• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

On Bruno's stream where they are testing stuff out they just had Broodmother use her webs to go up the outer cliffs like Bat when he uses firefly. Since the webs last longer though it seems like you would just be able to retreat up there? Wonder if you could tp out from up there also?

I think the Roshan Dire advantage will have to be addressed. I was talking about this on my stream, but she could easily just slip into Rosh undetected if she's on Dire.

G.ZZZ

Those changes are fucking huge. Much more gold going around (1.7 gold per sec instead of 1.3 srsly), more starting gold (but all regen nerfed) and more gold for ending sprees, UP TO 1000 gold. Holy. So many heroes nerfed, and pooling completely killed. Not sure how i feel about it. Jungle is also completely changed, what is this.

This feel like a completely new game right now.

The shared XP for neutrals make pulling basically dead, unless you completely zone out the offlaner, but i guess that isn't really pratical as you can just hide in the woods.

Tree nerfed??!!?!? Why Lmao he was already pretty bad

My favourite changes are Jugg agha now even better on him. Drow global pushing is pretty fun too. S&Y is a legit item too. Brood look the funniest shit ever. Huskar is competely dead. Armlet is pretty dead as an item too. Alchemist is maybe slightly better on lvl6-11, but worse later on. ES crit is legit now :D
PUDGE BLINK YES FINALLY. The hero's legit now as he can play as a semi-batrider with safe blink ulti. Skeleton King lost his second passive, but gained 5 base intelligence, allowing him to stun twice at lvl2. Not sure about him being viable as a support without the 20% hp nuke.

Tranquils are broken on support roamers now.
Not sure about all the consumable nerfs.
Obs 7 minutes are nice, but the bounty will just make you call your carry to deward, or maybe not. Vanguard is basically unchanged. Icefrog 100% block plz.
I'm surprised Jango was unchanged.

Morph, Lina, Sand King and mirana buffs are laughable.

Sniper +20 range broken.

- Base attack time nerfed from 1.7 to 1.9
- Greater Bash no longer works while doomed
- Nether Strike now uses 1.2 Cast Time instead of a 1 sec magic immune delay (can be interrupted as a result)

I heard dota 2 balanced around competitive.

sixghost

In light of Rosh being on a random respawn timer, I think Valve needs to fix the bug where you can see Rosh spawn from outside the pit with no vision. Otherwise you'll just have one guy staring at the rosh pit for 3 minutes after 8 minutes is up.

So if Stifling Dagger crits it's pretty absurd. Won't happen nearly as often due to the cooldown - even in WTF mode it takes awhile to trigger sometimes, but if you do get a proc, it will absolutely secure kills. One shots pretty much all but the tankiest creeps. Especially with the changes to offlane/jungle and xp sharing, she could be a really good offlaner if you want to get greedy.

Oh and the aegis heal thing is interesting. Same buff icon/effect as a regen rune but way faster.

Boken

Banned
the only way to analyse the patch:

will play:
  • PA thanx for waifu buffs icefrog i will play her even with animu face now
  • broodmother i <3 split pushing
  • DP as above
  • clinks :3
  • luna i for one think thats a net buff.

wont play
  • QoP icefrog why qq

Phandy

You cant TP out while you are omnislashing as Juggernaut. Lolol. Edit- And you can use refresher while jumping holy shit.

GD studio stream is up and they are testing stuff out.

Stacking butterflys on void (3+ looked good) makes you nearly untouchable.

Haunted

Why would you TP out during omnislash and potentially cut it short? Spin -> TP is still safe, no?

Using items like BKB or shadow blade during omnislash, though, now there's something.

Unless I'm blind I can't find when this patch goes live, does anyone know?
Probably tomorrow or the day after.

JustinBB7

You cant TP out while you are omnislashing as Juggernaut. Lolol. Edit- And you can use refresher while jumping holy shit.

GD studio stream is up and they are testing stuff out.

Stacking butterflys on void (3+ looked good) makes you nearly untouchable.

It sucks that one item can cancel it out. But usually it's just 1 carry that will go MKB, so you can not be hit by anybody else. Void with 3 butterflys, battlefurry, bots sounds scary..

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It sucks that one item can cancel it out. But usually it's just 1 carry that will go MKB, so you can not be hit by anybody else. Void with 3 butterflys, battlefurry, bots sounds scary..

Simple, have void also grab a Heaven Halberd. Oh, you have an MKB, DISARMED! Oh, you popped BKB, CHORNOSPEAR.

Nothing could go wrong.

Which method were you using with tinker? The one I usually do is where you carve out the little alley in the trees so you can safely auto attack the entire time. The dragons seem like they would make that impossible since they would just fly over the trees. I don't see how Tinker can tank all that damage.

You don't need to do all that. Add me and I'll show you.

Haunted

I wonder how rosh spawn will change team fights ;_;
Probably the single most important change for the pro scene. Will be interesting to see what kind of strategies emerge to keep an eye on the pit ~8 minutes after the last Roshan.

The biggest change to the pub level should be the faster gold gain. This should shorten the average game time since everyone gets the items up quicker and decisive teamfights can happen earlier.

edit: also lol at Cyborgmatt "accidentally" spawning upcoming Diretide stuff on the 2GD stream.

kasane

Probably the single most important change for the pro scene. Will be interesting to see what kind of strategies emerge to keep an eye on the pit ~8 minutes after the last Roshan.

The biggest change to the pub level should be the faster gold gain. This should shorten the average game time since everyone gets the items up quicker and decisive teamfights can happen earlier.

edit: also lol at Cyborgmatt "accidentally" spawning upcoming Diretide stuff on the 2GD stream.

If i read it correctly its random right? How in the hell would you predict that.

Boken

Banned
tbh the random rosh spawn is hella weird.

guess its to encourge more skirmishes due to checking rosh in that 3 minute period

Haunted

If i read it correctly its random right? How in the hell would you predict that.
You can't predict it. You know it's respawning at 8 minutes at the earliest and 11 minutes at the latest. Going to be a tense three minutes every time.

It's going to be less mechanical and less predictable, overall. Good for spectators.

Phandy

I know a lot people hate and complain about shit, but regardless of whether its good or bad, this is whats awesome about dota. They make a few balance and mechanic changes and suddenly a tonne of stuff changes, loads of crazy new things come out of it. Maybe thats what icefrog was looking for with this patch (and I hope in the future). Dota1 had a lot of crazy stuff happen because of wierd engine limitations, maybe he wants to start experimenting with what might start happening without those limitations.

Im already seeing some whacky stuff on the dota forums.

Dahbomb

It's a good thing that Broodmother is banned in CM right now. Right now from the dire side she can clear a path of web from her T3 to the Roshan pit and appear from behind Roshan completely evading most forms of detection as people usually place them near the river/cliff. I guess this is more of a problem with the whole Roshan being imbalanced in terms of side advantage but this BM change really highlights it.

I can see it now, The Mid will be pulled 2 to 3 tangos charges from other players
I don't think that's going to happen, the borrowed charges are on a timer (60 seconds). They are really only useful for healing your lane partner as soon as they need some regen.

At least that's how I interpreted the changes. Icefrog basically does not want people to be pooling regen.

JustinBB7

It's a good thing that Broodmother is banned in CM right now. Right now from the dire side she can clear a path of web from her T3 to the Roshan pit and appear from behind Roshan completely evading most forms of detection as people usually place them near the river/cliff. I guess this is more of a problem with the whole Roshan being imbalanced in terms of side advantage but this BM change really highlights it.

Any hero can forcestaff/blink in there from dire side anyway. Plus some other spells. This brood thing adds to it yea but it was always this way.

Dahbomb

Any hero can forcestaff/blink in there from dire side anyway. Plus some other spells. This brood thing adds to it yea but it was always this way.
Yea but she not only gets there while being invisible but at any sign of trouble she can just cliff walk back to the secret shop place, regen and then come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom