• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
5WWYd.png

Legend.

iKwEkIUxUhmuv.gif

sometimes u just gotta end shit at level 3 #beastin'n'feastin

dmshaposv

she's not anymore? what changed?

I think you need to add an addendum to that thought. She's useless if someone doesn't know how to play her.

silly talk.

disagree.

Sorry you've had such a bad experience with Lina players. Maybe you should play with more GAFers?

You are probably right. I've lost almost every game with someone else picking lina so my opinion might be based on that.

bounchfx

yeah I think we're doing one more game, then giving away the two arcanas. The other items are all given now. It was something like 7 tusk axes, 7 wards, 5 couriers, 4 huds.. so we play one game, then give away the arcanas. So basically join back again in 40 minutes, unless you wanna watch the game XD

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
agreed. Now that twitch implemented the 60 second gap thing it makes doing things live pretty much impossible. I really, really hope they revert, or I'll be looking for an alternative.

Yeah twitch has been king of video game streaming for awhile, but this is something that could easily dethrone them imo. If they don't fix their shit soon and someone comes up with a live alternative... might be too appealing for many streamers. The forced delay just screws viewer interaction so hard.

Kard8p3

Yeah twitch has been king of video game streaming for awhile, but this is something that could easily dethrone them imo. If they don't fix their shit soon and someone comes up with a live alternative... might be too appealing for many streamers. The forced delay just screws viewer interaction so hard.

MLG is working on just that. Albeit just for professional gamers/high viewed people on twitch at the start. Hopefully in the future it will expand though; could be good.

bounchfx

At least make it optional for those casters that are willing to trade off some stream quality for 'immediate' community interaction.

Kreunt

Banned
plus im sure valve already has a huge backbone network and/or enough business partners to get something established quickly.

Nirvana

I know a lot of Invoker players don't buy a bottle, but I'm finding that despite the Quas regen, he lacks the mana pool early game to really go without one and I end up not being able to stay on the map long enough to accomplish what I want to.

To anyone who plays Invoker a lot, is there a more viable build than say phase > drum or Midas > Phase > Drum that offers decent mana regen early game, or is getting a bottle viable now that you can invoke two spells earlier?

Low Tier
I know a lot of Invoker players don't buy a bottle, but I'm finding that despite the Quas regen, he lacks the mana pool early game to really go without one and I end up not being able to stay on the map long enough to accomplish what I want to.

To anyone who plays Invoker a lot, is there a more viable build than say phase > drum or Midas > Phase > Drum that offers decent mana regen early game, or is getting a bottle viable now that you can invoke two spells earlier?

just get ring of basi like hanni

SamVimes

Stop getting phase drums on Invoker please, if you're going quas exort it's pretty much useless.
Also yeah, basi is great in lane and you can disassemble it to use the sage mask in either orchid or eul if you want to buy one. If you don't it's just 250 gold "wasted".

Another problem is that you might be leaving your lane too much. On Invoker you usually want to buy a tp scroll pretty early and just sit in the lane and farm at least until you have double forge spirits and using the tp to save allies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hazaro is like Jerax junior or something.
Or that hero is just broken!
He's broken. But he's so goddam fun and active. Play like a boss.
I streamed a bit so you can here me play and curse at Dota at 12:00am (accidentally solo queued for Unranked for first ES game). Hopefully (or not) people can learn something.

Game 1 ES Unranked (Offlane support) (Really quick snowball push stomp)
Our team had a lot of fun with it though
Game 2 ES Ranked (Mid vs Invoker, long drawn out game) Ignore delicious starting cereal. Good amount of me messing up, but it's all goooood. Lots of rotating, maybe too much.
Hero is utterly broken, there's a special place in hell for ES pickers and it's populated by former invoker/batrider/prophet/lycan/magnus pickers.
Yeah but I wasn't around then so I basically only hate PL/Tinker/NP

Razzer

Shackleshot is still bullshit.

Half the time it's lined up and doesn't latch. The other half you get 90 degree Shackleshots.

Whether it latches depends on where Windrunner is when the shackle hits rather than when she throws it. So if she is at 90 degrees to the trees when she throws it then blinks so that you are directly between her and the trees it will latch.

Hylian7

Whether it latches depends on where Windrunner is when the shackle hits rather than when she throws it. So if she is at 90 degrees to the trees when she throws it then blinks so that you are directly between her and the trees it will latch.

....Mind blown. I rarely play the hero and did not know that after two hears. Fuck.

Nirvana

Stop getting phase drums on Invoker please, if you're going quas exort it's pretty much useless.
Also yeah, basi is great in lane and you can disassemble it to use the sage mask in either orchid or eul if you want to buy one. If you don't it's just 250 gold "wasted".

Another problem is that you might be leaving your lane too much. On Invoker you usually want to buy a tp scroll pretty early and just sit in the lane and farm at least until you have double forge spirits and using the tp to save allies.

I don't go phase/drums, I just appreciate the need for drums for mana. I'll try the basi, seems to make sense! Thanks guys

Razzer

....Mind blown. I rarely play the hero and did not know that after two hears. Fuck.

Yep. I remember at the MLG finals in that one game where Pieliedie played an amazing WR and he did a few clutch shackles where he would throw it then forcestaff afterwards into position. Amazing to watch.

ElyrionX

How is Drums useless on Invoker? It is the most cost efficient mid game item and the mid game is generally what makes or breaks Invoker.

Hylian7

All I'm having is bad nights of Dota lately. I'm so sad right now, guys.

I had the two absolute worst games ever tonight (teammates mainly), followed by me saying "fuck it I want to win" and picking Earth Spirit and stomping the next one with it.

I killed SF mid four times by myself very quickly.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/438192684

I snowballed, communicated and told Legion to come in for kills (stun, roll, kick one back for a Duel), and boom, more damage for Legion.

SF cried "imba" in chat.

Yay, got a genuine omnivus. I'll assume it only decrease in price and you are probably able to get a regular one on the steam market soon right? I'll probably would have to sell it as soon as possible, it's a nice item though.

Nirvana

First invoker game went well and the Basi worked wonders. Obviously my team was ahead regardless, but I did manage to swing two or three teamfights with well placed combos, so that felt good.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/438208746

P.S Great team comp there, Slardar and Mirana last picks and an LC in lane should have caused us to lose, but somehow we won. Felt like low priority...is this what standard matchmaking is like now that ranked is here?

NBtoaster

They should just remove ES's silence altogether. His skills still have so many other uses. Or at least get rid of that weird silence propagation thing with his ult that nobody understands.

GorillaJu

Matchmaking needs a blacklist function. I would rather just be skipped over in queue than have to play with this little pile of refuse that I get matched with in every fucking game.

SamVimes

How is Drums useless on Invoker? It is the most cost efficient mid game item and the mid game is generally what makes or breaks Invoker.

Because it's a relic of quas wex Invoker where it has really good sinergy with both phase boots and wex, on an exort invoker you can make better items for mobility like force staff and blink and you don't care that much about the stats. Also you're gonna have midas, boots, tp and wand/stick most games, you can't afford to waste slots on items that don't really give you much of anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom