• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
WTF

why is icefraud nerfing SB? hes barely a decent support in competitive and now this nerf will just absolutely KILL him

who gives a fuck about pubbers, if they cant handle a 1v1 hero with near global engage potential, thats their own problem.

kasane

WTF

why is icefraud nerfing SB? hes barely a decent support in competitive and now this nerf will just absolutely KILL him

who gives a fuck about pubbers, if they cant handle a 1v1 hero with near global engage potential, thats their own problem.

They want to balance pub's to i guess.

KingKong

WTF

I dont think he gives a fuck about pubbers considering the bloodseeker and riki changes

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Also poor OD. Not having aura procs from items really hurts him. Mek build on him is pretty worthless now.
Overreaction. He had a lackluster win rate at ti3 and razor or kunkka can easily deal with him mid. Not to mention how much mid ganks and bkb fuck him. This plus crow nerf will likely knock him out of the meta since he ain't no great shakes at rune control.

Also the whole courier nerf is like another buff to prophet

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
GAME

OF

THROWS

loki was mad

Icefraud has considered pub balance in the past.

See: Overpower getting a cast time.

that was probably a net buff to ursa, as earthshock's cast time was reduced--before earthshock would rarely ever hit, now it's pretty easy. Overpower was added to that tiny ass cast time to slightly offset dat nice buff. You can overpower before running in anyway, it was a negligible nerf compared to the earthshock.

Hylian7

Overreaction. He had a lackluster win rate at ti3 and razor or kunkka can easily deal with him mid. Not to mention how much mid ganks and bkb fuck him. This plus crow nerf will likely knock him out of the meta since he ain't no great shakes at rune control.

Fuck I didn't even think of that.

Also Broodmother could be a dewarding machine if you are in pubs that stupidly pick 5-melee teams.

BeesEight

Oh, damn! A new patch! I'm going to have a lot to learn when I finally get time to game.

I feel like Icefrog meant for the courier to be an early game objective two patches ago. Between slower move speed with bottle, removing the shield, changing the gold costs and whatnot, I think his hope is that there will be a bit more play around it and it was constantly undercut with an immediate upgrade.

But yeah, heroes like Nature's Prophet and Bounty Hunter I feel are likely candidates for hunting couriers at the start.

I'm with you that OD has been overnerfed. I don't think we'll see him much at all in the coming months.

Seance

Banned
Lion
- Mana Drain duration increased from 4 to 5
- Hex cooldown increased from 15 to 30/25/20/15
- Hex duration increased from 1.75/2.5/3.25/4 to 2.5/3/3.5/4

0-4-4 build new meta

And that Rubick Aghs upgrade is appallingly good, holy shit. Core item for Rubick, ensure he gets the farm he needs lol.

kasane

Lion
- Mana Drain duration increased from 4 to 5
- Hex cooldown increased from 15 to 30/25/20/15
- Hex duration increased from 1.75/2.5/3.25/4 to 2.5/3/3.5/4

0-4-4 build new meta

And that Rubick Aghs upgrade is appallingly good, holy shit. Core item for Rubick, ensure he gets the farm he needs lol.

fucking fuck 4 second hex/

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
It's a good thing that Broodmother is banned in CM right now. Right now from the dire side she can clear a path of web from her T3 to the Roshan pit and appear from behind Roshan completely evading most forms of detection as people usually place them near the river/cliff. I guess this is more of a problem with the whole Roshan being imbalanced in terms of side advantage but this BM change really highlights it.
How much of a problem is this? I mean, if the enemy Broodmother can solo roshan you are already pretty fucked

JustinBB7

So does Doom now disable all passives and remove all buffs?

I'm sure there are a few passives that still work, but A LOT of things don't already, and this patch adds a nice barrel more of stuff that won't work anymore. His ult gets better and better and better.

So does Doom now disable all passives and remove all buffs?

Just about, but some things it still doesn't. Like Void's dodge (which isn't a dodge, technically).

But there aren't many things left.

Honestly, I felt like that's how his Doom should have always worked. *everything* stops.

Vengeful spirit with blink is the new batrider..swap someone then blink back to ur team

She was already a good support, but she'll be damn near the best now.

shira

Spider lady is going to be so imba. Being able to run through trees and over cliffs makes you pretty unkillable.

I still have no idea why you guys keep saying this.

Spirit Breaker, Io, Spectre, Furion, Gondar. Can't all these heroes easily find/track her?

Volodja

Just about, but some things it still doesn't. Like Void's dodge (which isn't a dodge, technically).

But there aren't many things left.

Honestly, I felt like that's how his Doom should have always worked. *everything* stops.

She was already a good support, but she'll be damn near the best now.
Doom disables Backtrack since 6.78

sixghost

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but you don't get blocked by spiderlings or creeps when you are on webs in 6.79. It's like a permanent phase boots effect. That seems pretty huge.

I guess me thinking Mystic Snake isn't a very good skill validates my Dota expertise!

I really can't comment as I've never maxed snake first. But it certainly has its place. Like, if you're getting pushed out of the lane, it gives you a tool to push back and farm a bit better. Problem is it delays what you really want (Q and E maxed).

To me it's one of those skills you take only as many points as you *absolutely need* to maintain farming. Kinda like PA's Blur or Void's Backtrack.

Manus

Man are the Bloodstained Britches for Pudge pretty rare or something? Market only has them for around $6.50, but I keep getting people adding me and begging for a trade for them. Than when I decline the trade the people get pissed.

Sibylus

Banned
I'm so happy Bloodseeker got buffed.
dark-knight-sonar-o.gif

"What are you?!"
"I'm Bloodman"

Is it a buff though? He loses a lot of armor. Also his vision of the target is decreased and the thirst buff ends immediately on hero death so you could be caught somewhere bad when you dive you could have escaped before.

We will have to see it in action on actual matches before calling it either I'd say.

Sibylus

Banned
Being able to see hero models of players below half health at infinite range is kind of a big deal if you have global heroes (which are ridiculously popular right now).

Good Synergy with Invoker too, who's probably going to return to popularity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom