• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wraith Night is pretty good practice for SF razes, lots of target, and razes are a bit more spamable, minimal pressure.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, 6.80 is likely hitting in a month, I do wonder how many heroes will get added (If any, this is Valve). Maybe they can get the full pool into the game before TI4.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Yeah, 6.80 is likely hitting in a month, I do wonder how many heroes will get added (If any, this is Valve). Maybe they can get the full pool into the game before TI4.

All the Valve bitching aside, I think they should be commended on what really seems to be a pretty good reaction to public opinion. In hindsight it seems pretty clear that they slowed development on heroes to work on other stuff, but now hero development seems like a pretty high priority again.

Had my first snowball game with LEgion last night. You guys weren't kidding about that damage build the pros were doing. Rushing that shadow blade right after treads is awesome.

I love Legion so much.

I had a new Lion player come in and go 0-9 and everyone was calling the game over because he was feeding and sucked, but I snowballed as Legion with OD backing me up with his high damage hits too and we rallied to a really satisfying win.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Not really, no. He was countered pretty easily. You could do some neat stuff with Techies but in the end his biggest advantage was people not buying detection.

Granted people don't buy detection now but I think the DOTA community, as a whole, are better about buying detection than in Techies' heydey.

qbagK9d.jpg

There is only like 7 left now!

Only 3 if we're going to cm heroes (although I think they might add a few to cm between now and TI4) It seems easier to balance the game in Dota 2 than Dota, Earth Spirit for example, seems to be getting more work done to him now that he's in Dota 2 than he did in Dota.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I thought shira was banned but really, he never left us.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh god the one thing I don't like about visiting my parents is their "sufficient" internet which just about lets them watch Netflix while web-pages take ten seconds to load. Playing Dota is an exercise in frustration as my ping spikes whenever anyone else tries to browse the net

Dec

Oh god the one thing I don't like about visiting my parents is their "sufficient" internet which just about lets them watch Netflix while web-pages take ten seconds to load. Playing Dota is an exercise in frustration as my ping spikes whenever anyone else tries to browse the net

Exact same thing with my wife's parents. Though they live in the middle of fucking nowhere and it's the best they can get.

woodland

6.77 came out mid dec

6.78 came out on the last day of may

6.79 came out in mid october

6.80 coming out in jan isnt crazy

5.5 months

5 months

3.5 months?

not trying to start an argument but it seems way too soon for me, especially since it seems like (I could be wrong) Valve is taking a bit of a hand or at least working on the dota 2 patches first now, and they'll be having breaks for christmas and new years, while also getting the chinese new year's event ready

at the same time, maybe they'll slip 6.80 into the chinese new year's, but i doubt it

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
5.5 months

5 months

3.5 months?

not trying to start an argument but it seems way too soon for me, especially since it seems like (I could be wrong) Valve is taking a bit of a hand or at least working on the dota 2 patches first now, and they'll be having breaks for christmas and new years, while also getting the chinese new year's event ready

at the same time, maybe they'll slip 6.80 into the chinese new year's, but i doubt it

12/14 6.77 Released

10/20 6.76 Released

09/29 6.75 Released

Sometimes icefrog goes ham on the patches and sometimes he doesn't. 6.74 to 6.75 was about 6 months, whereas the above is obviously month to month. I'm hoping for 6.80 in January, but his unpredictable track record gives no hints in either direction. Seems to be that big dota balance updates are coinciding with big valve updates (ports, game modes, etc..) now that dota 2 is released, but as far as we know, icefrog is still in charge of the balance.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
18-4 on Earth Spirit now. His nerfs are going to be insane. Viper and Necro stole so many kills.
Combined with Silencer and a diver is absolute hilarity. 14s of near Silence at level 6 combo, nice team fight and pickoff, incredible sustain with Necro + Mek, slows out the butt with Lich + Viper + ES, everyone is tanky, Viper can full yolo with ES behind him to pull, force, kick. Lich just chucks his Ult.

We just fought at their towers after 12 minutes and they couldn't do anything, even with WR, LC, and SF to wave clear instantly.

OfNAR9n.png

Quesa

18-4 on Earth Spirit now. His nerfs are going to be insane. Viper and Necro stole so many kills.
Combined with Silencer and a diver is absolute hilarity. 14s of near Silence at level 6 combo, nice team fight and pickoff, incredible sustain with Necro + Mek, slows out the butt with Lich + Viper + ES, everyone is tanky, Viper can full yolo with ES behind him to pull, force, kick. Lich just chucks his Ult.

We just fought at their towers after 12 minutes and they couldn't do anything, even with WR, LC, and SF to wave clear instantly.

OfNAR9n.png

only killed wr 3 times uninstall

5.5 months

5 months

3.5 months?

the second one is like 4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom