mana as often as before, so I can spam Lucent beam more. Also sooo satisfying to find my teammates fighting the enemy away from creeps and I just get there from behind and activate Eclipse.

What has changed about her?

What has changed about her?

Not much about her (glaives got a small buff since they can bounce back at the same enemy if there isnt anyone nearby) but Im not spending as much mana as before (I think all heroes now regenerate mana faster). Oh and shes got one of the highest movement speeds in the game now, if not the highest.

GorillaJu

I am so absolutely fucking sick of playing against Mirana. Literally 90% of games have her in it. Invariably the players are bad. And invariably that doesn't matter because she has a 5-man invis.

Satch

Banned
i cant believe we won this http://dotabuff.com/matches/435679232

that naga siren had it out for me. she kept pushing me out of lane and dewarding whenever i placed them. i eventually got the picture and moved my wards somewhere else and it was never an issue again.

i spent like 70% of the game with a magic stick, boots of speed, and observer wards because i was so poor

but i got commended at the end for my selflessness :)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Matt, any idea what ever happened to being able to see equipped pennants in your base? Valve said it was added back in September 2012, but the feature never worked.

Arkanius

I think I have successfully relearned how to play Skeleton King

http://dotabuff.com/matches/435709986

A PRINCE NO LONGER. My errors consisted on spamming Hellfire Blast too much in the laning stage, which leads me to not having my ultimate when the situation arises. That, and using Hellfire Blast when someone was already stunned or something.

I'm still waiting for a game to build Refresher + Rapier though :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So it seems abandoning does not effect the mmr you gain from winning/losing, which I find amusing. Some guy on reddit abandoned at 10 minutes, but because his team still won, his mmr went up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom