• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Everytime I want to pick Legion Commander but someone among the opponents is faster than me, I just choose Abaddon so that Legion Commander loses every duel.

I have noticed some people countering Legion Commander with Storm Spirit, but I have never played this hero. It looks fun though.

BeesEight

This strat while seems like common knowledge or maybe not that important but this little thing won you guys the match in our Mid tier GAF tournament.

Couldn't gank that NP or set up anything in their jungle because these Treants would be spread everywhere.

Wouldn't smoking get you past them and give you an easier idea of where he is?

Wok

Also your avatar confused the hell out of me.

Now I see it.

BWNd4dQ.jpg

inkls

Everytime I want to pick Legion Commander but someone among the opponents is faster than me, I just choose Abaddon so that Legion Commander loses every duel.

I have noticed some people countering Legion Commander with Storm Spirit, but I have never played this hero. It looks fun though.

I'm thinking razor might do well against her with that dmg steal and armor reduction

I'm just going as CM every game. Won every one so far

First ranked game I won I was playing CM, before that I was picking carries. Warding and roam ganking seems to do a lot more than trying to play hard carry, especially when people just pick god awful lanes regardless of your intentions. To be fair I've only played like 3-4 ranked matches, and my team mates were megaton better for each one. I'm guessing it starts like you're on a fresh account?

Really, really into Legion Commander. She's got the support-killing, 1v1-winning style of Spirit Breaker, Undying's healing and durability, and an ult similar to Axe's guaranteed kill.

Kard8p3

granted he's also probably the hardest hero in the game to play next to meepo so don't feel too bad

Meepo is hard??

I think Chen and Invoker are 10000x harder(and Chen is my 2nd best hero)

So... Earth Spirit is god damn terrible. That's really all I have to say about that, I'll never play him again.

Wat.

Just go watch Jeraxai play. I legit watched him for at most ten minutes and he made my ES a hundred times better.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Meepo is hard??

Wat.

Just go watch Jeraxai play. I legit watched him for at most ten minutes and he made my ES a hundred times better.

bro i am of the 2 spell max invoker philosophy school of thought and i got like 75% win 5 kda masters diamond 3 star invoker player

Your daily reminder never to solo queue.

I was 2/2/3 before they started fountain diving. It's like...idunno man. I've played maybe 20 matches in the last 5 months and can still outplay an entire team of daily players. It was just embarrassing. No wards, no support. No communication except to yell at each other. Rubick support literally stood behind me the entire laning phase. Didn't toss out toss out any Q's or W's. Didn't stand imposingly. Didn't even pretend he could be useful.

Every time I looked up, I was hearing "triple kill!" in my ears. My farm wasn't the greatest thing in the world I agree, but I was basically 2v1 against Morphling and Wisp early.

I almost forgot how bad players can be sometimes. Was good to see I was still on my stacking game.

Dahbomb

Wouldn't smoking get you past them and give you an easier idea of where he is?
Yeah but we had already used up our Smoke to kill the main carry and using Smoke to gank a NP is a waste when you never know if his TP is up or not. He might TP before you get there.

Meepo is hard??

Imagine if Chen had like 4 other centaurs and they all had more than one spell. And if one of the centaurs died you did as well. And you didn't have a global oh god I'm dying save me ult.

Bam meepo.

Kard8p3

I can concede on the Chen point, though my school of thought was that since all Meepos do the same thing, less to remember than with Chen.

As for the Invoker is easier? Lol no.

I can concede on the Chen point, though my school of thought was that since all Meepos do the same thing, less to remember than with Chen.

As for the Invoker is easier? Lol no.
Invoker can win an average low level pub game solely with cold snap and deafening blast. I know, I've done it.

You can't stumble into a winner with meepo unless you're the luckiest guy around with amazing teammates. Not even because he's hard to use but because he's so easy to kill and keep track of for people who have no clue what they're doing.

Razzer

Invoker seems like something I could play well if I just learned the different combinations whereas meepo I don't think I could play well without an absolute shitton of practice cus of the micro.

Kard8p3

Eh, I guess it's different for different people. I'm OK with Invoker, whereas by my 3rd game with Meepo(without ever playing bots) I was doing better than expected, 4th or 5th game had me at 20-9.

Soule

I found Invoker much easier to play with than I anticipated. I only memorized a handful of spell combinations but I really relied on my forge spirit/cold snap combo early on, then you take into account the way you build him with skills makes certain other spells irrelevant for a big portion of the game and I got comfortable really fast. Now I feel like Invoker is one of the heroes that I make the biggest impact with, I feel like I get big blowout KDAs with him more than any other hero. Good times.

So how easy is Quas/Wex Invoker? I've only ever really played Quas/Exort Invoker and he was pretty easy even with micro involved (apart from sunstriking people obviously)

IceMarker

I recommend that when you solo queue in DOTA, please go in with the mindset that everyone is there to win, including the enemy team, and if you lose and it's not obviously* a teammates fault, the enemy team outplayed your team and potentially it might be your own fault. This kind of thinking helps keep me mentally sound. Don't be ashamed of a loss, learn from mistakes.

*If one of your teammates buys nothing but Poor Man's Shields then go ahead and flame him.

if you can press qqqr and eeer you're about halfway to being decent
Don't forget qqer and qeer!

Razzer

I recommend that when you solo queue in DOTA, please go in with the mindset that everyone is there to win, including the enemy team, and if you lose and it's not obviously* a teammates fault, the enemy team outplayed your team and potentially it might be your own fault. This kind of thinking helps keep me mentally sound. Don't be ashamed of a loss, learn from mistakes.

*If one of your teammates buys nothing but Poor Man's Shields then go ahead and flame him.

Yeah same. When I first started to be more knowledgeable about how to play well I got really frustrated at my teammates, but now I usually look at what I did wrong before anyone else unless it's an extreme case. Unless you are one of the high-tier players here (milk etc) then you will always have done something wrong, something you could have done better. I just try to identify them.

sixghost

Meepo is hard??

Wat.

Meepo is as tough or as easy as you want him to be. If you just want to roll around with mek, auras and heart he's pretty easy, but not a great hero. If you want to start using stuff like blink and a few active items like hex and eblade while split pushing with travels, he's much more difficult.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Almost all my solo queue games have generally been pretty positive, but maybe I just rub off on my teammates or don't know enough about dotes or just try to improve.
Anybody else really annoyed by Hippie's casting?
he is a bad caster yes
Can either of you elaborate what parts you don't like? Myself and Hippie would greatly appreciate it.
So... Earth Spirit is god damn terrible. That's really all I have to say about that, I'll never play him again.
lol git gud
EhbUOXv.png

granted he's also probably the hardest hero in the game to play next to meepo so don't feel too bad
I really don't think ES is hard to do well with. IMO his skill ceiling is very high if you start talking about using items mid roll and pulling other rocks mid roll, but at the core he is stupidly strong.

If you miss all your kicks and can't do the basic combo, then yeah don't play him.

Can either of you elaborate what parts you don't like? Myself and Hippie would appreciate it.
I'll pm you what I feel he can improve upon.

Maybe bad is a little harsh, but a while ago when I first found dota radio I ended up listening to him a lot, but today maybe I was just in a bad mood.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'll pm you what I feel he can improve upon.

Maybe bad is a little harsh, but a while ago when I first found dota radio I ended up listening to him a lot, but today maybe I was just in a bad mood.
Offhand impressions and both thoughtful criticism are welcomed.

He mentioned to me before I read the thread that he was pretty exhausted after 6 games.

BraXzy

Ugh. I have been doing terrible in every single game this past week. I feel like a noob more so than normal :'(

Someone comfort me?

Life, top of the page, now everyone is gonna flood me with love. I won't be able to handle it D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom