• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
They are not suppose to be exclusives, the ones from the Winter sale are Genuine quality.

Well, valve likely shouldn't have used the word exclusive then when describing them:

The Snow Globe badge rewards include new, exclusive in-game items from top Free to Play games. These items are both tradable and marketable.

To be fair, it does say "include", implying that not all the rewards have to be exclusive.

dmshaposv

They are not suppose to be exclusives, the ones from the Winter sale are Genuine quality.

So whats the deal with "Genuine" quality anyway? I've seen genuine items sell for almost double the price of the normal in the steam market.

All this for being highlighted in green only?

M.D

How do you guys build Razor? I never played him much, but got to play him 3 times over the last few days and had fun with him

Are there any standard items you have to get, or does it depend on what team you are up against? It seems like you can build him in a couple of different ways

How do you guys build Razor? I never played him much, but got to play him 3 times over the last few days and had fun with him

Are there any standard items you have to get, or does it depend on what team you are up against? It seems like you can build him in a couple of different ways
Mek is very good on him as a defensive item. Items like BKB/SnY are good too and there's always Aghs/Refresher if you feel like being wacky.

ViviOggi

I like going Phase/Drums into whatever the situation demands.

M.D

Mek is very good on him as a defensive item. Items like BKB/SnY are good too and there's always Aghs/Refresher if you feel like being wacky.

I like going Phase/Drums into whatever the situation demands.

Mek sounds good, but is there any reason to get it yourself uless the supports are nowhere near getting one and you're doing fine?

I went Yasha > Manta my last 2 games, I was thinking about going S&Y, but didn't do it. I'll try it next time!

http://dotabuff.com/matches/430944262

:p

I only got the refresher when we were attacking the anicent :(

Mek sounds good, but is there any reason to get it yourself uless the supports are nowhere near getting one and you're doing fine?
If you're taking early fights (which happens all the time in pubs), Mek is probably the best item in the game to get at around 10-20 minutes into the game. Also, the earlier you get it, the better. If you're not planning to fight early but you'd rather farm or split push, let a support get it. If you want to do early teamfights, Mek is the best item.

rugioh

Banned
In terms of pub-carrying ability, is OD more effective than QoP? How good is Puck? Also is the general consensus that jungle NP is better for pubs than offlaning him?

In terms of pub-carrying ability, is OD more effective than QoP? How good is Puck? Also is the general consensus that jungle NP is better for pubs than offlaning him?

In pubs whatever hero you play better I'd say. And GL trying to offlane when a lich or lion are trying to get lasts hits with you.

Razzer

I can't play any of those heroes yet.. but I'm trying to figure out which ones to learn next.
Qop has good burst, but I often find I can't trust my team to help me when I play her so she is a little squishy and dies easily. Puck is good as it has a lot of good cc and hank well. Not as good at carrying as qop though. OD is basically a carry who goes mid so he will have the best carry potential. Like QOP though you need to rely on teammates to play well to keep the enemy off you and let you do the damage. In the late game if you have refresher you are a beast though.

Edit: If you are just looking to stomp do what Steve suggests though.

I can't play any of those heroes yet.. but I'm trying to figure out which ones to learn next.

If you're number one goal is to "get out of the trench" and pubstomp, just pick Bristle as he doesn't need to be mid (good luck getting that when everyone thinks they're dendi) and uses the enemies stupidity against them so you don't even need to be good to totally stomp.

I don't necessarily recommend this, but if that's what you want, that's the best hero in my mind.

Serious question, but how the fuck do I jungle with Doom?
1 point to Q, eat a large creep, kill the next one. Go back to step one? Or I'm missing something?

rugioh

Banned
thanks for the tips, I do love some bristleback.

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/c/cf/Bristle_levelup_03.mp3

manfestival

1 point to Q, eat a large creep, kill the next one. Go back to step one? Or I'm missing something?

As someone tha jungles doom all day everyday. You always want to start with the strong camp with your q but it depends on what it is. some better than others.

BigAT

I usually kill a large camp (devour the biggest creep, obviously), then kill a small camp, and repeat. Avoid large bear camps, use your W when necessary for health regen.

dmshaposv

OD - learn when to use astral effectively. 90% pub players dont know how to use this skill and end up ruining the game for others. As long as you dont die/die less OD can become very dangerous late game. I try to only use astral for lane harass and stopping a fleeing kill.

Puck - very fun hero, one of my favs and most played. Play with a friendly stack, since solo pubbing with puck means you may have a nice early and mid game then all goes to shit in late game. Puck is a ganker, and becomes less useful with every minute. Try to push towers and force team fights as soon as possible.

Nature's prophet - in pubs just farming in jungle is not so bad if the other team has drafted farm dependent heroes. Chances are you will be harassed less. Always ask for wards from ur support in the jungle when playing against ganky heroes like pudge, BH, invoker, e.t.c since theyll make it impossible for u to get ur -10min midas. Offlane prophet is better when they have too many ganky/invis heroes since jungling will be hell.

Quesa

Ok so like straight up is vanguard/blademail a legit build for bristle? I keep telling myself it's too midgamey and the blademail's effect is reduced by the passive, but everyone seems to build that shit on him. I wish you could dissassemble vanguard so it could hold your vit booster while you farm your heart.

Pratfall

I was a hardcore RD only for my first 180 or so games, but since I have been All-Picking for my ranked matches I have come around to it as a mode. The people on my team typically pick heroes they are good at and I am able to pick a support hero I am strong with. There are exceptions of course, but I have had some very good games in my placement matches.

Also, veno is so strong in lane. One point in poison sting and one in gale and the first bloods just flow in.

GorillaJu

Met someone who was ranked mid-4ks, who went dagon 5/e-blade on Broodmother, and was totally and completely serious that his build was the best. He kept saying "just tell me who needs to die I'll one-shot them." By the time he had his build completed he couldn't one-shot anyone except the enemy wisp and instead of being a useful pusher, all he did was snipe kills and then act redeemed and fire back at the rest of the team with "See thats Dagon Broodmother, dipshit. I told you its good. You gonna cry now?"

One of the team said "If you had just gone bkb, manta, sny, etc. you'd have already run over that bottom rax." His response: "I have over 500 games as brood. I am very good at brood. I know how to play it dipshit."

Yeah, we lost...

rugioh

Banned
OD - learn when to use astral effectively. 90% pub players dont know how to use this skill and end up ruining the game for others. As long as you dont die/die less OD can become very dangerous late game. I try to only use astral for lane harass and stopping a fleeing kill.

Puck - very fun hero, one of my favs and most played. Play with a friendly stack, since solo pubbing with puck means you may have a nice early and mid game then all goes to shit in late game. Puck is a ganker, and becomes less useful with every minute. Try to push towers and force team fights as soon as possible.

Nature's prophet - in pubs just farming in jungle is not so bad if the other team has drafted farm dependent heroes. Chances are you will be harassed less. Always ask for wards from ur support in the jungle when playing against ganky heroes like pudge, BH, invoker, e.t.c since theyll make it impossible for u to get ur -10min midas. Offlane prophet is better when they have too many ganky/invis heroes since jungling will be hell.

Alright cool. I'll start working on those heroes this week, I feel like I've gotten a decent grasp of Storm Spirit and Templar Assassin so I'm looking for some more gamechanging characters that I can play in trench games to make an impact.

manfestival

Met someone who was ranked mid-4ks, who went dagon 5/e-blade on Broodmother, and was totally and completely serious that his build was the best. He kept saying "just tell me who needs to die I'll one-shot them." By the time he had his build completed he couldn't one-shot anyone except the enemy wisp and instead of being a useful pusher, all he did was snipe kills and then act redeemed and fire back at the rest of the team with "See thats Dagon Broodmother, dipshit. I told you its good. You gonna cry now?"

One of the team said "If you had just gone bkb, manta, sny, etc. you'd have already run over that bottom rax." His response: "I have over 500 games as brood. I am very good at brood. I know how to play it dipshit."

Yeah, we lost...

pretty sure it was entirely your fault you lost

Ok so like straight up is vanguard/blademail a legit build for bristle? I keep telling myself it's too midgamey and the blademail's effect is reduced by the passive, but everyone seems to build that shit on him. I wish you could dissassemble vanguard so it could hold your vit booster while you farm your heart.
Vanguard -> AC -> Heart

Blade mail always seemed dumb as shit to me. Who is going to be attacking you by the time you get it up anyway.

I do want to play more with getting urn or medallion on him since my go to build is pretty static and boring.

BeesEight

Also is the general consensus that jungle NP is better for pubs than offlaning him?

The average nature's prophet pub consensus is to spend the first thirty minutes afk farming the jungle (bonus points for cliff jungling) then bitch and moan when your team inevitably loses all three lanes since you're playing a man short the entire game while your barracks get destroyed and all three of the opponent's tier 1s still stand.

Please remember to skill teleport and always be on the look out to tp in for ganks/trade towers off unfavourable engagements.

M.D

God, I fucking hate Void players.
I think I've seen like 1 or 2 good Void players during the 5 months I've been playing this game.

Fuckers just come in, trap their entire team, don't do shit and either leave or die and cause their team to die as well.

As someone tha jungles doom all day everyday. You always want to start with the strong camp with your q but it depends on what it is. some better than others.

I usually kill a large camp (devour the biggest creep, obviously), then kill a small camp, and repeat. Avoid large bear camps, use your W when necessary for health regen.

Avoid bears, start with strong camp. Rush Midas, I suppose?

manfestival

Avoid bears, start with strong camp. Rush Midas, I suppose?

Hellbears are the lamest but you need to pay attention to the auras and abilities. You always want alpha wolf mid-late game for damage aura and crits. Hellbears are dumb but I will usually eat the brown one to avoid losing whichever aura im using. Mud golems suck but they area easier to kill post patch and you can at least use midas on them(which I would not recommend). Always midas big guys from the hard camps and eat anyone else without abilities in whichever way you see fit. I love the ogre camp cause I usually eat one of the 800 ones and kill the 600hp one quickly. Ways to get to midas are different for everyone but I usually get tangos stout and quelling

also gank once you hit 6 but only gank if there is trouble. Do not get disheartened by jungle ganks but make sure you ward if they are constantly ganking or if bloodcyka is on the enemy team. farming is super quick mid-late game and you can easily get a few levels ahead without even trying

rugioh

Banned
The average nature's prophet pub consensus is to spend the first thirty minutes afk farming the jungle (bonus points for cliff jungling) then bitch and moan when your team inevitably loses all three lanes since you're playing a man short the entire game while your barracks get destroyed and all three of the opponent's tier 1s still stand.

Please remember to skill teleport and always be on the look out to tp in for ganks/trade towers off unfavourable engagements.

What is the standard starting skill build factoring in teleport?

What is the standard starting skill build factoring in teleport?
Trees tele trees sprout trees ult trees tele

Is what I will usually see or do. If you're being really active in ganks and stuff obviously that will change but getting the tele early and one sprout usually helps enough if you pay attention.

Low Tier
wtf tree's weak u only need one point. sprout tele sprout tree sprout ulti for sure. Then you can either get 4th point, or go more into tele. Honestly stats > trees fo sho.

BeesEight

Trees tele trees sprout trees ult trees tele

Is what I will usually see or do. If you're being really active in ganks and stuff obviously that will change but getting the tele early and one sprout usually helps enough if you pay attention.

Yeah, this seems pretty standard. I have seen some builds focus more on maxing Teleport early but that could just be at the pro level.

I don't play Nature's Prophet and certainly less than I'd like so I'm not an authoritative voice by any means. I just remember "the trench" and the plethora of NP's who were actively detrimental to their team than helpful.

If you're sitting in the jungle, you need to be aware that you're weakening your laning by doing so. The pros usually only go to the jungle if the offlane is a bust (and they concede it) or if they have a strong solo offlaner who can survive on their own. Pubs usually go to the jungle because it's easy to get uncontested farm leaving someone like a witch doctor or whatever to their own devices and flaming when that person inevitably dies.

Pros will communicate and the Nature's Prophet is felt early on by insuring ganks succeed with the addition of a third body or punishing ganks that dive by providing immediate support. Pubs will just sit on their cliff and flame should anyone die because, once again, they're essentially down a man since NP's Teleport is on cooldown so he could sit on a cliff and right click hellsmashers.

And this isn't even mentioning the slew of Prophets I've had take stacked pull camps so the supports can't get their own farm or control the lane then block the camps from respawning by idling their trees there at the minute mark. Or the ones that buy Hand of Midas when your team is under early pressure and never once try to push down towers while their pushing line-up five man dota's your hard carry over and over again.

Honestly, I don't consider NP an easy hero to play well and he most certainly requires having a very good understanding of the game's tempo to determine item and skill builds. The flexibility that makes him so incredibly good is also what makes him challenging as he needs to try and understand what his opponents are going to do so he can counter them with his decisions.

Most pubbers have a shopping list of items that they must farm before they attempt to help at all and just rage whenever they aren't given enough time to six slot while the game is lost by them doing nothing but stealing last hits with ultimate spams from the jungle. "Holla holla."

rugioh

Banned
Yeah, this seems pretty standard. I have seen some builds focus more on maxing Teleport early but that could just be at the pro level.

I don't play Nature's Prophet and certainly less than I'd like so I'm not an authoritative voice by any means. I just remember "the trench" and the plethora of NP's who were actively detrimental to their team than helpful.

If you're sitting in the jungle, you need to be aware that you're weakening your laning by doing so. The pros usually only go to the jungle if the offlane is a bust (and they concede it) or if they have a strong solo offlaner who can survive on their own. Pubs usually go to the jungle because it's easy to get uncontested farm leaving someone like a witch doctor or whatever to their own devices and flaming when that person inevitably dies.

Pros will communicate and the Nature's Prophet is felt early on by insuring ganks succeed with the addition of a third body or punishing ganks that dive by providing immediate support. Pubs will just sit on their cliff and flame should anyone die because, once again, they're essentially down a man since NP's Teleport is on cooldown so he could sit on a cliff and right click hellsmashers.

And this isn't even mentioning the slew of Prophets I've had take stacked pull camps so the supports can't get their own farm or control the lane then block the camps from respawning by idling their trees there at the minute mark. Or the ones that buy Hand of Midas when your team is under early pressure and never once try to push down towers while their pushing line-up five man dota's your hard carry over and over again.

Honestly, I don't consider NP an easy hero to play well and he most certainly requires having a very good understanding of the game's tempo to determine item and skill builds. The flexibility that makes him so incredibly good is also what makes him challenging as he needs to try and understand what his opponents are going to do so he can counter them with his decisions.

Most pubbers have a shopping list of items that they must farm before they attempt to help at all and just rage whenever they aren't given enough time to six slot while the game is lost by them doing nothing but stealing last hits with ultimate spams from the jungle. "Holla holla."

I thought Midas was core on him? If you shouldnt rush midas what should you be getting instead?

Hellbears are the lamest but you need to pay attention to the auras and abilities. You always want alpha wolf mid-late game for damage aura and crits. Hellbears are dumb but I will usually eat the brown one to avoid losing whichever aura im using. Mud golems suck but they area easier to kill post patch and you can at least use midas on them(which I would not recommend). Always midas big guys from the hard camps and eat anyone else without abilities in whichever way you see fit. I love the ogre camp cause I usually eat one of the 800 ones and kill the 600hp one quickly. Ways to get to midas are different for everyone but I usually get tangos stout and quelling

also gank once you hit 6 but only gank if there is trouble. Do not get disheartened by jungle ganks but make sure you ward if they are constantly ganking or if bloodcyka is on the enemy team. farming is super quick mid-late game and you can easily get a few levels ahead without even trying

This exact thing happened yesterday on a game were I used Doom. Fuck it was really annoying.

Thanks for the advice btw.

Nymerio

I've had a NP like that in a game recently. Got teleport as his first skill, went to my lane autoattacked creeps then ported to dire jungle and cliff farmed there. The other team's DP saw him and killed him, I would've been ok with it if he had learned anything from that, but he just ported to the same cliff and died again. When he had 1400 gold on the side I thought he was going midas but he went dagon instead. fml.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom